Status
Not open for further replies.
PM Mr IK Niazi

:sneaky:

No more prisoners, no more dealing as if 'wayward citizen'.

Awesome! I always wondered what you guys (army and govt) were doing asking them to surrender.

Lot of People call Op PARAKARAM a failure, but it was one of the most comprehensive victory for India in terms of diplomatic fallout and the effects of Musharraf curbing the militants ... and by 2006 we had hardly any militancy in J&K and troops were being drawn down. This is precisely what is happening.

(y)

But you're always talking about taking PoJK back... That certainly won't happen without an actual conflict.

I am talking about what the GoI position today is.

I am not talking about my own position. All my comments are comments on what data I see being churned out in public domain and estimating what happens next. My personal opinion will be drafted as opinion itself or will be clearly mentioned.

And what actual data that I get not in public domain is not shared at all if it is of the kind which needs not be in public domain. That, which is shared, is put obliquely, and will have some or the other data available ... like of Heron TP.

I told in this forum that the same have been inducted, quite a few weeks back. Yesterday (was it?) a tweet by PSK was put up here. That, because the deal was mentioned in open forum, I merely confirmed something as having been done.

And how many more times will Pakistan give India such an excellent excuse, where even the international community sits quiet and doesn't preach to India about maturity and restraint - and in some cases, goes as far as justifying/supporting our actions?

Quite a few times, knowing them, not for very long, knowing what GoI has managed to stitch up in the form of a coalition.

One thing I can make very clear for everyone's understanding here - Pakistan can forget using it's nukes. And I suspect, F-16s too, if we decide to go all out. One very pertinent statement has been made today.

"If China continues to block this designation, responsible member-states may be forced to pursue other actions at the
Security Council. It shouldn't have to come to that,"

Responsible UNSC members may be forced to pursue other actions: UNSC diplomat on Masood Azhar - Times of India ►

It is not a lip service anymore. They know that India has decided to hit. One way or the other.

Like I told on twitter to someone:

If you are with us, with you
If you are not with us, with out you
If you are against us, in spite of you

My very personal opinion is that we must continue all recourse to peaceful ways of dismantling the terror threat that we face, without succumbing to military option immediately, military option to maintain pressure on Pakistan and it's society (by inflicting casualties) must be continued. But should it prove futile, with the support of the citizens and considering the mental make up the country has right now, we must use all means, including extreme violence, to achieve our objectives, targeting all terror points and the infrastructure, even if it means wiping out those who are merely mute spectators. I mince no words on that. But first, peace must be achieved as far as possible through peaceful means. I think we are nearing the end of our patience with the former route.

If we go by what the air force says, we have avenged Pulwama. I don't know what you mean by "neutralising". @Falcon has pointed out that the strikes were done in a way Pak could deny it and hence control escalation. They killed our people, we killed theirs. The PA escalated in a knee-jerk way which made them out to be the aggressors.

Perception war is irrelevant. Doesn't change the ground situation, which is more important.

And no, just this much will not deter Pakistan from committing future terrorist attacks. In fact it will make them much more active than before. Short of all-out war, we can only hope the international community does something to put pressure on Pakistan. And we are still a few years away from being ready for all-out war.
Pakistan just killed 44 Indian soldiers in a single attack. What did we do? Kill some 2 bit jihadi scum? Even if it was 300 of them, you call that avenging our dead? No, that's just cowardice.

So it's okay for Indian Armed Forces to be perceived as incompetent buffoons? For PA the fact that they so handsomely 'won' the round in the eyes of their domestic and non-Indian International audience just encourages them to further their proxy war. Had they been embarrassed, that would have likely caused rethink.

So what did this strike achieve anyway. Stopped a couple of attacks for a couple of months? Was that the objective?

Let me address your points here.
Yet somehow, all those points remain as true as they were before.

We haven't avenged the deaths of the Pulwama attack.
We haven't deterred Pakistan from any future attacks.
The impact of Balakot strike was quickly neutralized.
We have been beaten in the perception war.

Yup all of them.
Please recollect what I have maintained here throughout. Leave aside the odd trolling mode post I have made, which were done precisely where the crux of information was very correct.

The thrust of our strategy has been to escalate, put pressure on the Pakistani military, diplomatically refuse to engage with Pakistan on their terms (of making violence be linked to Kashmir issue thereby trying to give terror a colour of being a struggle for independence) instead insisting on terror being dismantled prior to any meaningful and implementable talks on all issues and maintaining an enhanced military presence even after international powers intervened to seek a pause in Indian escalation by assuring tremendous amount of pressure on Pakistan, which is real, present and continuous, just to ensure that the message remains clear to all, that we will resort to violent means to win peace, if needed.

Towards that end, it can be unofficially confirmed that PA and GoP was very clearly conveyed by US through multiple channels, that release of captured IAF pilot was an immediate priority if Pakistan wanted to avoid a military conflict, as that would enable US to work out a pause with India.

There is no two opinion about what would have been Indian course of action, had PM Mr IK Niazi not made the announcement of release of IAF pilot as goodwill gesture - when the Pakistani members say that Indian BrahMos were ready, one should not be in any doubt about the fact that PM Mr IK Niazi undertook the step not out of magnanimity, but under clear threat.
That's just some imagination to soothe the frailed ego. IK enhanced his standing significantly as a statesman by releasing the pilot. It got lots of brownie points for Pak and painted them as the mature yet confident party - immediately responding to our attack on their soil > shooting our jet > capturing and returning the pilot. They couldn't write a better script if they wanted to.
Even then, GoI was willing to fore go the release of Pilot, as GoI was very clear that terror is going to be dealt with, in the most violent of means, if need be. US assured that Pakistan will face the music, and since then, US, UK, France have spearheaded all initiatives against the terror infrastructure. Russia, has been the quiet and non-vocal yet steady supporter.

The only hold out China, has cut back the finance it was to provide, apart from public lip service, China has with held any further financial investments. OIC we have discussed already.
Or in other words, nothing changed. Everyone's doing what they always have.

The bit about China is clearly BS just like your last posts about China 'cutting its losses'.
Along LC, not a single ingress has taken place. The pressure is being maintained all along the LC. In hinterland, the last engagement - grapevine has it that one of the militants wanted to surrender. He did - to eternal peace.

No more prisoners, no more dealing as if 'wayward citizen'. They are being hunted and Indian Army has opened the Tourist Company for their travels and tour onwards.(not sure about their entertainment though)
So we're finally doing what we should have always done. Fantastic
Those who want gore and guts with so called gory, are in for a disappointment. Of course, they can realize their dream by going for it themselves .. one can always join the territorial army till 42 years of age :D
Of course, and those who cower in fear and trepidation at the sight of blood might best rethink if they are fit to serve their country.

In the Chinese block on Masood Azhar, there is more than what meets the eye - Oneindia News

Officials explain to OneIndia that it is not just bi-lateral. China has called Pakistan an all weather friend, while Azhar the man himself has called China the almighty. Apart from these aspects and the fact that Azhar guards China's assets in Pakistan it is also to ensure that India does not become supreme in the region.

China would not like India having its say in the UN. China has also been instrumental in blocking India's NSG bid several times. It is a case of being supreme and throwing its clout around says an informed officer in New Delhi. The officer says that although all nations say it openly that the war against terror is important, the fact of the matter is that all are divided in their approach. There are different equations at play.

The stakes in Afghanistan are very high. Russian President Vladimir Putin in fact changed the country's long standing policy against the US in Afghanistan. US was able to take over Afghanistan after Putin allowed the US set up base in Central Asia. China too has a major stake in Afghanistan and the recent statement by the Taliban in which it said it would not target infrastructure projects in Afghanistan is also significant. China has high stakes in Afghanistan and would not want that to be disturbed.

Any move in the UN on Azhar is likely to change China's equation with the Taliban which is considered to be close to the Jaish-e-Mohammad boss. More control in the UN for India would also tilt the balance against China. Officials explain that the reason for the block goes beyond the all-weather friend or Azhar playing bouncer for Chinese investments in Pakistan. It is all about supremacy in the region, the officer also explains.

I am tired of reading such articles in our press which try to justify and look for rationale of Chinese actions.
We should read what is visible to all that this country is our biggest enemy the day we agree we will be closer to the solution of how to manage it.

Reactions: Paro
There are ample proof of strike from Pleiades sat in 0.5 m res taken on 27th.

Anyone can buy that imagery.
Interesting. Do you have that imagery? If yes, would you like to share it with us?
Or have you just seen that imagery? In which case, what makes you confident that there is 'ample proof' in the Pleiades satellite imagery?

Here are a few third-party analyses presented by independent media and forensic analysts, based on satellite imagery by PlanetLabs and European Space Imaging:
Satellite images show madrasa buildings still standing at scene of Indian bombing
Surgical Strike in Pakistan a Botched Operation?
PAKISTAN: Satellite Imagery confirms India missed target in Pakistan airstrike

Are you suggesting that the Pleiades satellite imagery captured something else at the location in question, not visible in the above mentioned analyses?

Let me address your points here.

Please recollect what I have maintained here throughout. Leave aside the odd trolling mode post I have made, which were done precisely where the crux of information was very correct.

The thrust of our strategy has been to escalate, put pressure on the Pakistani military, diplomatically refuse to engage with Pakistan on their terms (of making violence be linked to Kashmir issue thereby trying to give terror a colour of being a struggle for independence) instead insisting on terror being dismantled prior to any meaningful and implementable talks on all issues and maintaining an enhanced military presence even after international powers intervened to seek a pause in Indian escalation by assuring tremendous amount of pressure on Pakistan, which is real, present and continuous, just to ensure that the message remains clear to all, that we will resort to violent means to win peace, if needed.

Towards that end, it can be unofficially confirmed that PA and GoP was very clearly conveyed by US through multiple channels, that release of captured IAF pilot was an immediate priority if Pakistan wanted to avoid a military conflict, as that would enable US to work out a pause with India.

There is no two opinion about what would have been Indian course of action, had PM Mr IK Niazi not made the announcement of release of IAF pilot as goodwill gesture - when the Pakistani members say that Indian BrahMos were ready, one should not be in any doubt about the fact that PM Mr IK Niazi undertook the step not out of magnanimity, but under clear threat.

Even then, GoI was willing to fore go the release of Pilot, as GoI was very clear that terror is going to be dealt with, in the most violent of means, if need be. US assured that Pakistan will face the music, and since then, US, UK, France have spearheaded all initiatives against the terror infrastructure. Russia, has been the quiet and non-vocal yet steady supporter.

The only hold out China, has cut back the finance it was to provide, apart from public lip service, China has with held any further financial investments. OIC we have discussed already.

Along LC, not a single ingress has taken place. The pressure is being maintained all along the LC. In hinterland, the last engagement - grapevine has it that one of the militants wanted to surrender. He did - to eternal peace.

No more prisoners, no more dealing as if 'wayward citizen'. They are being hunted and Indian Army has opened the Tourist Company for their travels and tour onwards.(not sure about their entertainment though)

And all this, without repeating the moves we undertook in aftermath of Parliament Attack.

We are hitting in depth, we are hitting across the entire length of LC and we are doing it at will. All the while, diplomatic pressure on Pakistan remains (in the backdrop of military threats).

Lot of People call Op PARAKARAM a failure, but it was one of the most comprehensive victory for India in terms of diplomatic fallout and the effects of Musharraf curbing the militants ... and by 2006 we had hardly any militancy in J&K and troops were being drawn down. This is precisely what is happening.

Those who want gore and guts with so called gory, are in for a disappointment. Of course, they can realize their dream by going for it themselves .. one can always join the territorial army till 42 years of age :D

What about the
Multiple train bombings in mumbai 2005, 2007,2011
Bomb blasts in DELHI around Diwali in 2005
Jaipur bomb blast around IPL
Mecca masjid blast in HYD
Samjhota train bombing which was done by LeT
Bomb blasts for which Purohit was wrongly imprisoned

Terrorism shifted big time to entire India after opt prakhram and the icing on the cake was 26/11.
With all due respect to you I feel Diplomatic victories are for those who can’t achieve on the battlefield and count for nothing.
Our Armed forces were emasculated in this period and we had no option but to look for diplomacy.

Pakistan just killed 44 Indian soldiers in a single attack. What did we do? Kill some 2 bit jihadi scum? Even if it was 300 of them, you call that avenging our dead? No, that's just cowardice.

So it's okay for Indian Armed Forces to be perceived as incompetent buffoons? For PA the fact that they so handsomely 'won' the round in the eyes of their domestic and non-Indian International audience just encourages them to further their proxy war. Had they been embarrassed, that would have likely caused rethink.

So what did this strike achieve anyway. Stopped a couple of attacks for a couple of months? Was that the objective?

Tell us what should be done. Clear actionable points. Practical. Affordable. Politically internationally doable.

Waiting.

Interesting. Do you have that imagery? If yes, would you like to share it with us?
Or have you just seen that imagery? In which case, what makes you confident that there is 'ample proof' in the Pleiades satellite imagery?

Here are a few third-party analyses presented by independent media and forensic analysts, based on satellite imagery by PlanetLabs and European Space Imaging:
Satellite images show madrasa buildings still standing at scene of Indian bombing
Surgical Strike in Pakistan a Botched Operation?
PAKISTAN: Satellite Imagery confirms India missed target in Pakistan airstrike

Are you suggesting that the Pleiades satellite imagery captured something else at the location in question, not visible in the above mentioned analyses?
And PLEASE don't theorize that the bombs went in from the sides. I can't take it anymore. :sick:

There is no way that 80% of our strike package, whatever that means, comprising of any number of 2000lb bombs enter that building and that building remains standing.

Before coming to a conclusion on the outcome, give me an official source on the 2000lb bomb claim? Leaving the rest of your claims aside. Lets not talk about the fact that you are beginning to openly question the very claims of the forces by doubting them.

Rumor has it, on good authority, that @randomradio, when he was born, was inadvertently placed in, instead of a neonatal unit, the hospital's pharmacy, on the shelf with all the anti-depressants. And he became one too.

Since then, he has acquired this ability to cheer anyone up.

Have you been talking to my mom on Facebook? :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.