Indian Aircraft Crash Notification

IAF is a paper force even now
In my lifetime, this is the second mid-air collision of combat aircrafts of India. The first is in the 90s when Mig-29 collided with another mig-29 or so.

There is no end to the mystery called IAF. This is beyond shameful. I guess PAF and other air-forces must be laughing all the way.

@randomradio @Bon Plan @Picdelamirand-oil - Can you try to explain how such a thing even happens?

In my lifetime, this is the second mid-air collision of combat aircrafts of India. The first is in the 90s when Mig-29 collided with another mig-29 or so.

There is no end to the mystery called IAF. This is beyond shameful. I guess PAF and other air-forces must be laughing all the way.

@randomradio @Bon Plan @Picdelamirand-oil - Can you try to explain how such a thing even happens?

It's actually quite common as far as air forces go, since they fly in formations.

Here's one from November last year.

Our own from 2019.

French Rafales last year.

Two F-16s.

20230308_153400.jpg
it was a controlled ditching.
Helicopter had deployed it's floatation gear.

Navy will try to salvage the helicopter.

Reactions: marich01
Was this a planned manoeuvre to check for any chinks as well crew response time ? I ask for this kind of incident rarely unfolds the way it did .
I don't think so.

Dhruv has certain self protection systems installed which are very effective.

It's crash worthy seats & automatic fire suppression system has saved some important lives in Army Aviation.