Status
Not open for further replies.
However GPS legally is not a liability on USA as legally still declared experimental not operational.
So they are not bound to provide same accuracy to anyone except their own forces.
The GPS signal accuracy always deteriorates in war zones. Speaking from experience.
GNSS augmentation applies Kalman equations and rejects signals deemed inaccurate. However those calculations are based on taking an average between various signals and if more than one satellite positioning systems are injection error in their signal then even that method will be in accurate.
The manual override you are on about needs radio signal reception which needs line of sight communication with the weapon system, again a problem in mountainous terrain.

That is an argument that can be played both ways and is premised on the assumption that US intelligence is so good that they can figure out when the pilot will flip the weapon and in what sequence the weapons will be released.

Then the speculation that IAF foiled PAF's intended targets of Sirnagar and Avantipore AFBs as primary target needs to be brought to fore, because that is something which we suspect as being the primary and the actual targeting being secondary.

Thing is, the IAF never said SPICE was used, or any other specific system. They are media speculations, regardless of how reliable they can be. There are also reports that PGHSLD of lower weight classes were used alongside SPICE.

Either way, damage seems precise and pretty extensive as higher resolution images emerge.

View attachment 4849.

Not sure about these photographs.

That is an argument that can be played both ways and is premised on the assumption that US intelligence is so good that they can figure out when the pilot will flip the weapon and in what sequence the weapons will be released.

Then the speculation that IAF foiled PAF's intended targets of Sirnagar and Avantipore AFBs as primary target needs to be brought to fore, because that is something which we suspect as being the primary and the actual targeting being secondary.

Why would they target an AFB unless Pakistani strategists have some sort of fetish for sadomasochism? If that was the primary target, then I really doubt IAF is going to let them off that easy.

Yah the reuters image from ground shows they have likely painted over (looks pretty fresh paint on main building) and patched everything up already (and likely would be tell tale up close)....hence why they are keeping reuters journalists strictly away still:
So any satellite images now would need really good resolution to capture it all....I say let time play out.

In mean time Pakistan keeping journalists away from the area says a lot. I am pointing this out to people in the know that matter from my end.

Let me load the picture:

r.jpg

Apart from the fresh paint job being in dissonance with the blacked out walls, if you notice there is one outlet of what I assume to be a generator set marked with Purple Arrow. The Red arrows as also the oval marks show significant darkening of the walls, consistent with carbon residue from smoke. A bit far for the generator residue to be deposited. Further, anyone who has stayed in J&K, will know that the probability of shining apparently brand new Corrugated Iron Sheets at the same time, is only if all have been replaced immediately. With blue marked arrows, have marked the area. Appears to be a new set of CGI sheets.

View attachment 4857View attachment 4858View attachment 4859View attachment 4860View attachment 4861View attachment 4862View attachment 4863
Can someone confirm authenticity

Mod edit: Not Authentic. There are lot of Wannabe experts... Let us not spread such fake news

Fake.

Guys, please use your grey cells, (no pun intended)

Have you seen the effect of a bomb in closed environments? Would that effect leave perfectly fine figured wrapped bodies? Or would there be pieces and parts of bodies?

And Edhi foundation in it?

And if the whole thing was a cover up, do you think mobiles would not be taken, thereby making it impossible to take a photo?

Pure garbage.

Last edited:
Sir is how you address veterans like Falcon & vstol Jockey. They've earned it. Apart from @Guynextdoor who's older than your oldest uncle. Hence you use terms like uncle to address him. He doesn't deserve such honorifics but it's a reflection of your upbringing. I've no such accomplishments to my credit nor am I old enough to deserve honorifics.

Spare me.

Political survival. Ignore politicians making speeches.

What was the IB guy, sitting onboard, doing? Heck, what were Indian citizens, on board the aircraft, doing? Could they have not tackled all the hijackers, who were outnumbered by 30:1?

Its quite natural for a gandhi family guys to confuse Negotiation as dealmaking :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: . Here is wat it actually means

Dealmaking : The one quattarochi uncle or Robert Vadra does.

Negotiating : Effort done 2 release hostages held by terrorist after due consultation with all political parties .

It was a surrender - by Vajpayee led government. Had the terrorists exploded the aircraft, India would have been in all rights to sort Pakistan once and for all. And that, when their sum total of weapons would not have needed me to take off my shoes to count on finger.

Why would they target an AFB unless Pakistani strategists have some sort of fetish for sadomasochism? If that was the primary target, then I really doubt IAF is going to let them off that easy.

Why not? Message to IAF, who undertook the attack.

Why not? Message to IAF, who undertook the attack.

That would been a casus belli for a full scale war, Pakistan is not no position to fight a war. Not to mention I assume an Airbase would been defended by short/long range SAM sites. Feels like a suicide mission to me.

I doubt they missed.

I have my theory which seems quite plausible.

IAF hit the targets. Message sent and received.

PAF released the weapons at the points they wanted, message sent (to the larger audience in their home) and received.

Now both sides are grandstanding to the public while giving PM IK Niazi time to walk the talk. And the present situation will continue to ensure Pakistan does undertake the steps it has promised to. Otherwise, escalation is with India now.

No. The present situation will turn once the election is over. Once the monkey is off the back then they can go ahead and do whatever they want without worrying about political consequences.

Reactions: Star Wars
Counter, by not closing it's airspace, what has India achieved, in your opinion, with a PAF retaliation?
Limit of escalation. By not closing airspace limited the points at which PAF could have engaged IAF to near LoC. WC Varthman's initiative was not in equation and the planners never anticipated an Air to Air combat involving loss of a plane. It was weird because our planners tried to balance a strike with limiting the escalation. It didn't go as planned... Conflict never does anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.