Status
Not open for further replies.
jokes apart, your establishment is digging itself deeper into a very bad hole. Forget the possibility that your F 16 was shot down. If it is proven that an F 16 and not JF 17 shot down the Mig 21- the pilots that you are now parading as the shooters of the Mig, the disgrace they have to go through....I don't think any uniformed officer deserves that fate.
There is no such thing as perfect strategy. There are always pros and cons

Reactions: Hellfire
There is no such thing as perfect strategy. There are always pros and cons

What Pros and COns, I no doubts the Pilots never asked to be displayed and credited like this? These are brave men who risked their lives for the operation and showed high levels of professionalism. To make them a pawn of such a shoddy game, put their honor on the line. It shows how little respect your establishment has for their officers. I have no doubts that they wanted none of it. You just thrust this on them and they didn't deserve it. Your people could have just said 'it's classified who shot the bison'.

AMRAAM toh fail ho gaya. Ab chini maal chlayengay yeh log. I read the reports that China has suplied AAMs on urgent basis to PAF.
They fired 4-5 of them, AMRAAM cost over 3 million per missile, they spent around 10-15 million USD to get Mig 21 that we would have retired anyhow in next 2 years.

Not just collosal monetary loss they also are not sure anymore of their frontline weapon and will need to park those F16 again in third country like in every previous war.

Were Did u get this from ???

Forget notam check flightradar
Without NOTAM civil airlines are free to go in that area, they are avoiding it for caution doesn't mean we have our airspace at lockdown.

• Informative
Reactions: phndrt and NKVD
https://www.livefistdefence.com/201...adio-call-before-he-fired-f-16-kill-shot.html

An interesting article from Shiv Aroor.

As the stand-off strikes took place, an air-to-air battle commenced with the two Indian Su-30s reporting (in their debrief) repeated radar locks from what they say were Pakistani F-16s beyond visual range, and manoeuvering in the air to turn ‘cold’ on the weapon locks. IAF sources indicated to Livefist that the said F-16s were looking specifically to shoot down a Su-30 — something that would have been a major loss for the IAF. The Su-30s (and later, three of the MiG-21s) are said to have flown patterns to remain ‘kinematically safe’ against the repeated AMRAAM locks even as the distance between the Indian and Pakistani jets loosely closed over the Line of Control. The hot-cold radar lock sequence continued for several minutes, with the said PAF F-16s repeatedly attempting to sustain locks on the Su-30 MKIs long enough for meaningful shots. Sources say the three AMRAAMs were launched in DMAX-1, the dynamic attack zone where the missile is unleashed at the limits of its range. On all three occasions, the Su-30s used countermeasures to dodge the incoming weapons.

While the other jets, including the Mirage 2000s also recorded locks on them from the said F-16s, Wing Commander Abhinandan’s MiG-21 out front was also ‘hot’ on an AMRAAM. However, he was now fully within visual range of an F-16 that was turning away to speed back towards Pakistan-occupied Kashmir. Livefist has been given to understand that Wing Commander responded to two warnings from radar controllers to turn back (since he was minutes from crossing into hostile airspace) with radar calls saying he had an aircraft in visual range and was attempting a manual close combat lock. Moments later, with his lock confirmed, he gave a final call saying he had the lock tone, before launching a single Vympel R-73 heat seeking missile. The pilot would later record in a debriefing that he saw his missile hit the retreating F-16 in the port rear section and that it was brought down. Moments later, as Wing Commander Abhinandan initiated evasive maneouvers to defeat the incoming AMRAAM, the missile struck his MiG-21, forcing the pilot to punch out.

The R-73 fired by Wing Commander Abhinandan was the only Indian weapon launched during the aerial engagement, leading the Indian Air Force to officially attribute the F-16 kill to him. None of the other jets launched weapons — IAF sources suggest this was owing to a lack of target solutions at beyond visual range, though this will be the subject of investigation. It is also likely that rules of engagement had been modified, though the IAF has refused to confirm or deny. Several such questions remain unanswered at this time, including just why even a large package of fighters were able to test the ‘air superiority’ capabilities of the Su-30 MKI, the flagship of the Indian Air Force.

--------------------------------------
@vstol Jockey @Falcon
1) What does going cold in an event of radar lock mean? do the pilots move away or angle such that it is difficult for the radars to get a lock-on?

2) It is unbelievable or rather untrue that we do not have BVR target solutions. The sukhois as well as Mig 21s carry BVR R27/R77s.

Last edited:
D1Etij7U8AAA_kN.jpeg

Now I remember a particular post of Parikrama about deal between US and India for Nuclear Blackmail but I think that was linked with F16 purchase which didn't go thru. Are you indicating same?

I'm indicating the same, with the addition of Israelis. F-16 purchase may have helped bring it about sooner I don't know, but ultimately this was in everyone's interest anyways.

Reactions: BlackOpsIndia
I'm indicating the same, with the addition of Israelis. F-16 purchase may have helped bring it about sooner I don't know, but ultimately this was in everyone's interest anyways.
@nair is it possible for Parikrama to be back? It's been long time, people are missing his inputs here, unless he is in jail for official secrets act :ROFLMAO:

We lost media war due to the cheats within. We need a better media center than ISPR as they are the masters of this game. AND given our ability, we can out smart them anyday.
At first it did looked like we lost the media war, but after giving some early statements ISPR had gone silent. Now the pak media & defense are in shame and embarrassment about the pilot they have lost.

I think our govt admin & MoD did professional job by not coming in public too often and making mistakes like ISPR did with their news regarding 3 pilots captured and then remain silent till eternity. And they finally hit on their own feet by officially releasing video WG Abhi's video, that actually was portrayed by the whole world as "Propaganda video", instead of "Peace Gesture".

On the Pakistan-Iran Gas Pipeline Project, the officials informed the prime minister that progress on IP project could not be made because of the US sanctions imposed on Iran.
and they say we are US's stooge. Pak cannot go against US sanctions.

Status
Not open for further replies.