Status
Not open for further replies.
1551971203744.png
and the standoff continues.

PAF is known to fly trail formations and extended trail formations This gives a bit of leeway against snap attacks as the person trying to target any of the aircraft can be easily sandwiched. But it also has its drawbacks as it happened in 1985 or so when one of the F-16 pilots shots down his own leader in Afghan war while trying to shoot down a USSR Su-25. It appears to me that on 27th, PAF was flying a three aircraft formation with third member in extended trail while the no-2 was with the leader. IAF was probably doing mixed fleet flying in which we embed Mig-21s with Su-30s. When Wg. Cdr. Abhi bounced on the leader of the formation or the lead aircraft, the aircraft flying in trail formation was able to distinguish him and launch AMRRAM. As per REPORTS, our guy fired the missile with 60* offbore to ensure a high kill probability in LOBL mode. But this 60* offbore also showed him up as a separate target for the PAF guy in trail who was able to clearly distinguish him, lock on and launch AMRAAM. had Wg. Cdr. Abhi fired a salvo in LOAL mode and used his Sura sight, result would have been different plus he would have time to give a headon cross to the missile fired at him. AMRAAM has a problem when the RCS reduces and the aircraft is coming headon to it. It is unable to maneuvre to intercept.
IAF normally flies line abrest and card formations which do allow us a better overall battle picture but we also have a far deadlier formation called Corridor Formation. No one can ever challenge this formation and anyone who even tries to intercept any aircraft in such a formation will be shot down. However this is flown for effect and needs over 40 aircraft. We have always been taught as fighter pilots that if you spot an aircraft, look for the one which you have not bcoz its the one which you have not spotted, will shoot you down. I am still confused about the wingman of our guy. Where was he and what did he do in the combat. It was his responsibility to keep the tail clear of his leader and attack the the guy trying to attack his leader. The no-2 is supposed to scan the airspace away from the battle to look out for other enemy aircraft. In a formation, we work as a clock. we all have our areas of responsibility and specific actions to be done when someone announces contact with the enemy/bogie. In this case, three PAF aircraft came in, our guy got in between the lead aircraft and the trailing guy and got sandwiched. In a sandwich formation you always get such results. The lead attacker is shot down by the lead interceptor and the lead interceptor is shot down by the pilot flying as the third member in the sandwich.
Please see that it is my thoughts and opinion based on highly inaccurate media reports. I can be wrong absolutely.

AMRAAM toh fail ho gaya. Ab chini maal chlayengay yeh log. I read the reports that China has spplied AAMs on urgent basis to PAF.
P-15 has range of 150 km it purely ment for J-20
Jf-17 KLJ has this Capability ????do they can attach a completely new missile in such short Period of time it takes years I guess

Indian Can Still field 5:1 Missile Ratio

Do Babur operationally deployed yet unlike brahmos ????
LOL.
Che your Brahmos inventory.
Total produced to this date are 488 for army and 200 for navy.

We have been manufacturing Babur and raad since 2005.
In 14 years the inventory is is substantial.
And 5:1? I can only laugh.

P-15 has range of 150 km it purely ment for J-20
Jf-17 KLJ has this Capability ????do they can attach a completely new missile in such short Period of time it takes years I guess
Where is the radar on JF-17 which has such a range to target an aircaft at the range of this missile? Unless they plan to use it in medium distance combat to increase the NEZ.
I can tell you, from now on, no PAF aircraft will ever intrude in our airspace contested by SU-30MKI. They will know that now we will go for blood and extract our pound of flash using BVRAAMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.