LCA Tejas Mk1 & Mk1A - News and discussions

Sir.

Let us analyze this write up.

False Argument 1: The Tejas is “late”. It has been under development for 32 years!
The figure is technically true, but deprives the narrative of much-needed context. The Tejas’ origins can indeed be traced back to 1983, when the concept of a Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) was conceived. However, the IAF did not finalise its air staff requirements (ASRs) until 1985 (and kept on requesting major changes throughout the design and development phase, but more on that later)

First fallacy.

The IAF fixed the ASQR and formalised it, handing over the QR to ADA-HAL and Project LCA in October 1985, the primary QR being of aircraft being ready for induction by 1993.

By 1993, 54 permanent waivers of critical nature were agreed to by IAF, thereby diluting the ASQR, in order to enable the aircraft to enter into IAF colors. Yet, the same was never achieved.

Since the very first post is based on twisting of facts, and facts remain a premium in the world of fake and planted news, need we even analyze further?

Let me continue. It is interesting to note, and here many should, in order to understand the criticism that the Project draws, that the author has tried to contend that IAF kept on revising it's QR.

Yes, indeed it did, by diluting it!

and initial funding did not come through until 1986. The project definition phase — the phase in which technical requirements are defined and a conceptual design prepared did not end until 1988. The final design was completed in 1990. Full funding was issued only in 1993, after which the development of a prototype commenced in earnest. Source.

And whose mistake was that? IAF's? In the meanwhile, IAF was expected to carry on with legacy aircrafts of Mig-21s manufactured in 60s and 70s with an airframe life slated for 25 years? Strange logic.

Let us recall that GTRE was confident of delivering a Kaveri by 1993.

Following several years of delay in the development process — delays that can at least partly be traced backto US sanctions on India following the 1998 nuclear tests — the Tejas had its first flight in 2001.

Interesting. And so, indigenous bogey is incorrect? A contradiction.

Remaining can be discussed later.

25587758_1609922129102229_1378077092431115192_o.jpg

SP-7 (LA-5007) taxing out for a routine production sortie.

#TEJAS #LCA #HAL #ADA #TejasOfficalArchive

Please provide source of this assumption ?

??

That is what they themselves said, in public; it was printed in the papers, if I recall. My organisation was hired by them to do a CAD-based analysis of the working design, in 1999, and it was the most horrible detailed design going. Putting it simply, at many points, interconnected rotating parts did not come into contact with each other.

??

That is what they themselves said, in public; it was printed in the papers, if I recall. My organisation was hired by them to do a CAD-based analysis of the working design, in 1999, and it was the most horrible detailed design going. Putting it simply, at many points, interconnected rotating parts did not come into contact with each other.
That's why I asked for the free reference rather than your company's reference.

Reactions: Kshithij Sharma
India launches $8 billion program for light combat aircraft

NEW DELHI – India formally launched a program Wednesday to buy a fleet of 83 single-engine fighters for about $8 billion.

The light combat aircraft, dubbed the LCA Mark-1A, will be produced by state-owned Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd on nomination. This is the largest Make in India defense program and the first effort to build fighters in the country without obtaining technology transfer from overseas, a Ministry of Defence official said.

The purchase of an adapted version of the LCA Mark-1 comes amid skepticism about a another effort to purchase of 105 Mark 2 versions of futuristic, homemade light-combat aircraft for $15 billion. Service officials and analysts have said that program lacks clarity.

HAL, also India’s sole fighter manufacturer was asked to submit commercial & technical offers by March 2018, and a formal contract is expected to be awarded after six months. Despite apprehensions from the Indian Air Force that the program has not attained full maturity and could face delays, MoD overruled the service, arguing that the LCA-Mark1A project will build a robust aerospace eco-system with greater participation of private defense companies, the ministry official added.

The LCA-Mark 1A program is a joint effort of HAL and the Aeronautical Development Agency under the state-owned Defence Research and Development Organisation to incorporate 43 improvements into the basic LCA version fighter, said a senior HAL executive.

“Once a formal contract is awarded the company will meet the target to produce the fighters in five years,” the executive added.

The LCA Mark-1 will have service-specific active electronically scanned array radar, or AESA; air-to-air refueling pods; self-protection jammers; and improved avionics and core systems. It will be “truly a fourth-generation fighter,” another HAL executive claimed, adding that the company has already carried out 27 modifications in the basic version to improve the maintenance performance of LCA Mark-1A.

Reactions: Aashish
That's why I asked for the free reference rather than your company's reference.

Dear Sir, it is a given for those of us who were there. We don't need to know; you do. Why should I - or anyone else - bother? Go do your own homework!

Reports are coming that Gun firing tests are postponed for now and delinked from FOC. Gun will be certified only with LCA Mk1A. WTF :mad:

Any change in entire location of Gun pod like Vstol suggested ?
To gain additional hard point.

Reactions: Kane
Any change in entire location of Gun pod like Vstol suggested ?
To gain additional hard point.

I think the reason why the gun trails are delinked from FOC is due to the team being busy to accommodate the feedback from the IAF squadron on continuous basis, on priority.

Reactions: Sathya
His suggestion is for 2 meteors under the fuselage .
Not possible as the fuselage has one hardpoint for fuel tan and the sides are unlikely to be big enough to hold the 15 feet long meteor. Landing gear will come in the way. They are only good for pods and cannon