Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if I've mentioned this before. But every 4 wheeler driver in Gujarat carrries a tire iron or a lathi or a cosh. Every time he gets into a fracas, he draws out the weapon and proceeds to attempt to assault his opponent with it. Except, a large crowd assembles and separate the two warring parties before a blow is exchanged. However, in the interim plenty of abusive language and threats are exchanged.

This is standard staple of Surat. From the days of Shivaji, who mounted spectacular raids into Surat ( which was then held by the Mughals) , when asked, how did the Surtis ( ppl of Surat ) respond? We abused him too - is their retort.

You can check this behavior with any of the native Gujarati members here.

This is Modi's modus operandi. He will retaliate hard and stop there. There won't be any escalation. Just bluster and bluff. Like the Qatl ki Raat episode. In many ways he's pulling a Pakistan on Pakistan. Just as they used to threaten us with unleashing N weapons on our initiation of hostilities.

In a way there's a perverse logic in his plan too. He's interested in bettering the economy and other socio economic indicators. Not in being bogged down in an endless circle and cycle of retaliation with Pakistan.

You can check the veracity of my statements in the light of any similar outrage in the future.
Firstly, Pulwama needed a strong response and not a full fledged war. Our retaliation was commensurate with the provocation. And in the process we called off their nuke bluff and have told them that next time it will be even bigger. The onus is on Pakistan to either escalate or back off. Given their present economic status, they have very few choices or rather none. Just a three day border skirmish will set us back by say about USd3B, but what about Pakistan? Just taking out few electricity plants and few bridges will ruin them and make them bankrupt.

They are and we are giving them what they want instead of going for final kill.

There's a limit to what can be done short of war.

They have used this opportunity to strengthen their air defence with many more batteries at important sites. Next time we many not be lucky to go in and exit without damage however here in India it's business as usual.

Good for them. Let them spend more money that they don't have.

@vstol Jockey

@randomradio

I have a polite and Sincere Request

Please write in Some Detail for us
Uneducated "Warmongers" :ROFLMAO:

What all will A Strike at Sargodha Airbase involve and Require

Suppose instead of Balakot we have to destroy Sargodha , So how would we do it

Take your time but please do it

What will be the Weapons , Tactics , Technologies and Platforms that will go in this mission

Are you the " Baba "?

I think Su 30 launched bhramos missile and Spice bomb won't be considered at same level of escalation.
We have hit them by air even after Balakot and they have not retaliated. Why? What has prevented them from doing this? Does it have anything to do with 27th Feb?
@BlackOpsIndia, If we failed to strike any target on 26th and did not cause any deaths, then please explain 27th feb. AND also the 5 am tweet by Gafoora.

LOC has become Hot again

We have 2 casualties , IA is retaliating

I really wish Modi does not Fly over Pakistan
He will.

I dont know what is the issue with flying over? They can't really stop us or we can't stop them anyway unless we are in a state of war.

Any country's delegation flights or Red Cross registered flights have to be allowed over any air route as long as they have given 3 days of prior notification and the country is not in state of war. It's part of the UN charter.

Airspace was open during 1971 1999 wars. Why do you think flights were allowed during Berlin Airlift?

Pakistan will just sleep over the request till we agree for meeting with Imran. It will be better if Modi flies over tibet for the meeting thru Chinese airspace.

Pakistan seems to be overly keen in the last 2 weeks for "talks". Mutiple ministers including Imran Khan are literally begging for talks

Firstly, Pulwama needed a strong response and not a full fledged war. Our retaliation was commensurate with the provocation. And in the process we called off their nuke bluff and have told them that next time it will be even bigger. The onus is on Pakistan to either escalate or back off. Given their present economic status, they have very few choices or rather none. Just a three day border skirmish will set us back by say about USd3B, but what about Pakistan? Just taking out few electricity plants and few bridges will ruin them and make them bankrupt.
That's precisely my point. He's not going to be Pre emptive. He's not going on a limb fostering insurgencies in KPK, Balochistan , etc. He's not interested in recapturing PoK ( period) . All he's done is retaliate in kind without being disproportionate and neither being interested in escalation.

It depends on the range and lethality of the weapon you are planning to use.

One: Use Brahmos. The range is enough that it will comfortably hit any part of Sargodha when fired from well within our borders. And the Pakistanis have no means of intercepting it. SCALP is also coming up.

Two: If you have missiles and glide bombs with ranges of 150Km, then you can do what the IAF did during Balakot. Penetrate the airspace a bit and drop glide bombs/missiles with longer range than the SPICE. The missiles and bombs can be intercepted, but it's very difficult. Their air defence does not have the capability to intercept such small targets yet. KH-59 and NSM come to mind.

Three: If you want to hit the base with regular bombs, or even SPICE, then you basically need a full scale war, decimate PAF in the air and then proceed to hit them on ground.

If possible, we should upgrade our Nirbhaya similar to SCALP or Turkish SOM as a standoff missile.

That's precisely my point. He's not going to be Pre emptive. He's not going on a limb fostering insurgencies in KPK, Balochistan , etc. He's not interested in recapturing PoK ( period) . All he's done is retaliate in kind without being disproportionate and neither being interested in escalation.
I disagree. It is his response which is far removed from what Congress and UPA did, which has caused rebellion in various states of Pakistan. It is his actions which are initiating this implosion within Pakistan. Please consider what used to happen earlier in Pakistan and what is happening now?
What we are seeing is a prelude to 1971. Cause fissuers, people rebelling against the govt and India moves in with overwhelming local support a la Mukti Bahini.

• Agree
Reactions: Golden_Rule
If possible, we should upgrade our Nirbhaya similar to SCALP or Turkish SOM as a standoff missile.

That can't be done with Nirbhay. We need to design a whole new missiles from scratch.

In the meantime, we will be buying the medium range NSM (MH-60) and the long range SCALP (Rafale).

Reactions: STEPHEN COHEN
I disagree. It is his response which is far removed from what Congress and UPA did, which has caused rebellion in various states of Pakistan. It is his actions which are initiating this implosion within Pakistan. Please consider what used to happen earlier in Pakistan and what is happening now?
What we are seeing is a prelude to 1971. Cause fissuers, people rebelling against the govt and India moves in with overwhelming local support a la Mukti Bahini.
Sir, may I ask how do you view the incident on 27th Feb, where internal assessments of the IAF have categorically stated that the PAF intended to target the IA brigade HQ if not the IAF base at Srinagar? What was our response? And pls do not rake up the Wing Co Abhinandan episode or the fact that the PAF could not achieve their mission nor could they target the Su 30 MKI in spite of taking pot shots at it or even the IN converging in strength in the Arabian Sea outside Karachi as justification of our not responding in kind.

I think all the members here have been over this issue several times. It's time we laid it to rest.

If I can send a message across to Babaji, I will want Indian Army to announce that they will not target BOPs occupied by Sindhi and Pashtun soldiers as long as they do not help PA push in terrorists. This will create more divisions in PA. The news about Zardari being taken to prison is the best news for India.
Bhuttos are Bhati Rajputs. Their origin is from Bhatinda. In Sindh they are called Bhutto after converting to Islam. Zardari too is a converted Rajput. Nawaz is in prison and now a Sindhi bigwig is also in Prison. JAI HO.

That can't be done with Nirbhay. We need to design a whole new missiles from scratch.

In the meantime, we will be buying the medium range NSM (MH-60) and the long range SCALP (Rafale).

What I am expecting to get the functionality similar to Turkish SOM standoff weapon without the change in shape in AIr lunched Nirbhaya.

What I am expecting to get the functionality similar to Turkish SOM standoff weapon without the change in shape in AIr lunched Nirbhaya.

You mean a Nirbhay with an IR seeker? That can be done, but it's better to do that with a stealthy airframe instead. Nirbhay will instead get an active seeker.

Reactions: TARGET
Status
Not open for further replies.