How does Chinese flankers fare against our Su-30 MKI ?

randomradio

Nov 30, 2017
India
Do we have Derby ER now with MKI or confirmation of integration on LCAs?
No confirmation yet. LCA's integration won't take time, since Derby is already integrated with it, so ER integration and flight testing won't take long.

Spice seems to have completed integration, or in the process of, with MKI. A BVR missile will take much longer than that. Hopefully it's been expedited.

rockstarIN

Dec 26, 2017
india
No confirmation yet. LCA's integration won't take time, since Derby is already integrated with it, so ER integration and flight testing won't take long.

Spice seems to have completed integration, or in the process of, with MKI. A BVR missile will take much longer than that. Hopefully it's been expedited.
Is there any confirmation that we 'bought' Derby ER in numbers? like SIPRI

Reactions: Aurora

Cole_phelps

Jun 19, 2019
India
You forgot the J-10C, it also has AESA, comes with a long range missile and being introduced in pretty large numbers, at least 40-60 per year. Plus it has a much smaller RCS than our Flanker.

Also, the Chinese claim their AESA radar is superior to the Su-35's Irbis-E. Empty claim or not, we don't know, but the benefit of the doubt can be given to them.
How do you see Chinese AESA and their PL series missile performing against ELTA8222?

Lolwa

Feb 6, 2020
Delhi
absolutely no source.
These weapons, as the chinese AESA radars, are not combat proven.
I's all marketing.
Yeah the sources are second hand. But they were comparing the j16 with their su35 and were claiming that there missiles and radar were superior to the su 35. That makes me think the reason they ordered the su 35 was that they could reverse engineer the al41 being used on the su 35 rather the no35 Irbis. They even said that the ecm on the j16 was superior to the su35. That makes me think that if we had to upgrade our su 30 it's better to use our own uttam to replace the bars instead of the Irbis. The only thing is all other Russian tech might not be compatible. Also the j10 defeated their flankers in their war exercises so maybe the biggest threat would be the j10c's. I usually take Chinese claims with a bucket load of salt but still you can't be complacent with the Chinese...

randomradio

Nov 30, 2017
India
Is there any confirmation that we 'bought' Derby ER in numbers? like SIPRI
No idea what the status is.
How do you see Chinese AESA and their PL series missile performing against ELTA8222?
There's no way to know. We will need decoys to defeat the missile rather than jamming.

To defeat the radar, it will require a lot of intelligence collection.