Status
Not open for further replies.
That is psy ops. Nothing much to read into it right now.

You might censure me for this, but on twitter there was some loose news of very heavy air activity last night along the border; 1) Is it true 2) Does it mean anything?

You might censure me for this, but on twitter there was some loose news of very heavy air activity last night along the border; 1) Is it true 2) Does it mean anything?
I too heard such whispers at 1:30am in night, I though I hear what's it about in morning, better sleep.. But surprisingly haven't heard anything yet. I am with you on this one @RATHORE, what did happen, or routine CAP

Or was it just Pak shivering with arrival of dreaded 15th April - that it got paranoia stuck, I have a feeling it was indeed Pak fear speaking, the kind, where someone jump at its own shadow.

Last edited:
Reactions: RATHORE

Pardon me for answering a question directed to the other person, but what does one mean by heavy air activity? Such activities take place every week. High alert or no high alert. They are doing sorties most of the time. We only re-frame it and call them heavy air activity. Tensions are there but things have de-escalated so nothing happening for now.

We are currently peddling diversions and deception to fool around with ISPR that's all, to create confusion among Pakistanis which is not working. You can't hide action at large scale. If IAF carries out strike across border, people will come to know. If skirmish happens, people will come to know, like Balakot strike and shooting down of F16 and later our pilot getting caught.

I am very sorry to ruin your excitement Chicken Sir but there will be no large skirmish any more due to international pressure. India has to do it covertly now. Which will take another year or two. India has to clean the Jai Chands first who are in our Politics, media, universtieis, and banks set up by ISI past 22 years.

Reactions: Paro
Pardon me for answering a question directed to the other person, but what does one mean by heavy air activity? Such activities take place every week. High alert or no high alert. They are doing sorties most of the time. We only re-frame it and call them heavy air activity. Tensions are there but things have de-escalated so nothing happening for now.

We are currently peddling diversions and deception to fool around with ISPR that's all, to create confusion among Pakistanis which is not working. You can't hide action at large scale. If IAF carries out strike across border, people will come to know. If skirmish happens, people will come to know, like Balakot strike and shooting down of F16 and later our pilot getting caught.

I am very sorry to ruin your excitement Chicken Sir but there will be no large skirmish any more due to international pressure. India has to do it covertly now. Which will take another year or two. India has to clean the Jai Chands first who are in our Politics, media, universtieis, and banks set up by ISI past 22 years.

No problem; what I mean is that the tweets weren't too specific, but they were suggesting activity beyond what is considered "routine" even in this situation - including large formations (the kind that are either used in a strike or used to confuse/misdirect enemy defenses before an actual strike). The tweets were low on explicit info but potentially loaded.

Chicken Sir

What's that supposed to mean?

No problem; what I mean is that the tweets weren't too specific, but they were suggesting activity beyond what is considered "routine" even in this situation - including large formations (the kind that are either used in a strike or used to confuse/misdirect enemy defenses before an actual strike). The tweets were low on explicit info but potentially loaded.

There will be formations build up in the skies patrolling close to the IB or LOC but there will be no action. The tweets are deception and psyop. Nothing beyond that.

Oh sorry, I thought I quoted Butter Chicken :p
A year or two? you are way off :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. No action until next elections in 2024.

No, there will be action when Pakistan strike us again. Till then we can go back to our daily chores.

Reactions: Paro and RATHORE

Air activity has been quite high since we have been training our air force on various aspects of warfare and also, the operations are ongoing and continuous.

Our air force remains "...committed to carry out all assigned tasks" at a moment's notice and remains poised to ".....further strengthen/expand our counter terror effort & demonstrate a firm resolve......" while maintaining a profile wherein it remains poised ".......to deny the supporters of terror any maneuverable space across all stratas of the battle space."

Not much to read into it, I guess? ;)

Air activity has been quite high since we have been training our air force on various aspects of warfare and also, the operations are ongoing and continuous.

Our air force remains "...committed to carry out all assigned tasks" at a moment's notice and remains poised to ".....further strengthen/expand our counter terror effort & demonstrate a firm resolve......" while maintaining a profile wherein it remains poised ".......to deny the supporters of terror any maneuverable space across all stratas of the battle space."

Not much to read into it, I guess? ;)
Even in peacetime, as fighter pilots, we are were required to maintain a state of preparedness to maintain a TOT-Time over Target of six hours. This is the kind of readiness level we maintain in fighter squadrons which are deployed deep in hinterland away from borders. The squadrons on frontline bases have to do this within five minutes. frontline bases are always on ORP-5. Operational readiness platform-5 minutes. In case of higher readiness level the frontline bases come down to ORP-2 and hinterland bases come down to two hours TOT with forward deployment to their operations locations.

@RATHORE

The air force remains weapons free with even the transport aircrafts being on ORPs. The availability of the aircrafts is surprisingly high. Meanwhile, if you have noticed, F-16s sortie rates have begun to fall. I wonder why!

Also, one needs to search for news from the Western Half of their country. Not all is quiet on the western front. The economics come into play over prolonged deployment. And we have yet to move infantry component of our I Strike Corps. It is only the armoured and mechanized which has moved yet. The infantry shall be moving soon, for their annual training. Imagine what a hammering their economy is taking.

One can only do so much militarily. Once economic aspects start biting, things change drastically. Meanwhile, Indian economy is still chugging along ... and should stay the course in all probability as RaGa may not be coming in.

People are scared of not voting - the fear of RaGa coming in by default is so high.

Overheard in a Service Officer's Mess:

"I am going to apply for 1 day casual leave on 25th to go and vote. Main kya muh dikhaunga agar RaGa aa gaya aur mujhe usey saulte marna padega!!!!"

This is the refrain common now ...

Even in peacetime, as fighter pilots, we are were required to maintain a state of preparedness to maintain a TOT-Time over Target of six hours. This is the kind of readiness level we maintain in fighter squadrons which are deployed deep in hinterland away from borders. The squadrons on frontline bases have to do this within five minutes. frontline bases are always on ORP-5. Operational readiness platform-5 minutes. In case of higher readiness level the frontline bases come down to ORP-2 and hinterland bases come down to two hours TOT with forward deployment to their operations locations.

Sir.

I was recently at an operational base. Even the workhorse transports are geared up .... CMDS readied and deployed on all transports too. And ORPs being maintained even in hinterland.

Not sure I can comment on what level but suffice to say, the IAF can put up a phenomenal number of platforms in air very quickly and very potently if the GoI gives a go ahead, in any kind of aircraft needed.

@RATHORE

The air force remains weapons free with even the transport aircrafts being on ORPs. The availability of the aircrafts is surprisingly high. Meanwhile, if you have noticed, F-16s sortie rates have begun to fall. I wonder why!

Also, one needs to search for news from the Western Half of their country. Not all is quiet on the western front. The economics come into play over prolonged deployment. And we have yet to move infantry component of our I Strike Corps. It is only the armoured and mechanized which has moved yet. The infantry shall be moving soon, for their annual training. Imagine what a hammering their economy is taking.

One can only do so much militarily. Once economic aspects start biting, things change drastically. Meanwhile, Indian economy is still chugging along ... and should stay the course in all probability as RaGa may not be coming in.

People are scared of not voting - the fear of RaGa coming in by default is so high.

"I am going to apply for 1 day casual leave on 25th to go and vote. Main kya muh dikhaunga agar RaGa aa gaya aur mujhe usey saulte marna padega!!!!"

Trust me Bro. Even I rue the day when I have to call him Mr. prime Minister.

• Agree
Reactions: Techy
Sir.

I was recently at an operational base. Even the workhorse transports are geared up .... CMDS readied and deployed on all transports too. And ORPs being maintained even in hinterland.

Not sure I can comment on what level but suffice to say, the IAF can put up a phenomenal number of platforms in air very quickly and very potently if the GoI gives a go ahead, in any kind of aircraft needed.
Yes they can do it now and so does IN and IA as we are now on very high alert. I stated about a situation from standstill to combat.

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-14 at 19.54.52.jpeg

Even these babies are on ORPs ;)

The availability of the aircrafts is surprisingly high.
Side-effects of Gagan Shakti ?
Meanwhile, if you have noticed, F-16s sortie rates have begun to fall. I wonder why!
You wonder eh..?:sneaky: and I wonder about that huge massive mega hyper oil deposits that was going to make them the next Saudi Arabia. Wonder is afterall the best we can do :whistle:
Also, one needs to search for news from the Western Half of their country. Not all is quiet on the western front.
@Butter Chicken has posted a lot about that region. Indeed all is not well.
Trust me Bro. Even I rue the day when I have to call him Mr. prime Minister.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Hellfire
@RATHORE

I have family members saying the exact same thing :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Few posts back I had written about spares availability and how it effects air operations. We have no problem about spares and thanks to Late Sh. Parrikar who forced Russia to improve the serviceability of SU-30MKIs and MIG-29Ks, our fleet wide availablelity is over 75% at present of all Russian equipment and same is the case with all western equipment. PAF is feeling the pains of launching F-16s as they did during Kargil war. Very soon even Mirage-3/5 and JF-17 will reach same level of reduced flying. We make RD-33 and also AL-31 in India. But PAF has to get the spares for the engines and other stuff of the aircraft from either Russia or China or USA. BUT to get spares, you have to put money on table first unless you are an economy as big as India and have FOREX reserves to give confidence to spares supplier about security of payment. Does Pakistan have this cushion? Someone sent me the real meaning of flag of Pakistan on whatsapp. The so called Chaand and Sitara is actually a begging bowl (Katora) with a dime being thrown into it. I went mad laughing. The creators of Pakistan knew what the nation will become and so they adopted a flag which was actually their future state and gave it Islamic Identity.

Few posts back I had written about spares availability and how it effects air operations. We have no problem about spares and thanks to Late Sh. Parrikar who forced Russia to improve the serviceability of SU-30MKIs and MIG-29Ks, our fleet wide availablelity is over 75% at present of all Russian equipment and same is the case with all western equipment. PAF is feeling the pains of launching F-16s as they did during Kargil war. Very soon even Mirage-3/5 and JF-17 will reach same level of reduced flying. We make RD-33 and also AL-31 in India. But PAF has to get the spares for the engines and other stuff of the aircraft from either Russia or China or USA. BUT to get spares, you have to put money on table first unless you are an economy as big as India and have FOREX reserves to give confidence to spares supplier about security of payment. Does Pakistan have this cushion? Someone sent me the real meaning of flag of Pakistan on whatsapp. The so called Chaand and Sitara is actually a begging bowl (Katora) with a dime being thrown into it. I went mad laughing. The creators of Pakistan knew what the nation will become and so they adopted a flag which was actually their future state and gave it Islamic Identity.
Sir it all feels good and Pakistan is under heavy financial pressure but when push come to shove they somehow survive as most nations will. Public was never really rich to begin with that they will feel lot of pain, beggar before beggar now.

As far as spares goes China will throw some just to see India bleed and will definitely help with money if Pakistan needs for war, they may not for investment but if few billions can hurt India too why not. They will be handicapped but if we are waiting for them to be completely paralyzed I doubt it will happen.

@Falcon sir when is Infantry going to move for exercise? Any fixed schedule?

Defence related queries are best answered by Falcon, vstol Jockey, Milspec, Austerlitz, R!ck, etc. You can consult @randomradio too. He's generous with his time and knowledge that way. But then you'd have to make sure to consult @Sancho too & then synthesize their posts knowing what to retain & discard.

If you've not understood this part, fear not, except @Ashwin to some extent, even we haven't quite mastered this art in spite of being inflicted by their views since quite some time.
@vstol Jockey @_Anonymous_ @BlackOpsIndia is this the new hardware from Israel every one was talking about ?

Elbit awarded $30m Asian guided mortar deal

Status
Not open for further replies.