Indian AESA Radar Developments

How many trms in elm2052? And uttam Mk1?

I don't remember maybe around 700+ I guess for mk1.
It's there in ADA interview, I also posted it somewhere.

Above tweet smaller/ lighter seems odd.
Indranil had given many infos regarding mk2 improvements over mk1.

Why even though radome diameter is reduced radar has higher TRM + reduces drag.
Radar circumference is closer to radome. Etc.

Somewhere reposition er also mentioned in tender.

A comparison between the UTTAM Mk1 vs. Mk2 AESA radars going by the info we have so far :

No. of TRMs: ~740 vs. ~1000
Type of antenna: Pincer microstrip patch antenna vs. Tapered Slot Array/Vivaldi Antenna
Semi-conductor: GaAs vs. GaN HEMT
Range: >100 km vs. >160 km for a target with 1 sq. m. RCS
Operating frequency: X band for both
Modes of operation: Same for both
Manufacturer: BEL vs. BEL/AMPL

The Mk2 will outperform the Mk1 in every metric while being dimensionally smaller than the Mk1. It will also outperform the Elta EL/M-2032. Photos we have of the UTTAM Mk2. from documents so far:
View attachment 22317
View attachment 22318
View attachment 22319
View attachment 22320

@Ankit Kumar

Everytime I read it, it amazes me.. Page 22

Reactions: Ankit Kumar
How good is that compared to say one in Strike Eagle (AN\APG 82 V2 i believe) in terms of Hardware and software.
The one on the f15 use GaAs and has around 1500 trm. Hardware quality-wise the mk 2 is ahead but I doubt our software is anywhere near that good. Plus the ones on ex can use their radar to do jamming similar to the f-35. The true comparison can only be done with the uttam variant that the sukhoi's will get.

Why HAl gets it? Astra Microwave or some other would have been better? This L1 bid process need a reviewing with capability as major contributing factor. Could even make 2 separate companies make the radar ie ToT to both and see which perform better? I read somewhere that Astra Microwave now make GaN based stuff.

Reactions: Sathya