Indian AESA Radar Developments

Yes 🙂 With current TRM count on Uttam radar ( 736 TRM ) ...if u scale it up for SU 30 with same packaging density....TRM count will be around 2246.
Better than J 16 numbers 🙂....which also show that our packaging technology is much more advance than chinese.
New version is having 992 TRM with same dimensions.

New version is having 992 TRM with same dimensions.

This is what I wanted to bring for discussion.. But considering the above posters are more informed than I am, I kept quiet.

Radar Antenna dia vs Nose cone dia vs Power availability.

Mk1A - radar dia kept low because of low power availability

Mk2 - radar dia is appropriate for nose cone dia with no power restrictions

Susu 30 - nose cone is big, 2 engine s available for power generation, but will we increase the power to the required levels from current bars level

Reactions: Chain Smoker
DRDO Photonic Radar concept with Photonic Transceivers and Photonics Distribution Network (PDN)

Fh8G7b_aAAA-rqm.jpg

via Varun Karthikeyan on Twitter

DRDO Photonic Radar concept with Photonic Transceivers and Photonics Distribution Network (PDN)

View attachment 25290

via Varun Karthikeyan on Twitter
Using lasers for analysis instead of traditional RF technique can exponentially increase resolution & long range detection of current Radar, in some lab test they have manage to resolve up to 0.001 mt²

Found some radar related reference in the previous Q2 meet which I post below, mixed of uttam, ship borne radar, SDR etc, all from August meet.

radarastra1.png

radarastr3.png

radarastr5.png

radarastr7.png

There are 2-3 screenshots I did not add here that hint on some ongoing project so might be sensitive. Can show in pm if really want.

Last edited:
Contract for installation and commissioning of nine Precision Approach Radars concludes between MoD and M/s. Data Patterns (India) Ltd.

A contract for installation and commissioning of nine Precision Approach Radars (PARs) was concluded on 26th August 2019 between Ministry of Defence and M/s. Data Patterns (India) Ltd under 'Buy Indian' category. The state-of-the-art radars incorporating latest Phased Array technology will be installed at Indian Naval Air Stations and Indian Air Force Stations. The installation of these radars will enhance the Flight Safety at the terminal stages of aircraft landing at the airfields.

DP-RDR-8044 is an X-band RADAR designed to provide guidance for landing aircraft from approach distance to touch down point. The precision approach RADAR is developed based on phased array technology with electronic beam steering capability. It provides the positional information of the aircrafts in terms of range and deviation from the desired glide angle path. It utilizes an active electronic scanning antenna in the azimuth and elevation axis. It can be operated either independently or as a part of Ground Control Approach System (GCA), which can include a surveillance RADAR. This approach is useful in critical situations like, safe recovery of fighter aircraft especially in bad weather conditions. This RADAR system provides modern Airborne Moving Target Indication (AMTI) processing of RADAR data which is displayed on LCD monitor with touch screen facility. Extensive diagnostics are carried out based on built-in feature called Built In Test Equipment (BITE). It incorporates self test features and is able to identify the faults up to the LRU level. RADAR is designed for round-the-clock operation, its structure is modular and equipped with complete redundancy. .

Reactions: Fatalis
Muh! indigenous my a**...look like middleman pvt sector made good 💰 for all the crooks from brave Military top brass to Politician's 😜

T-CZ even mentioned it officially that they sold those to Data patterns 🤣

View attachment 25549
And govt is very serious in promoting these frauds under various schemes, anyway after kalyani m4 orders very wrong precedent has already been set now expect lot of foreign maal being rebranded as indigenous.

Atmanirbharta has been turned into screwdrivegiri.

And govt is very serious in promoting these frauds under various schemes, anyway after kalyani m4 orders very wrong precedent has already been set now expect lot of foreign maal being rebranded as indigenous.

Atmanirbharta has been turned into screwdrivegiri.
But this is not good for us in long term.

Reactions: Chain Smoker
This is just downright tragic!
@randomradio
Did DRDO also does this kind of things and call it indegenous built?

No. DRDO's designs are all as Indian as possible. But they do rely on foreign components and subsystems.

Private sector companies bend the rules any way they want, but it's fine as long as they end up controlling some or all of the IP.