Sukhoi Su-30MKI

Su-30 upgrade matter per AMPL

1708268419015.png

Reactions: Rajput Lion
^^ The article forgot to mention IRST(just by looking at headlines). New dual-band IRST with TV camera and LRF is going to be one of the most vital part of MKI upgrade, as it would allow it to engage VLO targets in a high jamming/radar denied environment.

Reactions: YoungWolf
The painting is Garuda, isn’t it?

Just the Indian flag painted in the form of a bird.
^^ The article forgot to mention IRST(just by looking at headlines). New dual-band IRST with TV camera and LRF is going to be one of the most vital part of MKI upgrade, as it would allow it to engage VLO targets in a high jamming/radar denied environment.

Mentioned.
Besides, the fighters are to get new indigenous Infra Red Search and Track systems that will greatly enhance the ability to engage air-to-air and air-to-ground targets.

Alpha Defense is saying those same things I've saying here for past couple of years @marich01 :

MKI's RCS is going to "significantly" reduce once we go through the aforementioned(in video) process. Maybe our new GaN EW suite/pods are also able to achieve "Active Cancellation" aka Active Stealth. Though am not too sure about its efficacy against modern AESA radars.

Can't we use the normal car cooler radiator like in BMW and Maruti Suzuki to cool radars, it's some what similar?
The kerosene used by our house hold till few years back & aviation fuel are same, but we cannot use directly use the household kerosene in aircraft because of lower temperature at high altitude. So kerosene used in jet are highly purified with almost zero water content & added some additives to lower its freezing point.

I think lower temperature may be the reason for not using regular water based coolent due to freezing & threat of caching fire may be the reason for not using ethanol/methonol based coolent.

Reactions: Rajput Lion
Vapour cooling cycle is the usual one used in aesa radars ? @randomradio
The Rafale uses a special liquid to cool the Radar and SPECTRA: Coolanol.

Mobil COOLANOL™ silicate ester synthetic dielectric heat transfer fluids are designed to meet the special needs of sensitive electronic components and environmental control systems in aircraft, missiles and spacecraft.

The kerosene used by our house hold till few years back & aviation fuel are same, but we cannot use directly use the household kerosene in aircraft because of lower temperature at high altitude. So kerosene used in jet are highly purified with almost zero water content & added some additives to lower its freezing point.

I think lower temperature may be the reason for not using regular water based coolent due to freezing & threat of caching fire may be the reason for not using ethanol/methonol based coolent

There are heaters in aircraft fuel tanks walls. We can use antifreeze coolants, maximum 12 volt battery would be sufficient to keep the radar cool, should try with BMW radiator.

No nothing, dc maws probably BEL making one might be for heli borne , or I am mixing up.
AFAIK, one variant of DC-MAWS is going to be used on LCA Prachand. That is confirmed. But no news regarding the same in MKI UPG. does surprise me! If we can integrate this inside the fuselage would be such a great news.

Reactions: marich01
In an 8 November 2023 release, L3 Harris stated that the testing included continuously exposing Viper Shield with APG-83 energy for more than 12 hours to test whether the radar pulses would interfere with EW functionality. According to L3Harris the test proved Viper Shield’s ability to filter out signal processing streams from the APG-83 AESA radar pulses without any performance compromise.

Are we developing similar systems for MKI UPG and LCA Mk2, where we integrate active modes of radar with active modes of ew suite? @marich01

Are we developing similar systems for MKI UPG and LCA Mk2, where we integrate active modes of radar with active modes of ew suite? @marich01
Since we're going to use GaN tech for both EW suite and radar, it could very well be possible to use such synchronized action.

what I was saying some time ago, DRDO appointed committee is yet to select the full config along with the user group. Once that happens, the workshare will be finalised by HAL & then sub vendors will start work on that config. By config I mean the structural nature of the su30 specific uttam variant.

1717173033369.png

1717173059376.png