Votes: 1 0.4%
  • F-18 SH

Votes: 10 4.4%
  • F-15EX

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • Mig-35

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I thought all the Mk1As were to be 2052 due to some problem with power management.

If something has changed recently, then I've been living under a rock. The last I heard, it's 1 squadron 2052, 3 squadrons Uttam.

HAL is also offering Uttam Mk1 for export at this time, in Malaysia and Argentina, which will make LCA uncompetitive without IAF involvement.

In any case, unless the news is official, don't believe it. There seems to be a flurry of anti-indigenous media reports from some lobbies because of MRFA. We will eventually see some heavy-duty anti-HAL news over the course of the year once MRFA begins.

If something has changed recently, then I've been living under a rock. The last I heard, it's 1 squadron 2052, 3 squadrons Uttam.

HAL is also offering Uttam Mk1 for export at this time, in Malaysia and Argentina, which will make LCA uncompetitive without IAF involvement.

In any case, unless the news is official, don't believe it. There seems to be a flurry of anti-indigenous media reports from some lobbies because of MRFA. We will eventually see some heavy-duty anti-HAL news over the course of the year once MRFA begins.

ok, i think there is some confusion. Dr Madhusudhan Rao in an interview with DDR, said the Uttam radar of Mk2 cannot be fit into the Mk1A even though Mk2 Uttam is smaller in size, due to power restrictions. So I guess, they are 2 different versions of Uttam.

For reference, from 10:30.

A certain number of 2052 were to be imported. They will go on Mk1A. Rest were supposed to be assembled. If a tender for that isn't released then voila, else...

Reactions: Sathya
Speaking from the point of view of non-Indians, American-made fighters like the F-15EX are not a good choice for Indians. If such a choice is made, the Indian Air Force will have to operate foreign flagship fighters made by three different countries in the future. This is exciting for military fans, but it is catastrophic in terms of fighter maintenance and logistics supply system. The INF should not diversify the supply line for overseas fighters any more than the current level. For the same reason, the ROK Air Force does not operate any foreign fighters other than domestic and US-made fighters. It should also be carefully considered whether the US can provide India with the same long-range air-to-air armaments and electronic warfare products as its own air fighters (AIM120D at this time, JATM in the future). These armament options are also missing from the list of F-15INs recently proposed by the United States to Indonesia. If the US can't fully provide these options, it means nothing to India. The Air Force is wise to either keep the status quo or further reduce the number of foreign fighters.
Recently, there seems to be a conflict with Egypt over the same F-15 supply problem.
https://www.tacticalreport.com/news/article/59707-egypt-concerns-over-the-f-15-deal

Last edited:
ok, i think there is some confusion. Dr Madhusudhan Rao in an interview with DDR, said the Uttam radar of Mk2 cannot be fit into the Mk1A even though Mk2 Uttam is smaller in size, due to power restrictions. So I guess, they are 2 different versions of Uttam.

For reference, from 10:30.

Yeah, so what he said has no relation to 2052.

Speaking from the point of view of non-Indians, American-made fighters like the F-15EX are not a good choice for Indians. If such a choice is made, the Indian Air Force will have to operate foreign flagship fighters made by three different countries in the future. This is exciting for military fans, but it is catastrophic in terms of fighter maintenance and logistics supply system. The INF should not diversify the supply line for overseas fighters any more than the current level. For the same reason, the ROK Air Force does not operate any foreign fighters other than domestic and US-made fighters. It should also be carefully considered whether the US can provide India with the same long-range air-to-air armaments and electronic warfare products as its own air fighters (AIM120D at this time, JATM in the future). These armament options are also missing from the list of F-15INs recently proposed by the United States to Indonesia. If the US can't fully provide these options, it means nothing to India. The Air Force is wise to either keep the status quo or further reduce the number of foreign fighters.
Recently, there seems to be a conflict with Egypt over the same F-15 supply problem.
https://www.tacticalreport.com/news/article/59707-egypt-concerns-over-the-f-15-deal

Specifically in this case, the F-15EX and even the SH and F-21 are a waste of time. None of them compare to the Rafale, so they won't even get shortlisted.

But buying American makes sense in specific circumstances, particularly when it involves fighting China together. In the Himalayas, the Americans won't be of any help, so we will need to buy what makes more sense for Indian forces.

"However, several Indian media are now moving towards a French victory within the framework of the MMRCA 2.0 program aimed at providing one hundred and fourteen fighters to the Indian Air Force ."

Nothing concrete, saying Indian media. Well their are media houses supporting Eurofighter, some with Gripen , some F21.

Nothing concrete, nothing new, nothing worth discussing.

• Agree
Reactions: Amarante
F15EX will be a better choice than super sukhoi, its new airframe. It will pave the way for us in to advanced USAF weaponry & probably future US gen 6 aircraft.
People may not agree with me, but truth to be spoken, we may never catch up with USA when comes to aviation engineering, access to US advanced weapon is our only triumph card against Chinese. I want IAF to go for F15EX as a replacement of MKI platforms we inducted earlier.
IAF has so many Su30 that it's just impossible to imagine scratching it all for a full F15EX fleet !
India don't want to be align with US... Another reason why not purchasing too many US weapons.

Before becoming self reliant, India will share its weapons purchases between Russia (India is and will remain a friend of Russia), USA and Europe (specially France).

IAF has so many Su30 that it's just impossible to imagine scratching it all for a full F15EX fleet !
India don't want to be align with US... Another reason why not purchasing too many US weapons.

Before becoming self reliant, India will share its weapons purchases between Russia (India is and will remain a friend of Russia), USA and Europe (specially France).
Not asking for scrapping entire fleet,IAF is not interested in upgradation of entire mki fleet, first few batches will definitely gonna retire without super Sukhoi upgradation. We need to fill that heavy category void.
And not aligning with US is stupid decision by goi, may be as stupid as the decision taken VK Krishna Menon for not purchasing machine guns from Europe before before 62 incident.

May be sarcasm,but possible if we managed to delay further.
It will take time to have a KF21 able to fight ! 5 years is a minimum.
Since it will be an aero show bird, nothing more, as Rafale A was.
And not aligning with US is stupid decision by goi
It's not tha quality of the US bird that is the problem, for sure.
It is the "double key" with wich they are delivered. As UAE and Egypt how they are free to use their F16...

• Agree
Reactions: Amarante
1655448130402.png

It will take time to have a KF21 able to fight ! 5 years is a minimum.
Since it will be an aero show bird, nothing more, as Rafale A was.

The KF-21 has a very aggressive schedule. If they stick to it, then they are expecting 40 jets to be operational by 2028.

It has no impact on MRFA, but it can become a future threat to the Rafale in SE Asia.

The KF-21 has a very aggressive schedule. If they stick to it, then they are expecting 40 jets to be operational by 2028.

It has no impact on MRFA, but it can become a future threat to the Rafale in SE Asia.
40 jets in 2028 ? Why not, in a early block, with limited capacity as Rafale F1 was in its time.

40 jets in 2028 ? Why not, in a early block, with limited capacity as Rafale F1 was in its time.

I have no idea. They plan to deliver 20 jets a year right from the beginning. Production start in 2026, first squadron in 2027, second in 2028. 120 jets total by 2032.