Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning and F-22 'Raptor' : News & Discussion

The pilot’s experience is “supported by emerging research” on the F-35A’s systems that “there appears to be a physiological toll taken on a pilot’s cognitive capacities as a result of breathing through the on-demand oxygen system,” the report said. The pilot reported that on a scale of one to ten, his cognitive degradation was “four out of ten on a routine basis.”

The F-35 makes you stupid!

But we knew that, because intelligent people would not buy such a piece of crap. Lockheed Martin developed a stupidizer to lower people's intellectual capabilities so that they accept to buy the aircraft and think it was a good deal.

The F-35 makes you stupid!

But we knew that, because intelligent people would not buy such a piece of crap. Lockheed Martin developed a stupidizer to lower people's intellectual capabilities so that they accept to buy the aircraft and think it was a good deal.
The Tempest is committed to something on similar lines.

Post in thread 'British/Italian Tempest Fighter : News and Discussion' British/Italian Tempest Fighter : News and Discussion

@BMD

One again, a deadline is pushed back three months.

Questions about canceling the project are coming back, too, even if the Pentagon says it is not planned.

The biggest problem for the F-35 is it can't fly enough over the SCS and ECS on its own fuel. The Americans need a brand new 1000NM fighter for their new front.

Reactions: Chain Smoker
Oh my god, it's even worse than I thought! From the crash report:

MP attempted to reestablish a landing attitude after touch down. The aircraft landing lasted approximately five seconds before the MP elected to eject. Upon touch down the MP initially attempted to dampen the rapid rise of the nose produced by the first bounce. The MP’s initial reaction was consistent with attempting to recover from a bounce and set a landing attitude.However, the MP’s stick inputs quickly fell out of synch with the aircraft pitch oscillations and control cycles initiated by the weight on wheels. This resulted in multiple conflicting flight control inputs. In the presence of large and aggressive stick inputs the flight control system, based on its Control Law (CLAW) logic, became saturated and unresponsive, and ultimately biased the flight control surfaces toward nose down.​

Yes, the aircraft that has been much hyped as being a flying superdupercomputer able to process eleventy gadzillions of teraflops per femtosecond, got saturated by stick input and became unresponsive. I want everyone to fully understand what this means: the flight control system is not capable of reacting in real-time, it can be saturated and when that happens becomes unresponsive. During the most critical times in an F-35's operation, when for a reason or another stick input change rapidly, the aircraft just stops responding.

It's incredible. It's really incredible how shoddy this thing is. It's astounding.

In the presence of large and aggressive stick inputs
On landing? Sounds like the guy can't fly for shit. Even the average DCS player knows not to do that. Basically the guy crash landed and you're blaming the plane for not being uncrashable? Do you know of any driver-based car that's uncrashable? And yet you expect a plane to be.

Sorry but there's no such thing as an _Anonymous_ proof plane.

You ought to be committed... on similar lines.
Well, if the development path of the Tempest & it's subsequent operations would turn out to be anything like it's name, you're in for a lot of fun. I'm not even bringing up the F-35 here.

Well, if the development path of the Tempest & it's subsequent operations would turn out to be anything like it's name, you're in for a lot of fun. I'm not even bringing up the F-35 here.
You're not really bringing up anything, just babbling as per usual.

• Haha
Reactions: _Anonymous_