Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning and F-22 'Raptor' : News & Discussion

After a reduced fly away cost, yankees should pitch f35A fir mmrca2. If they really wants to enter in to Indian defense market with a strategic partnership.

After a reduced fly away cost, yankees should pitch f35A fir mmrca2. If they really wants to enter in to Indian defense market with a strategic partnership.
Lol why would they sell us their state of the art tech. We don't reciprocate American overtures and then you expect them to dance on your tunes. When they ignore you , you guys will cry
_"Muh America can't be trusted reeee"_. In the end our incompetent MoD and MEA will buy Russian junk and pat each other for maintaining India's non-existent strategic autonomy.
Let's first buy either the fa 18 or f 15 ex then we can think of getting some kind of production of the f35.

Lol why would they sell us their state of the art tech. We don't reciprocate American overtures and then you expect them to dance on your tunes. When they ignore you , you guys will cry
_"Muh America can't be trusted reeee"_. In the end our incompetent MoD and MEA will buy Russian junk and pat each other for maintaining India's non-existent strategic autonomy..

We have bought S 400

USA might refuse F 35 sale to India

_"Muh America can't be trusted reeee"_. In the end our incompetent MoD and MEA will buy Russian junk and pat each other for maintaining India's non-existent strategic autonomy..
Totally agreed, we should have started strategic relationship with yankees longtime before.
We have bought S 400

I dont know how s400 gonna save us from aerial threat.

We have bought S 400

F 35 for the IAF is finished.
But for the IN it's still a case. The problem is f35 has too many clauses which gives them lot of say on how we use the planes. I would still like a small number of f35b and f35c's for the IN. IAF should focus on AMCA. Right now we shouldn't waste our time on tedbf.

We should indigenize our IA and IAF and Americanise our IN.

Reactions: Bon Plan
But for the IN it's still a case. The problem is f35 has too many clauses which gives them lot of say on how we use the planes. I would still like a small number of f35b and f35c's for the IN. IAF should focus on AMCA. Right now we shouldn't waste our time on tedbf.

We might buy Su 57 , 2 squadrons
Off the Shelf

Simply because AMCA will be delayed
As usual

Reactions: Rai Saahab
The whole F35 programme will face another challenges....
Like overall costs...
I dont know how s400 gonna save us from aerial threat.
at least it will help !

No f35s were on offer for IN too.

We might buy Su 57 , 2 squadrons
Off the Shelf

Simply because AMCA will be delayed
As usual
Su 57 is just a bad design. I would say it's worse than the j20. It's a 4++ aircraft let's be honest. We are better of buying rafale and f15EX. If we want to buy it to replace our mki's no problem but it's not a 5th gen aircrafts. It's 4.5 gen aircraft even with the stealth engine and cheek radars. Our amca will be superior provided we actually invest in it. If the RR f136 rumours are true we won't need the su57. We can buy it as a stop gap against the j20 but the j20 will surpass the su57 once the engine problem is fixed with the j20. Russians will effectively lose their tech lead in the next 5-10 years..

No f35s were on offer for IN too.
If LMT offered it, it would have been offered for both the IAF and IN. It just doesn't make sense. We are one of the few Naval AF's that have experience of vtol aircrafts. So it's not that f35 is closed for the IN. But we will have to buy a 4th gen American platform before the Americans offer us a 5 th gen platform.
We can get f35 from the USAF provided we make a deal to help the Americans in how to fight against s400. You get the best of both worlds.

If LMT offered it, it would have been offered for both the IAF and IN. It just doesn't make sense. We are one of the few Naval AF's that have experience of vtol aircrafts. So it's not that f35 is closed for the IN. But we will have to buy a 4th gen American platform before the Americans offer us a 5 th gen platform.
We can get f35 from the USAF provided we make a deal to help the Americans in how to fight against s400. You get the best of both worlds.
If they offered through mmrca, its well nd good. And india too should get rid of the the setup for a screwdriver style production .

Su 57 is just a bad design. I would say it's worse than the j20. It's a 4++ aircraft let's be honest. We are better of buying rafale and f15EX. If we want to buy it to replace our mki's no problem but it's not a 5th gen aircrafts. It's 4.5 gen aircraft even with the stealth engine and cheek radars. Our amca will be superior provided we actually invest in it. If the RR f136 rumours are true we won't need the su57. We can buy it as a stop gap against the j20 but the j20 will surpass the su57 once the engine problem is fixed with the j20. Russians will effectively lose their tech lead in the next 5-10 years..

Su-57 isn't a bad design. And our air chief claims it's better than the J-20. Plus it's undergoing the main modernisation now.

The J-20's engine is not going to be anywhere near the Su-57's.

Su-57 isn't a bad design. And our air chief claims it's better than the J-20. Plus it's undergoing the main modernisation now.

Idk the air intake of the su 57 is far from stealthy plus it's not even s duct. On the other hand j20 has dsi s duct intake it's frontal rcs should be superior to the su 57. It's better than the j20 in terms of electronics and kinematics but as a design purely from the stealth point of view it's inferior in my armchair general point of view...

Asper experts su57 nowhere near even rafale. So we can imagine where it will stand against EF Typhoon, F15EX & F35. ( I am not even mentioning f22 here ). So no.matter how much extra make up u do, su57 will not be able to shed its weakness, and Russians doesn't have any money to deal with su57 too.

Idk the air intake of the su 57 is far from stealthy plus it's not even s duct. On the other hand j20 has dsi s duct intake it's frontal rcs should be superior to the su 57. It's better than the j20 in terms of electronics and kinematics but as a design purely from the stealth point of view it's inferior in my armchair general point of view...

The Su-57 has a variable intake, it can block off the engine blades. And it has S ducts.

botzzon_orig.jpg

ju5c2692cf.png

ZESy2aF.jpg

Go through this link.

This is the biggest drawback of the J-20.
zjwdb2a07yq31.jpg

Canard, wing, strake and vertical fin, none of them are aligned for reduced RCS. Just look at the manner they are sticking out of the fuselage.

Otoh, the Su-57.
194909_orig.jpg

Only the wing and vertical fin are seen. The cockpit design is superior too.

So from the front, the Su-57 is definitely more stealthy than the J-20.

From the sides the cross-section of the Su-57 is also smaller, hence is gonna be stealthier. And when you combine all of this with a much more advanced engine than what the Chinese can design, you have your answer.

The J-20 even in 2030 is unlikely to match the Su-57 from 2025. Beyond 2030, I don't know, since that's plenty of time to modernise the J-20 or even design a brand new jet.

Last edited:
Asper experts su57 nowhere near even rafale. So we can imagine where it will stand against EF Typhoon, F15EX & F35. ( I am not even mentioning f22 here ). So no.matter how much extra make up u do, su57 will not be able to shed its weakness, and Russians doesn't have any money to deal with su57 too.

Russia has more money to spend on defence than India. The flyaway price of each early model Su-57 today is just $35M. It's basically 1/3rd the price of the Rafale. Even the Russians have planned to introduce active cancellation for enhanced stealth. And it has far more active and passive sensors than even the F-35 does. I don't believe there is a single aircraft available today that can compare with the Su-57 in terms of sensor package.

Russia has more money to spend on defence than India. The flyaway price of each early model Su-57 today is just $35M. It's basically 1/3rd the price of the Rafale. Even the Russians have planned to introduce active cancellation for enhanced stealth. And it has far more active and passive sensors than even the F-35 does. I don't believe there is a single aircraft available today that can compare with the Su-57 in terms of sensor package.
Till the item 30 is not online we ain't getting it.

Till the item 30 is not online we ain't getting it.

The work on the definitive version has begun. First flight is expected in 2022 and it's supposed to enter state trials in 2024 with IOC in 2025. So work on the export derivative should begin in 2022, with an IOC by 2025 or 2026. Depending on when we latch on to the program, we can expect our first squadron only after 2027 or after 2030.

Right now we do not know if we will go for the jet or if we will got for it in large numbers or just a stopgap until AMCA becomes available. At the very least, money won't be a big issue by the time a decision is made, and that's a long time away.