Line of Actual Control (LAC) : India & Tibet Border Updates

@Falcon @VSTOL .. any comments on the tweet, with images from chinese state media..
The images show that India was the aggressor here.. with Indian positions more than a kilometer to the east of PP14 (which is presumably right on the indian perception of LAC , or is a few hundred meters from the LAC as per Indian accounts).. It also shows India had built a helipad at PP14.. This is totally opposite to the narrative in indian media..🙄

Must be during the night of the skirmish. Many had crossed quite deep into the valley on the Chinese side.

Some how I do not trust what is being peddled as a victory for India. If you look at it from a sane perspective, the de-escalation has pushed us back by 2 kms from our own territory. So chinese have won. they may not have occupied the land but have made that land unusable for us. Our own land is now "No Men's Land". If it is victory for India, I think we need to modify the definition of victory. My own land is now useless for me. Should I call it a victory If I can't enter my own house?
We dont know what has been agreed to by China and India? Is it biz as usual with loss of territory or is it bigger capitulation? I am a Bhakt but now even I doubt MSD. They are making a fool of the nation.

I don't think we had occupied that area ourselves. I think all our camps came up because they pushed forward.

War has only been postponed

Meanwhile the Economic Pay-BACK
must be intensified
yup, we should step on the gas subtly and ensure that we no longer give them market. If we slack off and go to sleep mode again, after another 2 years we will be in the same mode again.

War has been averted but not on the LAC. If India is rallying world support against Chinese attempts to unilaterally alter borders, how does it gather support for its GB plans on the other side?

Before you cite the Russia Crimea example do remember Russia went in alone without give 2 Fs about what anyone else thought. It paid a stiff price for it but it went ahead. With a COVID impacted economy India cannot do that.

And lastly before you rush to flame me, think as a neutral observer with no stakes in the game. You cannot claim different rules on 2 borders.

If we are going to pull back 2km then it will hamper our infrastructure creation for the last mile connectivity. While chinese will continue to have their infra untouched we would be prevented from creating ours which is totally disadvantageous to us. I am sure chinese will go full hog and improve their infra and permanently claim the land while we will be left staring at it.

Because, getting surprised and bashed up by the chinese is preferable to the Indian leadership, than pre-emptively escalating matters on the LAC.. We love to play victim everytime..
come whatever may, we should capture some area and cut off their high way. Then use that as bargaining point to isolate pakistan. chinese will certainly throw pakistan under the bus and keep their territory. We dont realize that we have lot of leverage if we are pro active instead of being reactive. More often we stupidly diagnose it in a one dimensional way that china is expansionist or bullying us but they are not doing it just for territory but to safeguard existing captured land. More than being strong they are covering their weak points, china is creating a vast buffer and securing their highway to tibet & xinjiang.

Reactions: Arsalan123
If we are going to pull back 2km then it will hamper our infrastructure creation for the last mile connectivity. While chinese will continue to have their infra untouched we would be prevented from creating ours which is totally disadvantageous to us. I am sure chinese will go full hog and improve their infra and permanently claim the land while we will be left staring at it.

Everything boils down to what was discussed in those super long meetings between India & China.
We, as in, general public, have no idea about what was agreed upon by both the sides.
To assume that the Chinese agreed upon points disadvantageous for them is difficult for me.
I believe those meeting, despite being at the military level, had a good amount of political involvement from both sides.
What makes it suspect is our PM's comment that the Chinese did not encroach and what was ours is still ours - this directly contradicts the picture on ground, as available via various sources & satellite imagery. If the whole idea is to hide from embarrassment and putting up a show of highest order to fool the public, it is only matter of time before it gets exposed & exploited big time by the Chinese.

On the other had, if our PM was being serious & our army meetings has been what we hope it has been, this 2 KM pulling back on our side doesn't make any damn sense to me. China came in, so they should move back, simple! Why do we have to move back to appease them?

A lot of questions cannot be answered as we have no credible knowledge of what happened in those meetings. This is the problem.

Doval is playing the Chinese game back at them.

He is buying time for the Rafales to arrive. Phir Pelega.

Rafales wont play any significant part in this conflict, not in the immediate future.
It is very less in number to take part in any significant missions.

And not sure as to who is utilising the time better - remember the aggressor will always have the initial upper hand in a conflict thanks to the element of surprise. Now whether they can retain it or not is a different ball game. But we seem to be very much inclined to allowing the Chinese that initial advantage.