Line of Actual Control (LAC) : India & Tibet Border Updates

jetray

Mar 15, 2018
India
Doval than this suited booted MEA ka afser
Doval gives the message directly and can follow up on the threat. While others are just message conveyors.
Second thing he would know more about the ground situation very well while others wouldnt. He would have the advantage of not just knowing china border but the entire strategy of china containment including quad..etc He certainly can pull some ace up the sleeve to put them on backfoot or bargain for some thing else. Its like sending a salesman vs engineer to trouble shoot.

But it is a very bad move to send him all the time, it just makes rest of the ppl look totally incompetent and insignificant. Most of these things should be handled by the ppl at the lower level itself and build their competency to handle it independently without diluting the focus of the entire country.

Reactions: Golden_Rule

Sulla84

May 31, 2019
India
Some how I do not trust what is being peddled as a victory for India. If you look at it from a sane perspective, the de-escalation has pushed us back by 2 kms from our own territory. So chinese have won. they may not have occupied the land but have made that land unusable for us. Our own land is now "No Men's Land". If it is victory for India, I think we need to modify the definition of victory. My own land is now useless for me. Should I call it a victory If I can't enter my own house?
We dont know what has been agreed to by China and India? Is it biz as usual with loss of territory or is it bigger capitulation? I am a Bhakt but now even I doubt MSD. They are making a fool of the nation.
But. .would India stop patrolling in the Galwan valley upto PP 14?

jetray

Mar 15, 2018
India
"
The right and wrong of what recently happened at the Galwan Valley in the western sector of the China-India boundary is very clear. China will continue firmly safeguarding our territorial sovereignty as well as peace and tranquility in the border areas. As Wang Yi stressed, for both China and India, achieving development and revitalization is the top priority where we share long-term strategic interests. Both sides should adhere to the strategic assessment that instead of posing threats, the two countries provide each other with development opportunities. Both sides should pay great attention to the current complex situation facing China-India bilateral relations, and work together to overcome and turn it around as soon as possible. We hope India can work with China to guide public opinion in the right direction, keep and advance bilateral exchanges and cooperation, and avoid amplifying the differences and complicating matters so as to jointly uphold the big picture of China-India relations.
"
In short it says going for now , will come back later until then no parties with uncle sam. f**** patronizing tone.
India should also remind them of pakistan & consequences of terrorism.

Last edited:

randomradio

Nov 30, 2017
India
@Falcon @VSTOL .. any comments on the tweet, with images from chinese state media..
The images show that India was the aggressor here.. with Indian positions more than a kilometer to the east of PP14 (which is presumably right on the indian perception of LAC , or is a few hundred meters from the LAC as per Indian accounts).. It also shows India had built a helipad at PP14.. This is totally opposite to the narrative in indian media..🙄
Must be during the night of the skirmish. Many had crossed quite deep into the valley on the Chinese side.

randomradio

Nov 30, 2017
India
Some how I do not trust what is being peddled as a victory for India. If you look at it from a sane perspective, the de-escalation has pushed us back by 2 kms from our own territory. So chinese have won. they may not have occupied the land but have made that land unusable for us. Our own land is now "No Men's Land". If it is victory for India, I think we need to modify the definition of victory. My own land is now useless for me. Should I call it a victory If I can't enter my own house?
We dont know what has been agreed to by China and India? Is it biz as usual with loss of territory or is it bigger capitulation? I am a Bhakt but now even I doubt MSD. They are making a fool of the nation.
I don't think we had occupied that area ourselves. I think all our camps came up because they pushed forward.

Jaymax

Apr 1, 2019
3rd Rock from the Sun
War has been averted but not on the LAC. If India is rallying world support against Chinese attempts to unilaterally alter borders, how does it gather support for its GB plans on the other side?

Before you cite the Russia Crimea example do remember Russia went in alone without give 2 Fs about what anyone else thought. It paid a stiff price for it but it went ahead. With a COVID impacted economy India cannot do that.

And lastly before you rush to flame me, think as a neutral observer with no stakes in the game. You cannot claim different rules on 2 borders.