Line of Actual Control (LAC) : India & Tibet Border Updates

Make no mistake. NoKo is red line for China. Doing what you suggest would bring a war that you are so cautious to avoid.

That's why they have to do it before China gets stronger. But that's the problem, all these countries will want to avoid war as much as possible. They would rather wait till China becomes really strong and become the aggressor than take care of the problem before it becomes a real problem. Same thing with WW2 in Europe.

Last edited:
In 1962, yes.

There seems to be some confusion regarding the fingers.

Some maps show F8 ending before Sirijap, while some show all the way to the fort.

So which is the real F8?

The Chinese are at Sirijap, which is 8 km east of Finger 8.

When we patrol up to Finger 8, we have to go on foot.

Also, what happened to your Twitter acc?

Next time we must open fire immediately
I will keep the forces within the area for rapid deployment and ready for very quick mobilisation depending on the kind of demobilisation is done by PLA.
There seems to be some confusion regarding the fingers.
Some maps show F8 ending before Sirijap, while some show all the way to the fort.
So which is the real F8?

The Chinese are at Sirijap, which is 8 km east of Finger 8.

When we patrol up to Finger 8, we have to go on foot.

Also, what happened to your Twitter acc?
The patrol point after 1962 was Khurnak fort which got reduced to west of sirijap in 2008 and reduced to F8 in 2013. F8 is further west of Sirijap which itself is west of Khurnak fort. We do not have a demarcated or agreed to LAC even today thanks to JN Thickshit. So whoever occupies whatever becomes new LAC. Unfortunately we never occupied any territory lost and Chinese always did. So, LAC is volatile.

I will keep the forces within the area for rapid deployment and ready for very quick mobilisation depending on the kind of demobilisation is done by PLA.

The patrol point after 1962 was Khurnak fort which got reduced to west of sirijap in 2008 and reduced to F8 in 2013. F8 is further west of Sirijap which itself is west of Khurnak fort. We do not have a demarcated or agreed to LAC even today thanks to JN Thickshit. So whoever occupies whatever becomes new LAC. Unfortunately we never occupied any territory lost and Chinese always did. So, LAC is volatile.

The second last line of your post is the point that needs to change. Indian government for once needs to be proactive and give China a dose of its own medicine. If they take lessons from their past mistakes, we need to make Chinese play their own game on our terms. We can grab land and then force them to negotiate. Until our government at centre (any government, plz don't make a bjp vs congress mudslinging on this) grows a spine, China will continue to dominate us.

@Falcon @VSTOL .. any comments on the tweet, with images from chinese state media..
The images show that India was the aggressor here.. with Indian positions more than a kilometer to the east of PP14 (which is presumably right on the indian perception of LAC , or is a few hundred meters from the LAC as per Indian accounts).. It also shows India had built a helipad at PP14.. This is totally opposite to the narrative in indian media..🙄

--------
If I have do some more guessing..
We threatened to wipe out their forward deployments if they don't retreat.
So they went back.

Water levels gave us a card to play I think.

Reactions: Sulla84
@Falcon @VSTOL .. any comments on the tweet, with images from chinese state media..
The images show that India was the aggressor here.. with Indian positions more than a kilometer to the east of PP14 (which is presumably right on the indian perception of LAC , or is a few hundred meters from the LAC as per Indian accounts).. It also shows India had built a helipad at PP14.. This is totally opposite to the narrative in indian media..🙄
Some how I do not trust what is being peddled as a victory for India. If you look at it from a sane perspective, the de-escalation has pushed us back by 2 kms from our own territory. So chinese have won. they may not have occupied the land but have made that land unusable for us. Our own land is now "No Men's Land". If it is victory for India, I think we need to modify the definition of victory. My own land is now useless for me. Should I call it a victory If I can't enter my own house?
We dont know what has been agreed to by China and India? Is it biz as usual with loss of territory or is it bigger capitulation? I am a Bhakt but now even I doubt MSD. They are making a fool of the nation.

Some how I do not trust what is being peddled as a victory for India. If you look at it from a sane perspective, the de-escalation has pushed us back by 2 kms from our own territory. So chinese have won. they may not have occupied the land but have made that land unusable for us. Our own land is now "No Men's Land". If it is victory for India, I think we need to modify the definition of victory. My own land is now useless for me. Should I call it a victory If I can't enter my own house?
We dont know what has been agreed to by China and India? Is it biz as usual with loss of territory or is it bigger capitulation? I am a Bhakt but now even I doubt MSD. They are making a fool of the nation.

@Falcon tweeted about this sometime back, Round 1 goes to PRC. I find a stark difference in how this government goes about its national security related issues - always loud, may be too loud (remember Surgical strike, Balakote, Abrogation of 370) and then compare it to this whole Chinese fiasco. I hope you will agree that the reaction has been very muffled and subdued.
I smell something fishy with this, is it about saving face and damage control wrt to PR for votebanks or something really has been planned/executed in secrecy. I guess we will never know, unless China decides to gobble up some more land somewhere else.

@Falcon tweeted about this sometime back, Round 1 goes to PRC. I find a stark difference in how this government goes about its national security related issues - always loud, may be too loud (remember Surgical strike, Balakote, Abrogation of 370) and then compare it to this whole Chinese fiasco. I hope you will agree that the reaction has been very muffled and subdued.
I smell something fishy with this, is it about saving face and damage control wrt to PR for votebanks or something really has been planned/executed in secrecy. I guess we will never know, unless China decides to gobble up some more land somewhere else.
Modi was always about show off. But this time, he did not plan it. The soldiers retaliated on their own without even waiting for clearance from their superiors and he is claiming it as something which was his decision. I have lost respect for him. I foresee all this shit about Atmanirbharta will also be swept under the carpet very soon. He wanted an opportunity to project himself as the Ironman of India like another cheat called Sardar Patel who was responsible for the largest massacre of Brahmins in 1948 when Gandhi was killed. He did nothing just like Rajiv Gandhi to stop that genocide. Over 6000 Brahmins were killed in Maharashtra and Gujrat when Patel was the HM of India. Modi and selfstyled Chanakya of India-Shah are doing just what their Idols did.

Doval than this suited booted MEA ka afser
Doval gives the message directly and can follow up on the threat. While others are just message conveyors.
Second thing he would know more about the ground situation very well while others wouldnt. He would have the advantage of not just knowing china border but the entire strategy of china containment including quad..etc He certainly can pull some ace up the sleeve to put them on backfoot or bargain for some thing else. Its like sending a salesman vs engineer to trouble shoot.

But it is a very bad move to send him all the time, it just makes rest of the ppl look totally incompetent and insignificant. Most of these things should be handled by the ppl at the lower level itself and build their competency to handle it independently without diluting the focus of the entire country.

But. .would India stop patrolling in the Galwan valley upto PP 14?

"
The right and wrong of what recently happened at the Galwan Valley in the western sector of the China-India boundary is very clear. China will continue firmly safeguarding our territorial sovereignty as well as peace and tranquility in the border areas. As Wang Yi stressed, for both China and India, achieving development and revitalization is the top priority where we share long-term strategic interests. Both sides should adhere to the strategic assessment that instead of posing threats, the two countries provide each other with development opportunities. Both sides should pay great attention to the current complex situation facing China-India bilateral relations, and work together to overcome and turn it around as soon as possible. We hope India can work with China to guide public opinion in the right direction, keep and advance bilateral exchanges and cooperation, and avoid amplifying the differences and complicating matters so as to jointly uphold the big picture of China-India relations.
"
In short it says going for now , will come back later until then no parties with uncle sam. f**** patronizing tone.
India should also remind them of pakistan & consequences of terrorism.

Last edited: