Line of Actual Control (LAC) : India & Tibet Border Updates

• Agree
Reactions: Defc0n
They have been saying that since a decade. It's part of their attempt to bring India into a military alliance under the Quad, which they will lead, not cooperate, but lead.
There is no doubt about US intentions. But they have committed their support to us in case of war. That means my argument of an united attack against China is proven right.

There is no doubt about US intentions. But they have committed their support to us in case of war. That means my argument of an united attack against China is proven right.

While I agree with your assessment, my bone of contention is whether the US will actually keep that promise when push comes to shove.

We are not treaty allies, and we likely will never become one under normal circumstances. So there is no need for the US to jump into any conflict India has with China.

Here's something very, very important.
When asked about the US Navy deploying two aircraft carriers in the South China Sea amid the ongoing tensions, White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows said, "The message is clear. We're not going to stand by and let China or anyone else take the reins in terms of being the most powerful, dominant force, whether it's in that region or over here."

That doesn't include Russia alone.

Always remember, after China it's India's turn.

While I agree with your assessment, my bone of contention is whether the US will actually keep that promise when push comes to shove.

We are not treaty allies, and we likely will never become one under normal circumstances. So there is no need for the US to jump into any conflict India has with China.

Here's something very, very important.
When asked about the US Navy deploying two aircraft carriers in the South China Sea amid the ongoing tensions, White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows said, "The message is clear. We're not going to stand by and let China or anyone else take the reins in terms of being the most powerful, dominant force, whether it's in that region or over here."

That doesn't include Russia alone.
At present there are many reasons for US to involve in a war with China. The body language of present US administration reflects the same. Most importantly they want to destroy the PLAN which only they could do not us.

Always remember, after China it's India's turn.
I do agree with it and have said same thing earlier in my posts. But at present our goals is same, that is to destroy the war machine and economic installations of China. We should do it.

People have lost it. Who believes this BS!?
Doval is known to be very blunt in talks. During Doklam crisis he had bluntly asked his counterpart, "Does a disputed territory becomes yours".

The US wants India to take on China, may be it is the excuse they are looking for to start an offensive on China.
Agree. A war between India and China is a wish fulfilled and dream come true for USA.

Doval is known to be very blunt in talks. During Doklam crisis he had bluntly asked his counterpart, "Does a disputed territory becomes yours".

Agree. A war between India and China is a wish fulfilled and dream come true for USA.

But, Doval threatning China of a war on multiple fronts which I don't think is in Doval's control, is bit farfetched even by his standards, don't you think?
Or can he make other countries leaving USA as they are already keen on getting India to start the war, to join in, in a fight against China?

Reactions: HariPrasad
At present there are many reasons for US to involve in a war with China. The body language of present US administration reflects the same. Most importantly they want to destroy the PLAN which only they could do not us.

When election time comes close, the US generally becomes more hawkish. Especially considering this is a Trump reelection, this was expected last year itself. Nothing special there.

Of course, we can always take advantage of this during negotiations.

I would recommend not become complacent just because the US is doing something.

This still applies and is the actual reality.
“What do you think a military dimension will achieve? India is the only country in the Quad with a land border with China. In case of conflict…nobody will come and hold your hand,” navy chief Admiral Sunil Lanba said, playing down the larger role the alliance was supposed to play in due course.

We are too big to get into an alliance.

I do agree with it and have said same thing earlier in my posts. But at present our goals is same, that is to destroy the war machine and economic installations of China. We should do it.

Don't need a treaty alliance for that. Treaty alliance doesn't cover such things anyway.

In fact the US should unilaterally kick out Chinese tech companies from the US and tell them any reversal is based on China opening up their own economy in reciprocity. Take the lead instead of expecting a collaboration let alone an alliance.

But, Doval threatning China of a war on multiple fronts which I don't think is in Doval's control, is bit farfetched even by his standards, don't you think?
Or can he make other countries leaving USA as they are already keen on getting India to start the war, to join in, in a fight against China?

Although we can't rely on a tweet, need actual confirmation, I think Doval is sending a message, rather than threatening, of India's future course of action.

I would recommend not become complacent just because the US is doing something.
Who said that?? We have pretty good reasons to go to war with China.
Most of all with the involvement of USA we could end this problem once and for all.
Btw what happened to your stance of USA won't go to war with China ??

This still applies and is the actual reality.
“What do you think a military dimension will achieve? India is the only country in the Quad with a land border with China. In case of conflict…nobody will come and hold your hand,” navy chief Admiral Sunil Lanba said, playing down the larger role the alliance was supposed to play in due course.

We are too big to get into an alliance.

Don't need a treaty alliance for that. Treaty alliance doesn't cover such things anyway.
Hold on. From where is it coming? I have never advocated an alliance with USA. US and Russia fought two world wars without any alliance. We could do that too. I have always maintained that we will fight our war and they will fight their's.

In fact the US should unilaterally kick out Chinese tech companies from the US and tell them any reversal is based on China opening up their own economy in reciprocity. Take the lead instead of expecting a collaboration let alone an alliance.
That won't destroy PLAN or win Trump election.

Who said that?? We have pretty good reasons to go to war with China.
Most of all with the involvement of USA we could end this problem once and for all.
Btw what happened to your stance of USA won't go to war with China ??

I believe the US will only go to war with China if treaty allies are attacked. Until then it will only be posturing.

Hold on. From where is it coming? I have never advocated an alliance with USA. US and Russia fought two world wars without any alliance. We could do that too. I have always maintained that we will fight our war and they will fight their's.

Okay, I'm fine with that, as long as we don't become treaty allies.

But I don't see them attacking China for India's sake. It's in their interests because they know India can defend itself. Rather they will prevent India from taking action on Pakistan that would create a more advantageous position for India vis-a-vis China. So India contains China while Pakistan restricts India within the Indian Ocean.

Even if the US decides to sink PLAN for their own reasons, it will help India way more than it will help the US.