LCA Tejas Mk1 & Mk1A - News and discussions

Absolute gigachad HAL. Tested it before due date and didn't make any sound about it instead carried on with their work while getting abused by eggspert right wingers endlessly for no logical reasons. Absolute level of professionalism and commitment towards the nation at display👏👏💪
1659426923766.png

One reason I can think of is economics. I have always said that a pvt company will want to look after its own first. And that's why splitting the 114 MMRCA is not right. You need a minimum order of 100 airframes because you got to give out contracts. And no one is signing up your contracts for just 5 year of work.

It seems to me the pvt sector involved is facing the same issue.

It's better to give an additional order of 20-30 airframes so that the number of airframes per year increase, because the pvt supplied will want a long contract.

For LCA, the numbers are already good. Since the program itself will continue with Mk2, it's unnecessary to make any more than 73.

For LCA, the numbers are already good. Since the program itself will continue with Mk2, it's unnecessary to make any more than 73.

Is there any guarantee the same vendors will be awarded Mk2 contracts?

Another thing how sure are we Mk2 will come online in time?

When we make > 20 mk1A / year, mk2 has to be ready .

Is there any guarantee the same vendors will be awarded Mk2 contracts?

At least most of them.

Another thing how sure are we Mk2 will come online in time?

'Cause it's only a modernisation of a rather proven design. The flight testing required is 3 times lesser than a new design.

When we make > 20 mk1A / year, mk2 has to be ready .

For now Mk1A will be delivered to the IAF at 16/year. Anything extra will be used up on export contracts. HAL has promised 24/year to the IAF only if 3 more squadrons are ordered. Mk2 is likely to get new lines though.

Reactions: Sathya
What I am still to agree with 2 years delay in price negotiations between MoD & HAL.
Both government entities. No money will go out of GoI hands .. But 2 years lost..

That ll be 2 squads early in IAF hands.. and probably retirement of Mig21 s at appropriate time.

To be fair, the LCA delay was extremely disastrous for the IAF. The govt should have compensated with an emergency purchase of 2 M2000 squadrons after the MKI deal was done, the French had proven their reliability by then.

Reactions: Nilgiri
To be fair, the LCA delay was extremely disastrous for the IAF. The govt should have compensated with an emergency purchase of 2 M2000 squadrons after the MKI deal was done, the French had proven their reliability by then.
I would just like to point out that BCCI doesn't pay GST, while HAL first pays import duty on engines, helmets, ejection seats of Tejas and then GST on the sale to IAF.

To me it is unfair. 😂
If tax is such a big issue, maybe get BCCI in the regime too. Put 28% on them.

• Agree
Reactions: Sathya
I would just like to point out that BCCI doesn't pay GST, while HAL first pays import duty on engines, helmets, ejection seats of Tejas and then GST on the sale to IAF.

To me it is unfair. 😂
If tax is such a big issue, maybe get BCCI in the regime too. Put 28% on them.

You mean income tax. No clue why you brought it up though. A PSU doesn't have the same worries as a private enterprise.
I'll be really impressed if the Mk2's radar is on a gimbal.

Columbian Airforce will be retiring it's T/A-37 jet trainer/light attack aircraft and wants to buy around 20 aircrafts (mix of trainers and fighters)

Further their Life fleet will also be retiring. So anyone who wins, will likely get additional orders in future.

But financial conditions are not good and Columbians will need a soft loan to purchase any system. So that will be an important criteria.

South Korean FA/TA-50 is the front runner. Italian M346 is also there , but it's combat capabilities are limited. These two options have been recognised by Columbian officials themselves. They also discarded an option for 2nd hand Israeli F16s.

Other options are F16 from USA, Gripen from Sweden, Eurofighter Tranche 1 of Spain and probably Tejas Mk1A.

Let's see.

From another thread.

FbzTjIcVEAEaHOH

According to this report, the 2nd production line is set up, first 3 mk1a delivery by 2024 and 16 every year thereafter.
Total Mk2 project allocation 9K crore till date.
We currently have 18 twin seaters on order. Their delivery schedules will pretty much decide the Mk1A delivery schedule.