Kalvari Class Submarines - Updates & Discussions

P 75 I has already failed

The walking out by Foreign OEMs was a rude but necessary reality for GOI

High Technology CANNOT be bought , no matter how much you are willing to pay

Otherwise CHINA would buy All High Tech companies in the world

We must wake up and smell the Coffee šŸ˜“

The tender is not dead yet. The fav to win is still around, and there is also a second competitor, so it's not a single vendor situation yet.

The amount of technology transfer we are looking for is still acceptable to many companies.

If we put all the available resources then having a prototype vessel in water by 2030 is very doable in my opinion.
Ofcourse the first iteration would be not the best in the world but still should be contemporary.

No chance. The P-76 has to begin its design stage first. By the time that gets done and all the approvals are in place, it's gonna be a minimum of 3-4 years before construction begins. Even the SSN is gonna take 6 years from approval to start of construction. Our very first class could take a minimum of 10-12 years to get commissioned.

If the tender fails, I'd say we should start P-76 under MDL, and L&T should get into a GTG for 3 subs (+3 options) with Korea or Japan, along the lines of MRCBF. Once those 3 are delivered, IN can choose to build options or more P-76.

Their attempt towards a monopoly, which should be thwarted.

(ā€¦) Prasad also cited an incident during the pandemic when personnel from the technology partner left abruptly.

ā€œNow, to get them back once again, with complete airfare, the cost of deputation etc is exorbitant,ā€ he added.

Is this Indian humour?

ā€”ā€”ā€”

He mentions ā€œtwo foreign strategic partners to choose fromā€ for the P-75I program.
I thought there was only DSME left, Navantiaā€™s AIP not being in useā€¦

MDL CMD is essentially saying they just got manufacturing know how - build to print. DCNS is not sharing anything beyond that. Its not know if that was in the contract or they reneged.

• Agree
Reactions: Amarante
Now, I feel like some talk is going on regarding 3 additional Kalvari class.

IN wants 18 SSKs by 2035: 06 P-75, 6 P-75I and 6 indigenous SSK class. But looks like it will be a very difficult feat to achieve. So, why not tweak the number distribution to: 9 P-75 and 9 P-75I.

If no additional unit of Kalvari is ordered then I see the following numbers by 2035: 2 Shishumar class, 4 Sindhughosh class, 6 Kalvari class and 6 P-75I class.

I have been having that "feeling" for a decade now.

Sick Not Feeling Good GIF by Bayerischer Rundfunk

• Haha

IN wants 18 SSKs by 2035: 06 P-75, 6 P-75I and 6 indigenous SSK class. But looks like it will be a very difficult feat to achieve. So, why not tweak the number distribution to: 9 P-75 and 9 P-75I.

If no additional unit of Kalvari is ordered then I see the following numbers by 2035: 2 Shishumar class, 4 Sindhughosh class, 6 Kalvari class and 6 P-75I class.
Didn't the Navy reject the offer to build 3 more Scorpene class subs back in 2016?

• Agree

Remember my posts. I had clearly stated 80 Rafales and French submarines are coming. This is Bang on what my source stated. Co development of submarines which means take scorpene add DRDO lithium ion batteries and AIP. Voila it's all new submarine, maybe they may add pump jet propulsion (to give it an all new noise signature to compensate Leaked documents), which will give us the technology to build SSN with pump jet propulsion... šŸ˜Š

There are more things on table but I am tight lipped as he just told me to keep my mouth shut....
@randomradio @_Anonymous_

It's not my PoV it's a credible information from a very good source regarding 80 Rafales and make in India part which will be signed this year itself, rest is my PoV and is the obvious likely thing to happen. Uncle Sam is adamant to have strategic foothold and the only thing that can give them that is F-35 but it will happen Post 2025.

If he's bang on then even French submarines are coming through co-development route, whether SSK or SSN only time will tell.. šŸ˜Š

If my source is correct then deal for 80 Rafales is a done deal, all with make in India. 26 for Indian Navy and 54 for IAF. Just wait and watch. It's a batch deal for Rafales with every batch more capable and upgraded than the earlier.... šŸ¤—šŸ˜ŠšŸ˜Š

It sounds like writer's personal opinion not news from any source.

It's the best way :
you repeat an order of a modern sub already in your arsenal. Good for sustain, good for crews training, good for keeping the skills of MDL.
And it's even possible to upgrade during MLU the first 6 subs with this AIP.

Reactions: SammyBoi
maybe they may add pump jet propulsion (to give it an all new noise signature to compensate Leaked documents)
Rumors said that it is already agreed to give you pump jet (with or without know how? I don't know) For this sub or SSN ????

It's false to speak again of the so called corrupted noise signature. The leaked documents were only about marketing informations.