Indian Army Artillery Systems : News and Updates

I'm awaiting arguments that these were only developmental trials or validation trials but not comprehensive trials & how the IA cannot proceed with high altitude trials without trials in the desert or on the plains being held before & on & on. So , evidently Bharat Forge is bluffing . Probably to boost it's share prices in view of some upcoming mega deal . I learn so much everyday from the learned members of Strat Front.

I'm awaiting arguments that these were only developmental trials or validation trials but not comprehensive trials & how the IA cannot proceed with high altitude trials without trials in the desert or on the plains being held before & on & on. So , evidently Bharat Forge is bluffing . Probably to boost it's share prices in view of some upcoming mega deal . I learn so much everyday from the learned members of Strat Front.
Now let's hope army doesn't takes out any new trial up from their *censored*.

There are only so many geniuses in the world. It's the middle of June and ATAGS apparently cleared mountain trials. Wah! This is definitely award winning. I wonder if these people have ever heard of "summer trials" and "winter trials"?

It's simple. If ATAGS has cleared "all" trials in June 2021, then it cleared winter trials during Dec 2022-Feb 2021. Both can't happen together because of this slight technicality called "weather".

First is the summer trials, next comes the winter trials. But the ATAGS has entered trial phase since 2017 and has seen many summer and winter trials, so there's no way to see at what point exactly the army is satisfied to what extent.

DRDO had announced the successful completion of winter trials in Feb itself. But then they have a habit of saying that every few months, which is supposed to be taken with a pinch of salt. They had claimed the successful completion of summer trials last year as well. Only the MoD can confirm whether trials are complete or not. Not a company or a lab. This is elementary. The only way to know for sure if trials are complete is to see the order for 150 actually going through. If it doesn't go through, then it's obvious the next set of trials will happen again in the winter. Only the production indent determines success or failure, not brochures.

• Agree
Reactions: SammyBoi
I'm offering a bottle of Double Black to anybody who can decipher the above post especially the first two paragraphs in context to my last post along with the post I've quoted there. It didn't even make sense when I read it doing a headstand or when I used Google Translate or when I read it from bottom to top or right to left .

Reactions: SammyBoi
I'm offering a bottle of Double Black to anybody who can decipher the above post especially the first two paragraphs in context to my last post along with the post I've quoted there. It didn't even make sense when I read it doing a headstand or when I used Google Translate or when I read it from bottom to top or right to left .
I'm very new here, so forgive me if it looks like I'm trying to intrude, but....
Have you had a very serious fallout with @randomradio, or do you guys still talk??

I mean, i did see him write about some no talking policy but still....

IMG_20210625_224156.jpg

There are only so many geniuses in the world. It's the middle of June and ATAGS apparently cleared mountain trials. Wah! This is definitely award winning. I wonder if these people have ever heard of "summer trials" and "winter trials"?

It's simple. If ATAGS has cleared "all" trials in June 2021, then it cleared winter trials during Dec 2022-Feb 2021. Both can't happen together because of this slight technicality called "weather".
Did it say it cleared the mountain trial in June?

Did it say it has cleared "all" trials?

Misdirection and obfuscation wont help. Why cant you admit that you were wrong?

Reactions: Chain Smoker

First is the summer trials, next comes the winter trials. But the ATAGS has entered trial phase since 2017 and has seen many summer and winter trials, so there's no way to see at what point exactly the army is satisfied to what extent.

DRDO had announced the successful completion of winter trials in Feb itself. But then they have a habit of saying that every few months, which is supposed to be taken with a pinch of salt. They had claimed the successful completion of summer trials last year as well. Only the MoD can confirm whether trials are complete or not. Not a company or a lab. This is elementary. The only way to know for sure if trials are complete is to see the order for 150 actually going through. If it doesn't go through, then it's obvious the next set of trials will happen again in the winter. Only the production indent determines success or failure, not brochures.
Do u even know where the final trials are being carried out. It need not to give all the trials again after barrel explosion.

Did it say it cleared the mountain trial in June?

Did it say it has cleared "all" trials?

Misdirection and obfuscation wont help. Why cant you admit that you were wrong?

Wrong about what?

The only way to know if trials are complete is when the MoD clears the project for production.

Here, this is an article from Dec 2020, even before winter trials, that ATAGS has cleared trials.
Published: 20th December 2020 10:00 AM

During trials, the user can request changes, which are tested in new trials. So trials keep going on and on until the user is satisfied with the final design. After this comes LSP and then new trials will begin again, until the final production model is decided, post which FSP begins.

Trials are endless. So, until MoD clearance comes, trials will keep happening. And we in the civvie circles won't know until that happens.

Just so you know, DRDO isn't lying about completing trials in Dec 2020 even before winter trials began in Jan 2021. It's because there are many, many trials, not just one or two.

The army decides when trials are complete, not DRDO, not BF, not DPSUs, not nothing, only the forces decide.

Right now ATAGS is where the Tejas was back in 2006, the pre-LSP stage. Even after current trials are complete, it will still be at least 2-3 years away from reaching the LCA's IOC stage which happened in 2013, post which serial production will begin. So there's years of tests still pending. These are just PSQR trials, serial production happens post GSQR trials. The earliest expectation is GSQR trials will complete around 2025, so SP delivery can happen from 2026 onwards. The SP units will be the one going to frontline units and incorporated into our warfighting inventory in large numbers.

So, at best, all you can hope right now is the current summer trials are the last trials before the LSP stage begins. At worst, you can hope the coming Dec 2021-Feb 2022 will see the last winter trials. Even worse would be the repeat of summer trials in June 2022, and the hope that this will be the last. Until the MoD announces it, these trials will keep happening and you can bet there will be a lot of fanfare surrounding it, not just the release of a brochure.

Wrong about what?

The only way to know if trials are complete is when the MoD clears the project for production.
Again obfuscation. No one claimed, "all trials are complete."

We had an entire conversation on high-altitude trial after your below claim last week.

Post #653

Great! ATAGS has apparently not even begun high altitude trials. It needs to clear the current lot of trials before it can be taken to the mountains for field testing.​

You seem to forget things when it's not in your lane.

Reactions: Chain Smoker
Again obfuscation. No one claimed, "all trials are complete."

We had an entire conversation on high-altitude trial after your below claim last week.

Post #653

You seem to forget things when it's not in your lane.

I know. I had already explained that. Trials have been going on since 2017, including winter trials.

Summer trials and winter trials are held one after the other, not together, for obvious reasons. And there's news coming that winter trials will continue even in 2021-22.

The user assisted testing trials will last for three weeks, after which the army will decide whether the guns need to go through field evaluation trials at high altitude as well.

This article was posted last week. So we could be seeing more trials in a few months all over again. The fact is even summer trials are still ongoing. Next comes winter trials at high altitude, hence it's not even begun yet. It's not obfuscation, it's simply the state of things. You guys are just celebrating way too early over something that's still in the middle of its development cycle.

I know. I had already explained that. Trials have been going on since 2017, including winter trials.

Summer trials and winter trials are held one after the other, not together, for obvious reasons. And there's news coming that winter trials will continue even in 2021-22.
:LOL: Again, not what you said.

Great! ATAGS has apparently not even begun high altitude trials