Indian Army Artillery Systems : News and Updates

amc separately charged, good biz if you can get in.

It's generally 5 years, and it's part of any long term contract. the entire lifecycle cost is calculated alongside the main contract. Every 5 years it's renewed, so the OEM can't magically raise prices on their own. This is the case with all contracts, doesn't matter if it's imported or not.

In the Mountains, Accuracy will be of Critical importance.
How IA is planning to solve/handle this issue?

Depends on the target. Most targets don't require high end accuracy, numbers are more important. Against accurate targets, we need munitions like the Excalibur. And artillery has been quite accurate for quite sometime already, you can almost directly hit a stationary tank using dumb ammo at the very least.

Accuracy is more subject to intelligence than whatever you can get out of the gun.

Reactions: Rajput Lion
There was AoN for 150 units before too.

And AoN doesn't mean clearance. AoN is actually the very 1st step.

CCS clearance to sign the deal is penultimate goal , just short of actually signing the deal.

Nothing to celebrate as of now.

We have had AoN for ATAGS since 2018, believe it or not.
Per Bharat Forge call they were waiting on this for some time & army also assured its very close, I do not expect major hindrance now even though AoN is for 9 months & could take more than that.

There was AoN for 150 units before too.

And AoN doesn't mean clearance. AoN is actually the very 1st step.

CCS clearance to sign the deal is penultimate goal , just short of actually signing the deal.

Nothing to celebrate as of now.

We have had AoN for ATAGS since 2018, believe it or not.

Per Bharat Forge call they were waiting on this for some time & army also assured its very close, I do not expect major hindrance now even though AoN is for 9 months & could take more than that.

This clearance is for a tender. Now the army will choose between BF and Tata's guns through competitive tendering.

This clearance is for a tender. Now the army will choose between BF and Tata's guns through competitive tendering.
Oh I know that, whoever becomes L1 afterwards you gotta consider this towed gun requirement has been stuck for a long time that even the makers were worried of late, they regularly tried all their source at MoD and they know how much delays happen.

Oh I know that, whoever becomes L1 afterwards you gotta consider this towed gun requirement has been stuck for a long time that even the makers were worried of late, they regularly tried all their source at MoD and they know how much delays happen.

It's unfortunately gonna take a long time to deliver. I hope it's fast-tracked to the point where signature happens by 2025 at least.

Number of systems unknown for now. I am searching.

I think it is the 6x6 variant for high altitude. But I am still looking.

Aatmanirbhar Bharat: MoD inks over Rs 9,100 crore contracts for improved Akash Weapon System & 12 Weapon Locating Radars Swathi (Plains) for Indian Army​

Posted On: 30 MAR 2023 7:28PM by PIB Delhi

Providing a further boost to ‘Aatmanirbharta’ in defence, Ministry of Defence, on March 30, 2023, signed contracts for procurement of improved Akash Weapon System and 12 Weapon Locating Radars, WLR Swathi (Plains) for the Indian Army at an overall cost of over Rs 9,100 crore.

Weapon Locating Radars Swathi (Plains)

The contract for WLR Swathi (Plains) was signed with Bharat Electronic Limited (BEL) at a cost of over Rs 990 crore. It is an indigenously designed WLR which is capable of locating guns, mortars and rockets firing own troops, thereby facilitating their destruction through Counter Bombardment by own firepower resources. This will enable troops to carry out their operational tasks without any interference from the enemy and also provide them safety against enemy fire. Induction is planned to be completed in 24 months.

This project is a big opportunity for the defence industry to showcase its capability and will be a step in the direction of achieving the goal of ‘Aatmanirbharta’ in defence.

ABB/Savvy