Chinese Wuhan Virus Thread

Lot of unofficial news is being heard.. 100 + cases may be,confirmed tomorrow.

---------

Yet another group of Mullahs from Indonesia infected had visited several mosques in Salem district , TN.

Last was group of mullahs from Thailand..

Why this religious foreigners spreading viruses here..

Need to clamp down these religious teacher s like NGO s.

A very informative and realistic video. Please watch and understand the beast we are facing. There's no need to crib about discipline when our enemy is from another "dimension "

Now, as European nations struggle to cope, Chinese have ramped up their industrial output.

Really? Not what I am seeing. Not from the remote sensing data anyway. Chinese govt are to be treated as liars by default when no correlation for claims are available....and others will increasingly have to have some degree of worst case scenario as the operating response till actual credible information arrives.

Something every country in the world will now have to learn the hard way.

China is now poised exactly as US was at thd end of WW2.

a) US was not stuck with forced 3 trillion liability of a superior power because of its internal overcapacity (through reckless state investment lever) and gross subsidy lever due to a global system it never paid into. US simply was something, and China bends the knee to it in exchange for use of USD to increase time between "oh crap" things like the cultural revolution and tianenmen that severely test and challenge its autocratic set up.

b) China just did IRREPARABLE damage to its already low soft power. US had immense reserves of that coming out of WW2. It is why China does zilch about dropping the USD....or even challenging it as the one sole currency for trade.

c) Chinese govt is thoroughly worthless one...having gone all in with autocracy and near absolute mistrust in its own people. This is the beginning of the end for them. The wechat video logs have all been archived outside. They will be flooded back in as part of the retribution along with the economic measures taken by rest of the world after this current immediate crisis is seen through.

I have never seen gentle, pleasant regular Canadians been this angry at China before....it wont dissipate for a very very long time and my hunch is the Chinese govt will give no slack and make it worse with time....because it has a very simplistic predictable mindset.

A random appreciation of what I think

China always learns from its history. Parallel is Opium Wars in China, when opium grown in Darjeeling under British India was flooded into China & the country systematically socially weakened to be divided into trading zones by British, Dutch, Germans, French, Russians, Japanese & US in 1830-60 period.

They have simply paid back. Analysis of Chinese holdings in terms of rights to develop, ownership of properties & balance of trade with European mainland prior to this event shows that Italy, Spain, Baltics, East European block countries are all overleveraged to China.

Now, a chimera has been released, formed due to recombination of virus from bats & pangolins, which has no correlation whatsoever. That the story was of Wuhan Food market, is an eyewash. Naturally, such a recombination is more than rare, but possible.

But no logical explanation comes to fore that explains a transmission from bats to pangolins or vice versa. However, input suggests release site to be the Wuhan Lab which is a Biosafety Level 4 research lab. A deliberate recombination is possible, as under Biological Weapons Convention, you can store weapons grade (read mutated) micro-organisms for research & "defensive study" purposes.

The Chinese hid the spread of virus, permitted foreign travel of millions of Chinese to Europe & US, and launched a #IAmNotAVirus campaign in Italy ... and effects are there to see.

Now, as European nations struggle to cope, Chinese have ramped up their industrial output.

If you follow events in Pakistan, their PM is resisting a lockdown in face of all pressure. And Chinese airlifted their labour to start work on CPEC now. Just to name one other instance. Extrapolate to Africa, middle east & south east asia.

And within a century, they will wipe out their "century of humiliation" without firing a shot & being greeted as heroes.
A few random points. This sounds like China engineered the entire fracas to undermine the world system dominated as it is by the US & the West, perhaps also goaded by the US China trade spat.

In that case they came dangerously close to being fried by the fire they set.

I think theirs is a case of making up things as they go along given the way they've bounced back to seize the initiative.

I don't think the rest of the world is going to be very sanguine or forgiving of China irrespective of the way China spins it courtesy 5th columnists on its payroll in every country. This would be particularly true of countries which have suffered a great deal. I think there's going to be a great deal of backlash China's going to put up with. They'd eventually get out given their clout & thick skin but not before being battered black & blue.

China may very well ramp up its production but whom are they going to export to given the rest of the world is either in a lockdown or going to be there sooner rather than later. This is also a warning to the world never to be totally dependant on 1 country for all your manufacturing. India has already announced its intention to restart the full fledged manufacturing of API's so as not to be dependant on China a few days ago. The US has just announced a similar sentiment. We're going to see a lot many such declarations in the days to come across countries & sectors.

Finally, Paxtan is a basket case. Their army is in the streets not so much to maintain discipline but to contain the fall out of what's to come out of a hopelessly creaky system, complete lack of medical facilities, trained personnel, etc There's going to be a storm out there. Make no mistake about it. And the Chinese presence there for the CPEC related projects is merely going to add fuel to the fire.

China always learns from its history. Parallel is Opium Wars in China, when opium grown in Darjeeling under British India was flooded into China & the country systematically socially weakened to be divided into trading zones by British, Dutch, Germans, French, Russians, Japanese & US in 1830-60 period.

They have simply paid back. Analysis of Chinese holdings in terms of rights to develop, ownership of properties & balance of trade with European mainland prior to this event shows that Italy, Spain, Baltics, East European block countries are all overleveraged to China.

Now, a chimera has been released, formed due to recombination of virus from bats & pangolins, which has no correlation whatsoever. That the story was of Wuhan Food market, is an eyewash. Naturally, such a recombination is more than rare, but possible.

But no logical explanation comes to fore that explains a transmission from bats to pangolins or vice versa. However, input suggests release site to be the Wuhan Lab which is a Biosafety Level 4 research lab. A deliberate recombination is possible, as under Biological Weapons Convention, you can store weapons grade (read mutated) micro-organisms for research & "defensive study" purposes.

The Chinese hid the spread of virus, permitted foreign travel of millions of Chinese to Europe & US, and launched a #IAmNotAVirus campaign in Italy ... and effects are there to see.

If you follow events in Pakistan, their PM is resisting a lockdown in face of all pressure. And Chinese airlifted their labour to start work on CPEC now. Just to name one other instance. Extrapolate to Africa, middle east & south east asia.

And within a century, they will wipe out their "century of humiliation" without firing a shot & being greeted as heroes.
These viruses were released sometime during the Wuhan military games in which military athletes from all over the world took part. Towards mid Oct. And it has spread frm there. Chinese have bought all the shares of most US/European companies operating in China at the rate of peanuts. Once they come out of covid, they will will be sitting on a bonanza. While the US & European companies will go bankrupt during this period.

Few questions, If China designed all this how come they had massive number of infections? To make it look organic? But they could very well start it in Europe, who would have traced it?

Their manufacturing is devastated in already slowing down economy, why would they do that? If focus was export this massive setback is going to take whole world into recession or atleast 2years back. How will China boost it's economy by exports that time?

Also the massive anger against "Made in China" now. Those videos of dogs and snakes being boiled alive they create immense hatred towards not just China but Chinese too. They are going to face next level of racism all across the world. With virus tag hanging over products I don't know how many people will be comfortable buying anything Chinese. Not to mention world going to make China pay for this once this is over.

Also the numbers coming out of China can't be trusted, it could be organic outbreak instead of conspiracy theories.

China's growth story is over sir. Almost every nation is now realizing how wrong it is to be dependent on China for everything and they won't mind paying a bit extra to diversify the source.

If the Chinese did indeed engineer all this as @Falcon is suggesting, then IMHO they overplayed their cards since the backlash is going to be severe. the resentment against China across the world is pretty intense and growing. China is nervous hence they have activated their assets in the media the world over and on SM to downplay and do damage control. Irrespective of how this plays out, this isn't gonna end well for China or the CCP.

Really? Not what I am seeing. Not from the remote sensing data anyway. Chinese govt are to be treated as liars by default when no correlation for claims are available....and others will increasingly have to have some degree of worst case scenario as the operating response till actual credible information arrives.

Something every country in the world will now have to learn the hard way.

a) US was not stuck with forced 3 trillion liability of a superior power because of its internal overcapacity (through reckless state investment lever) and gross subsidy lever due to a global system it never paid into. US simply was something, and China bends the knee to it in exchange for use of USD to increase time between "oh crap" things like the cultural revolution and tianenmen that severely test and challenge its autocratic set up.

b) China just did IRREPARABLE damage to its already low soft power. US had immense reserves of that coming out of WW2. It is why China does zilch about dropping the USD....or even challenging it as the one sole currency for trade.

c) Chinese govt is thoroughly worthless one...having gone all in with autocracy and near absolute mistrust in its own people. This is the beginning of the end for them. The wechat video logs have all been archived outside. They will be flooded back in as part of the retribution along with the economic measures taken by rest of the world after this current immediate crisis is seen through.

I have never seen gentle, pleasant regular Canadians been this angry at China before....it wont dissipate for a very very long time and my hunch is the Chinese govt will give no slack and make it worse with time....because it has a very simplistic predictable mindset.

Any takers to a theory I have, that with the virus killing those who are old, the western economies struggling to cope with their growing senior citizen problem will be freed off that burden by a significant amount over the long term? And their savings will circulate back within the economy at a faster rate once it's inherited by the young and the govt.

Plus with their more established healthcare, they will be able to cope with the situation better, whereas the Chinese, who have quarantined their entire population, will not be able to kickstart their economy for a much longer period in comparison.
If the Chinese did indeed engineer all this as @Falcon is suggesting, then IMHO they overplayed their cards since the backlash is going to be severe. the resentment against China across the world is pretty intense and growing. China is nervous hence they have activated their assets in the media the world over and on SM to downplay and do damage control. Irrespective of how this plays out, this isn't gonna end well for China or the CCP.

Their attempts to shift the blame on someone else was already laughable, the one about American troops bringing the virus into China.

I'm afraid we don't have that luxury. 1000 cases a day will deluge the system. The West did it coz they have robust healthcare networks in place apart from skilled healthcare workers, a sound base in R& D as well as world renowned Pharma giants. Arguably this was why they've decided to balance precaution with running the economy. Yet, look at how Italy & Spain turned out ? Let's not even talk about France Ger, UK & the US. The situation there would get worse before they get better.

In India's case , our bureaucracy, incompetence, corruption apart from sheer lack of skilled healthcare workers, desired equipment, generally poor conditions of hospitals & other such centres, general lack of hygiene, apathy all around, lack of financial resources, etc will be severely exposed the day this gets into a community spread phase or Stage 3 . We're already seeing limited signs of it in some places.

In retrospect the lockdown has come a week too late. However, we need to persist with it beyond 15th April. For 1 full month. It'd take a terrible toll on the contract worker, the daily labourer, the farm labourer, the agricultural sector, the MSME sector, etc. One can extend this to the homeless, the poor, the sick, the terminally ill too, the aged, etc. They'd be put thru a whole lot of inconveniences . Some of them may not even make it to the other side & their deaths would not be attributed to the Wuhan Virus.

But this is a war. And a war calls for difficult choices to be made. We can't prioritise everything. The bottom line is Jaan hain to Jahaan hain.
No Sir. I respectfully disagree. US has just 2.8 beds for 1000 people and India has 0.7. If US can handle current rate of 10000 new cases per day, India can comfortably handle a lot more than 1000. Government is preparing 60-70000 dedicated beds for this purpose that means the total cases by that time should have reached 700000.
Indian system is inefficient, but when it comes to emergency Indian babus will work 24 X 7. That doesn’t happen in west. Contrary to popular perception, US has a pathetic record of handling emergencies. Remember the hurricane of 2005? It took many days for the government to even provide basic relief or start evacuation. Where as even a poor state like Odisha evacuated millions before the cyclone stuck.
As I mentioned earlier, even today there are not enough test kits in Bay Area. Health care in US is completely broken and is no way capable of handling a huge surge in emergency cases. Last week my kid had an infection in her finger and no doctor was available in emergency care !! I hope that gives you an idea about the medical system over here.

As far as lockdown is concerned, I don’t think it would have been wise to start a week back. The biggest issue with lockdown is human fatigue. We are into third week of lockdown and we are highly frustrated. Even though the number of cases in Santa Clara county (2 million population) is more than whole India, I feel like going out just to get some fresh air.
In India more than 3 weeks of lockdown is impossible to enforce and I think government did it at perfect time. Now it’s upto general public to control their stupidity.

Any takers to a theory I have, that with the virus killing those who are old, the western economies struggling to cope with their growing senior citizen problem will be freed off that burden by a significant amount over the long term? And their savings will circulate back within the economy at a faster rate once it's inherited by the young and the govt.

Plus with their more established healthcare, they will be able to cope with the situation better, whereas the Chinese, who have quarantined their entire population, will not be able to kickstart their economy for a much longer period in comparison.

Their attempts to shift the blame on someone else was already laughable, the one about American troops bringing the virus into China.
Italy’s population is 6 crores and 46% of them are old. How much difference few thousand extra deaths is going to make ??

Italy’s population is 6 crores and 46% of them are old. How much difference few thousand extra deaths is going to make ??
@randomradio

I think this is a treasure trove of information. If I were in your place, I'd start learning Italian already. Excellent prospects await you there & Italian chicks are hot.

This is merely the beginning.

By the end you can expect at least 2 or 3 crore of their pop to be affected.

@randomradio

I think this is a treasure trove of information. If I were in your place, I'd start learning Italian already. Excellent prospects await you there & Italian chicks are hot.

I don't see the relation with 46% old people and hot chicks. Please enlighten me.

Are you suggesting I should pick up a hot Italian chick with a rich but dying grandpappy with only one grandchild?

I will only say this much :
Parallel between post WW2 USA and current China are grossly over-stated.

Neither the "war" is over, nor China has decisively won. Let me remind the folks of 1918's pandemic. It had a relatively mild infection in spring followed by a devastating Winter/fall 2nd wave.

And, oh, also one more thing, Belt and Road is becoming the albatross across Chinese neck.

Reactions: Paro
I don't see the relation with 46% old people and hot chicks. Please enlighten me.

Are you suggesting I should pick up a hot Italian chick with a rich but dying grandpappy with only one grandchild?
In a way, yes. But along with the old, there will be casualties in other age groups as well plus the long term damage the Wuhan Virus wroughts in those effected.

There will definitely be a shortage of skilled workers there. Thats your chance. There's also a slim chance that some very weathy 60 year old Dame may have just turned widow looking for a companion. You've heard of sugar daddies. Pls meet sugar mommies.