Sukhoi Su-30MKI

and chinese who also buy from russia wont get to know about it? I bet bribing a few russian officials is good enuf to know what the transaction was all about.

As long as some time is bought for the weapons to become operational it's enough.

We are looking at a pause of around minimum 8 months in the production line of Su30MKI of HAL. Restarting the production for just 12 aircrafts also increases the costs incurred in procurement.

• Informative
Reactions: Sathya
We are looking at a pause of around minimum 8 months in the production line of Su30MKI of HAL. Restarting the production for just 12 aircrafts also increases the costs incurred in procurement.

Article states 1/3 cost for additional equipment & sorting out old issues.

BTW without this order, ideal factory also lose money right?

It's a loss - loss scenario anyways.

Better to make additional Su or Convert to make tejas..

What is the defence budget of USA & what is the defence budget of India? How much is the capital budget of IAF? Do you think USA is desperate for India to buy their weapons and get some $$$?

China is on the borders and killed 20 soldiers in brutally.....at least at this moment, PLEASE wake-up and smell some coffee....

India is not buying American strategic weapons because India does not have the military strength to face Chinese actions (Chinese do not like American weapons near it's borders).......India just want to keep China in good humour........but obviously, that strategy did not work.......Please do not make a virtue out of inability.

USA will loose nothing if India buys zero weapons from them.......
Ur logic is a joke.both f16 and hornets failed to pass IAF's requirements back in mmrca days and even now the so called f21 is just lipstick on a pig while super hornet shows some promise rafale already has huge advantage over it interms of infra,training,maintenance and weapons etc.yeah and if billions of dollars are nothing to US companies why does USG keeps pushing india to buy their equipments?

Reactions: Chain Smoker
Ed0e7CHU0AEB2rl

Reactions: Hydra
“However good your aircraft and weapon systems are, never, ever believe that your adversary is weak. Respect them, prepare for them.”

Wing Commander B.N. Unnikrishnan (retired), the IAF’s first Su-30 squadron commander, in conversation with Sandeep Unnithan
Most of the indian keyboard warriors in defense forums doesn't know this simple fundamental rule. For them.pakistan is weak, their airforce is shit, now chinese are also useless weak. Someone even coined some weird theory that chinese equipments are tested in battle field hence it will be destroyed in a the war with india.
Glad that USA is not bullying us, or else we would call them also weak.

Reactions: Jaymax
I
F-16.net verified su-30 kill. Rest in peace su-30. Licensed to kill!

F-16.net verified su-30 kill. Rest in peace su-30. Licensed to kill!
Okay, now go to sleep.
Most of the indian keyboard warriors in defense forums doesn't know this simple fundamental rule. For them.pakistan is weak, their airforce is shit, now chinese are also useless weak. Someone even coined some weird theory that chinese equipments are tested in battle field hence it will be destroyed in a the war with india.
Glad that USA is not bullying us, or else we would call them also weak.
So lets say I make you PLAAF commander, how you achieve air superiority in Ladakh and allow ground forces to capture whole Shyok?

It is wrong to overestimate yourself, but it is much more wrong to underestimate yourself. The morale of the whole general population starts to go down when you accept that.

For them.pakistan is weak, their airforce is shit, now chinese are also useless weak. Someone even coined some weird theory that chinese equipments are tested in battle field hence it will be destroyed in a the war with india.
If you ask me, I will rate PAF more potent than PLAAF. They fly well tested and battle proven fighters and armaments. PLAAF has a bucket load of untested platforms and missiles. Its an unknown and it has lots of propaganda going for itself.

Reactions: Chain Smoker
If you ask me, I will rate PAF more potent than PLAAF. They fly well tested and battle proven fighters and armaments. PLAAF has a bucket load of untested platforms and missiles. Its an unknown and it has lots of propaganda going for itself.
So untested means, bad?

Unknow, doubtful, unproven.

Plus all the details that keep on emerging tells a story of systems with too many faults. Like J-20 still missing its engine. So on and so forth.
Man unknown, doesn't means that bad. Logically speaking an army with monstrous military budget wont induct a mediocre weaoons.
And for your info j20 do have an engine, a russian engine.

Man unknown, doesn't means that bad.
Who said "bad"? And what is "bad"?

Logically speaking an army with monstrous military budget wont induct a mediocre weaoons.
That depends on way too many things. For instance, maturity and responsibility of own MIC and maturity of MIC ready to export you the weapons.

Consider Pakistan and India : Pakistan has till very recently always depended upon American and European weapon systems. And they worked very well for them. PAF has always fielded better platform and weapons than financially stronger IAF. Rafael will be the first platform to really challenge their F-16s. PA's rifles work and their magazines did not crack due to cold weather unlike IA. There are too many such examples.

Coming back to China, where they get their weapons from? From companies who don't have to face any competition at home. Have an assured support of CPC. Or Russia.

Now tell me, why should their weapons and platforms not doubted.

Dont feed him,,, Pakistanis want to live in their la la land,,,, and whatever you do they not going to come out from there.

In PDF, people talking about capturing Siachen by Dec, ohh man, So its waste of time.
Feb 27 discussion in SU 30 thread ...nice, ISPR still paying for trolls :unsure:

Who said "bad"? And what is "bad"?

That depends on way too many things. For instance, maturity and responsibility of own MIC and maturity of MIC ready to export you the weapons.

Consider Pakistan and India : Pakistan has till very recently always depended upon American and European weapon systems. And they worked very well for them. PAF has always fielded better platform and weapons than financially stronger IAF. Rafael will be the first platform to really challenge their F-16s. PA's rifles work and their magazines did not crack due to cold weather unlike IA. There are too many such examples.

Coming back to China, where they get their weapons from? From companies who don't have to face any competition at home. Have an assured support of CPC. Or Russia.

Now tell me, why should their weapons and platforms not doubted.
In this reply itself, Your first line contradicts the last line.
Feb 27 discussion in SU 30 thread ...nice, ISPR still paying for trolls :unsure:
Why not? Mki was involved in feb27 incident.

In this reply itself, Your first line contradicts the last line.
"Doubted" and "bad" are not same thing. Infact, what is "bad"? Doubt means doubting the capability, which I am doing because Chinese platforms and weapns are not battle tested.

But what do you mean by "bad" here? I am asking you because you wanted me to say if it is bad or not.