Sukhoi Su-30MKI

Man unknown, doesn't means that bad. Logically speaking an army with monstrous military budget wont induct a mediocre weaoons.
And for your info j20 do have an engine, a russian engine.
What kind of logic is that.

We have same budget as of Russia. And where is russia , and where is us.

Also if you want to compare weapon system , and weapon industrial complex of china, they are not even close to Russia, leave alone getting close to west.

So if you want to believe they are ahead of Russia, or even us. Then you litterally living in la la land.

Reactions: Chain Smoker
Russian engines which are neither stealthy nor fifth gen. J-20 is supposed to be a fifth gen stealth platform.
J 20 is not even near 5th gen , its LO 4th gen, not even 4.5 gen.

By having stealth capability doesnt make you 5th gen. And even our AMCA will be LO 4.5 gen.

By having stealth capability doesnt make you 5th gen. And even our AMCA will be LO 4.5 gen.
Fifth gen (NATO/US) is Stealth, Sensor fusion, Supermanuverbility and Supercruise at the minimum. With new variants of AL-31, Stealth is surely down few notches. I don't know Supermanuverability and Supercruise.

This suggests a J-20B going into production with Russian engines and a TVC. One can only guess how much manuverability they will be able to get out of shoehorning a TVC on a Russian engine which does not has one by default.

Last edited:
Fifth gen (NATO/US) is Stealth, Sensor fusion, Supermanuverbility and Supercruise at the minimum. With AL-41, Stealth is surely down few notches. I don't know Supermanuverability and Supercruise.
These are all 4.5 gen techs. And supermanuverability & supercruise is debatable, aircrafts like Tempest are true 5th gen, 5th gen + aircrafts.

Russian engines which are neither stealthy nor fifth gen. J-20 is supposed to be a fifth gen stealth platform.
Neither gef414 too.

Have w do you know that, did you or any one else outside china has evaluated it? Dont bring dhanoa's claim. He doesn't even know wether j20 was having luneberg lens at that point of time or not.

Neither gef414 too.

Have w do you know that, did you or any one else outside china has evaluated it? Dont bring dhanoa's claim. He doesn't even know wether j20 was having luneberg lens at that point of time or not.
Does that mean,you evaluated it to claim it 5th gen? Are you bringing CPC and Xi's claim? Why I believe that? Does they know what 5th gen techs are?

What kind of logic is that.

We have same budget as of Russia. And where is russia , and where is us.

Also if you want to compare weapon system , and weapon industrial complex of china, they are not even close to Russia, leave alone getting close to west.

So if you want to believe they are ahead of Russia, or even us. Then you litterally living in la la land.
I am sure that they are way behing USA, against rusdia its a grey area, russian defense induastry was ignored fir the past 39 tears or so & chinese were developing it quietly for the last 3 decades by stealing & by hiring & by buying.
They are way ahead if us, wether chinese are ahead of russia or usa is doesn't matter to India.

I am sure that they are way behing USA, against rusdia its a grey area, russian defense induastry was ignored fir the past 39 tears or so & chinese were developing it quietly for the last 3 decades by stealing & by hiring & by buying.
They are way ahead if us, wether chinese are ahead of russia or usa is doesn't matter to India.
Let me know when they stop buying Su 35 and S400,

Let me know when they build similar SSGN like of Yesen, then we talk about grey area.

Neither gef414 too.
Indeed. But then no Indian Fifth gen fighter is flying right now. Heck not even a prototype has been built.

In forseeable future, no Indian stealthy or Low observable fighter will enter service. Only after 2060 or so, you can expect a decent number of AMCA to be flying. Ironically ... its a good thing. We will likely get imported and proven fighters. Even if it comes at a price.

And as for us , let me know when chinese develop Arudhara type radars.

Let me know when they develop similar solutions. It's not our fault that we can create JV with anyone, while chinese are limited.

Does that mean,you evaluated it to claim it 5th gen? Are you bringing CPC and Xi's claim? Why I believe that? Does they know what 5th gen techs are?
I have already said this earlier, no military with money will induct a junk equipment, they claimed it as a gen5. You need to believe it and prepare for that. Nothing like we should undermine it enjoy whisky in our couch. Hundreds of twitterianss even quedtion saurav jha and all when they saind about LAC incursions, it took galwan incident to happen for them.to beleive all those, do you want to reoeat the same thing with j20.
For me its a stealth aircraft, and its a real threat for our mki fleet and probably to rafale, even our future s400 too be challenged. I have my own.reason to beleive chinese on j20, they have decent r&d with money.

I have already said this earlier, no military with money will induct a junk equipment, they claimed it as a gen5.
A certain country like India does it. Quite often. During Gulf war, a certain Iraq even with a hell lot of oil wealth inducted Russian Junk. It was an eye opener for many countries that how easily that junk was kicked around.

I have already said this earlier, no military with money will induct a junk equipment, they claimed it as a gen5. You need to believe it and prepare for that. Nothing like we should undermine it enjoy whisky in our couch. Hundreds of twitterianss even quedtion saurav jha and all when they saind about LAC incursions, it took galwan incident to happen for them.to beleive all those, do you want to reoeat the same thing with j20.
For me its a stealth aircraft, and its a real threat for our mki fleet and probably to rafale, even our future s400 too be challenged. I have my own.reason to beleive chinese on j20, they have decent r&d with money.
Again why I believe that? When you are not ready to believe indian claims or mine? Why I believe a word Chinese says, just why? You now contradicting yourself, you dont ready to believe anyone, and ready to believe whatever chinese say.

And this is even more illogical to say because of there high budget, J20 is cutting edge. It is so much idiotic.

Okey if you can show me a good assessment from west , I believe it. But I am saying good, not like Think tank churn out reports to claim more budget.

And as for us , let me know when chinese develop Arudhara type radars.

Let me know when they develop similar solutions. It's not our fault that we can create JV with anyone, while chinese are limited.

Let me know when we have developed MW tonne hydrogen bombe, let me know when we have developed long march type behemoth lauch system? When we have developed a armed drone like wing loong2? When we have developed bomber like H8? When we have developed an awacs like kj200?
Your arguments may work against pakistan to undermine their missiles by pointing out our space launch systems. But it will not worl against chinese, they have tonnes of engineering achievements compares to india.

Let me know when we have developed MW tonne hydrogen bombe, let me know when we have developed long march type behemoth lauch system? When we have developed a armed drone like wing loong2? When we have developed bomber like H8? When we have developed an awacs like kj200?
Your arguments may work against pakistan to undermine their missiles by pointing out our space launch systems. But it will not worl against chinese, they have tonnes of engineering achievements compares to india.
Maybe we already developed hydrogen bomb? You thinking we still depend on 1999 test results. C mon man, let's not go there. When we are ready to reveal , we reveal.

A certain country like India does it. Quite often. During Gulf war, a certain Iraq even with a hell lot of oil wealth inducted Russian Junk. It was an eye opener for many countries that how easily that junk was kicked around.
Ok i can show another example, the f15. USA designed F15 by anticipating mig25 capabilities, they designed f15 with high performance parameters and turned out to be the deadliest aircraft ever created. Mig25 capabilities was a grey area back then, if americans thinks like the way you & others here we may not see an aircraft like f15. Thats the right way to deal with enemy platforms

As for engineering challenges in various weapon system, obviously they are ahead of us.

But let's not get carried away, we also developed AESA based AEW&CS, which china is nowhere near close.

They are ahead in some techs doesnt mean they overwhelmed us, and it be very hard to overwhelm us.

Maybe we already developed hydrogen bomb? You thinking we still depend on 1999 test results. C mon man, let's not go there. When we are ready to reveal , we reveal.
It could be. But asper your criteria on j29 evaluation you should not beleive on our H bomb capability. Since west are not evaluated it, and asper west 1999 H bomb test was dud & only A bomb is worked fine over there.
As for engineering challenges in various weapon system, obviously they are ahead of us.

But let's not get carried away, we also developed AESA based AEW&CS, which china is nowhere near close.

They are ahead in some techs doesnt mean they overwhelmed us, and it be very hard to overwhelm us.
Its easy to overwhelming India as of now.