United States Military Aviation

For all the mockery the j-20 gets its RCS is somewhere near 0.01-0.1 sqm RCS at worst. That is good enough for the j-20 to get close enough to fire it's pl-15 on a superhornet or E-3. The question is whether the Americans can reliably detect the j-20 without using radars like the Rafale does.
The passive capabilities of an AEW are well in excess of those of a Rafale. Not to mention those of 800+ F-35s, and there are space-borne radar systems too. As regards a J-20 getting close enough, I'm not convinced.

The passive capabilities of an AEW are well in excess of those of a Rafale. Not to mention those of 800+ F-35s, and there are space-borne radar systems too. As regards a J-20 getting close enough, I'm not convinced.
The problem is only the f-35's can do that what the Rafale does. Majority of the western hardware facing China will be made of f-2's, F-15's and super hornets which use much more conventional means of detection. J-20 needs to just get withing 100-150 km range to fire at something. Obviously the f-35 will win. But non-f-35 aircrafts will be at massive danger. Same is true for india aircrafts. Except for Rafale which still has 4.5 gen weaknesses although it's survivability is increased due to spectra. The j-20 will have the first shot advantage. Unless the pl-15 is overhyped pos. Which I don't think is the case. This would have been true pre-2020. But we have seen massive batch improvements in design of j-20 itself and I suppose same is true for their pl-15's.

The problem is only the f-35's can do that what the Rafale does. Majority of the western hardware facing China will be made of f-2's, F-15's and super hornets which use much more conventional means of detection. J-20 needs to just get withing 100-150 km range to fire at something. Obviously the f-35 will win. But non-f-35 aircrafts will be at massive danger. Same is true for india aircrafts. Except for Rafale which still has 4.5 gen weaknesses although it's survivability is increased due to spectra. The j-20 will have the first shot advantage. Unless the pl-15 is overhyped pos. Which I don't think is the case. This would have been true pre-2020. But we have seen massive batch improvements in design of j-20 itself and I suppose same is true for their pl-15's.
There are about 100 J-20s, and there are over 1,000 F-35s and F-22s in the USAF/USN alone, then you have other F-35s in the rest of NATO. Not to mention F-15EXs that arguably have the best radar and EA-18Gs that will jam the crap out of the J-20s. So yeah, the J-20 will have the first shot advantage after it has achieved a better than 10:1 kill ratio against the best trained pilots in the world all flying stealth aircraft.

The problem is only the f-35's can do that what the Rafale does.

Lol. Rafale can't do what the F-35 can do.
Majority of the western hardware facing China will be made of f-2's, F-15's and super hornets which use much more conventional means of detection. J-20 needs to just get withing 100-150 km range to fire at something. Obviously the f-35 will win. But non-f-35 aircrafts will be at massive danger.

VAST majority of chicom air force consist of flankers and J-10s with a handful of squadrons of J-20s. Question is what is the MCR of the J-20? How many J-20s can chicoms send pulling squadrons from other regions? What's going to happen to chicom airbases near Taiwan the moment china attacks? Taiwan has offensive capabilities unlike Ukraine. Taiwan cruise missiles can hit deep inside Eastern china.

J-20s capabilities don't come close to current F-18E's and F-15C/E situational awareness and sensor fusion. J-20 pilots will be flying blind being jammed by E-2Ds, F-18G, F-18E, F-15Es, F-22s, F-35As and F-35Bs. US is going to have superiority in the battlespace picture which is thee most important part in a conflict under high-tech conditions.

Same is true for india aircrafts. Except for Rafale which still has 4.5 gen weaknesses although it's survivability is increased due to spectra. The j-20 will have the first shot advantage. Unless the pl-15 is overhyped pos. Which I don't think is the case. This would have been true pre-2020. But we have seen massive batch improvements in design of j-20 itself and I suppose same is true for their pl-15's.

Spectra is nothing special. An F-16 with EW pod has the same or better capability than Rafale when it comes to EW.

• Haha
Reactions: Lolwa and BMD

Central to this A-10 enhancement effort is a plan for the integration of the ADM-160 Miniature Air-Launched Decoy (MALD), and the GBU-39/B Small Diameter Bomb (SDB), a 250-pound-class precision-guided bomb that can glide dozens of miles to strike its target. Testers are also looking at adding the AGM-158 Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile (JASSM) further down the road. “No one wants to spend billions of dollars on the A-10,” Vincent explains, “but if we can find ways to add capability and make platforms more survivable and more effective, then we are going to do this the best we can.”

1660147059048.png

1660147068763.png

Reactions: Innominate

The big headline for R1 is that it prepares the Raptor for JATM – the secretive new AIM-260 Joint Air Tactical Missile, designed to give U.S. fighters a new edge in air combat. “We are in the middle of getting ready for live-fire tests this summer, part of a huge joint test effort between the operational testers at Nellis, and the developmental testers at Edwards AFB, California. The JATM program is completely dependent on RACR-standard, and the F-22 needs R1 and R2 – to an extent – to shoot JATM. That’s everything from integrating the missile into our software, the indications we see in the cockpit, the information we can share with the missile, and the way we interact with the missile from a targeting perspective. There’s a lot of new technology in JATM that is much more advanced than our current [AIM-120 AMRAAM] missile’s technology.”

Screenshot_20220817_083807.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: BMD

B-21 Bomber Delivers Pentagon Surprise: It’s Under Budget So Far​

• Air Force devotes savings to reducing technical risks later
  • Northrop Grumman won bomber contract over Lockheed-Boeing
Artist rendering of  B-21 bomber