Transport Helicopters of IAF - CH-47F Chinook, Mi-17v-5, Dhruv ALH etc.

1800m ... jeez m2 HMG without optics, I doubt if anyone can even identify a target over 800m.

They've been spotted with Aimpoint MPS3 before, seems to be removed here for some reason.

E0O-Yk6UUAUiZFp

FKQD-WFVkAMlUkF

Reactions: Sathya and Ashwin
Similarly, the IAF has also been told to look for helicopters from HAL stable when they demanded more US manufactured Chinooks. As of now, IAF has 15 of them.

I don't know how accurate this report is. But this show the incompetence in the circle which approves our defence purchase.

HAL as of today doesn't even have a Mi17 alternative and the guys at PMO/FM/MOD are saying go buy from HAL a Chinook alternative?

Has the Prime Minister been bringing high quality afeem from his foreign trips ?

I don't know how accurate this report is. But this show the incompetence in the circle which approves our defence purchase.

HAL as of today doesn't even have a Mi17 alternative and the guys at PMO/FM/MOD are saying go buy from HAL a Chinook alternative?

Has the Prime Minister been bringing high quality afeem from his foreign trips ?

Forces are being told to prioritise indigenous equipment first so as to support the industry, plus make the govt look good. Imports can come in later, ie, after elections, the reason for making the govt look good. Gotta save forex too.

Reactions: jetray
Forces are being told to prioritise indigenous equipment first so as to support the industry, plus make the govt look good. Imports can come in later, ie, after elections, the reason for making the govt look good. Gotta save forex too.
We need support our local industry irrespective of elections or no elections. Its just we shouldnt end up pampering our white elephant public sectors.

• Agree
Reactions: Bali78