Transport Aircraft of IAF - C-130J, C-17 Globemaster, C295: Updates & Discussions

D-J2zkgU4AAEF0m.jpg

D-J206rUwAAZnIU.jpg

D-NOpvrWsAA1ypy.jpg

Reactions: R!cK
Been looking through some old C-17 footage. Found these gems :

After the end of OP Maitri in Nepal. It seems some mil spec comms. systems were deployed in Nepal too. I actually know someone who was deployed in that OP, he is an IAF ground staff(maintenance crew) attached to the C-17 fleet.

IAF C-17 Globemaster Aircraft lands at Mechuka Advance Landing Ground, Arunachal Pradesh on 02 Nov 2016, thereby validating its short field landing performance at a high altitude. The moment when it comes in and the dust cloud kicks up, that looked so badass.

2 IAF C-17 Globemaster III stopped over before continuing on to Alaska for Red Flag 2016 on May 10th 2016

Flights : IFC1516 & IFC1616
Callsigns : INDIA FOXTROT CHARLIE 1516 Heavy & INDIA FOXTROT CHARLIE 1616 Heavy
Airport : Montreal's Pierre Elliot Trudeau Intl airport - YUL/CYUL
Origin : Barcelona–El Prat Airport
Route : ??-BCN-YUL

I wonder when will this reach SP stage. The Avros are due to be retired any time now. OTOH we can see this in SP stage only in the 2030's .
Avros are turboprop powered and would probably require a turboprop aircraft as a replacement. This one here, if true, might serve the lower end of our logistics more efficiently than a turboprop and cheaply compared to a C-17. Ther is a space there for such an aircraft, assuming it doesn't come with all the problems of the previous version that caused the JV to collapse at least officially.
Just my two cents.

MTA is dead, UAC is funding it fully. Both sides confirmed it.
What explains the HAL logo at the bottom of the poster ? One corporate cannot use another corporate's logo with out explicit permission, can they ? Why would HAL want to be associated to a project they backed out of ? Future license building opportunity ?
C295 has nothing to do with MTA project.
Agreed.

What explains the HAL logo at the bottom of the poster ? One corporate cannot use another corporate's logo with out explicit permission, can they ? Why would HAL want to be associated to a project they backed out of ? Future license building opportunity ?
Nothing to explain. They showed the same stuff multiple times. They didn't care to change it. A separate company was formed which may still exist. It's in their interest to get customers. They will definitely try again.

C295 is not in the category of 20ton MTA. And so is unrelated.

We are as usual doing too long negotiations for finances in c295 deal. Airbus has agreed to most of our demands it seems, but lets see. Hopefully it will be signed soon.

As for MTA, HAL or India is not putting any resources in it as of now for sure.

What does MTS means????
MTS stands for Multi-role Transport System. Russian designation for the MTA.
Also isn't MTA/MTS in the same class as the C130?
Weight class ? Yes.
But the MTA/MTS promises to offer better payload capacity than a C-130J. Also being a turbofan powered aircraft means the MTA/MTS will offer better range and more fuel efficiency. But them if the engine is Russian, efficiency is out of the window.

Reactions: GuardianRED
Reactions: GuardianRED
Sign ho gaya ? I thought we were still doing price negotiations.

Team was at it last I recollect (month back). Didn't pay much attention to the details although they were mentioned. Sorry, just can not recollect the specifics.