Transport Aircraft of IAF - C-130J, C-17 Globemaster, C295: Updates & Discussions

This is interesting.
@vstol Jockey @Falcon @_Anonymous_ @Ashwin et al.

Fuel tank transport

TLMAL is also looking at building Bulk Fuel Tank Transport (BFTT) to transport fuel or oil (up to 5,000 gallons) for vehicles through C130 J at times of medical emergencies or natural disasters. This is the first design and build programme in India by the private sector. There is demand in India, Africa, Indonesia, Canada and Netherlands. The first prototype will be ready by February-March 2020.

The company will talk to the Indian Air Force as they have 12 aircraft. The company is also providing maintenance support for C130 J.

Going forward, TLMAL is also looking at structural repair, electronics, system and integration repair and harnesses for not only Indian Air Force but for the global defence forces.

Source : Tata Lockheed to be ready with F16 wings by October 2020

@Ashwin @randomradio @_Anonymous_ et al.

1575805749782.png

1575805767364.png

1575805778235.png

I thought NETRAs being infinitely inferior are totally out of the scheme. Which illiterate tweeter have you quoted?
Inferior to what ? A-50 PHALCON or the up coming DRDO AWACS ? Then yes it is inferior. But then A-50s are expensive and has almost no domestic components and the DRDO AWACS will take time.

Ideally I would've liked us to field only the DRDO AWACS. That would leave a lot of gaps in our defences in the short term. So we are left with the A-50 and the NETRA as the only 2 options in the short term. NETRA is cheaper of the two and has far more domestic components, that makes it a good option to field in numbers.

The only doubt I had was because of the blacklisting of Embraer. My doubts weren't unfounded given how DRDO is looking for a new platform for mounting the radar.

IAF Il-78MKI (tail number : RK3454) aerial refueling aircraft dumping flares. This is technically a transport aircraft right ? Its transporting fuel.

1577594006003.png

And for this purpose only we had brought these aircrafts, i.e. to take photos. We will never use this aircraft ever in war because there waon't be any war. China will serve us with cheap mobile phones after every Doklam and Pakistan will feed us Lahori Briyani after every Pulwama. And we are happy lalas. Biwi Khush bache khush, Job mil gayi let's watch Kapil Sharma show.

And for this purpose only we had brought these aircrafts, i.e. to take photos. We will never use this aircraft ever in war because there waon't be any war. China will serve us with cheap mobile phones after every Doklam and Pakistan will feed us Lahori Briyani after every Pulwama. And we are happy lalas. Biwi Khush bache khush, Job mil gayi let's watch Kapil Sharma show.
Is this your rant for the day ?

Is this your rant for the day ?

What is the use of this aircraft, I don't understand till now. We are not sending troops to any where. And if you want to use it in floods and logistics, there were many other cheaper options.

Give me one good reason to have this aircraft.

What is the use of this aircraft, I don't understand till now. We are not sending troops to any where. And if you want to use it in floods and logistics, there were many other cheaper options.

Give me one good reason to have this aircraft.
What's the point of doing anything. In the end we are all going to die anyway. Give me one good reason not to be lazy.