Sukhoi Su-30MKI

Are you incapable of understanding simple sentences? Where did he refer MKI as old aircraft?
Did I said that he told MKI is an old aircraft? Show me?
You don't need to be rocket scientist to understand this,an aircraft inducted late 90s is an old airframe. Yeah we have stretched it's production to 2020, don't expect IAF to re-engine those recent batches.

Did I said that he told MKI is an old aircraft? Show me?
Here:

Thats the reason for no new engines on mki.
You don't need to be rocket scientist to understand this,an aircraft inducted late 90s is an old airframe. Yeah we have stretched it's production to 2020, don't expect IAF to re-engine those recent batches.
MKI is from the early 2000's just like rafale. two decade of life is left on those airfrances.

Here:

MKI is from the early 2000's just like rafale. two decade of life is left on those airfrances.
MIg 27 was inducted with IAF in mid 80s, and upgradation started in 2006,roughly after 30 years.
By that standard, most of the MKI is old or getting old except recent batches.

MIg 27 was inducted with IAF in mid 80s, and upgradation started in 2006,roughly after 30 years.

Old in the sense, other countries have retired..
Only we were using it.
Re engining will be expensive, certification & other modifications we ll have bear the risks.
And time consuming.

But I am sure, we ll retire atleast good portion of su 30 squad without even upgrading, going by our speed to make a deal.

Old in the sense, other countries have retired..
Only we were using it.
Re engining will be expensive, certification & other modifications we ll have bear the risks.
And time consuming.

But I am sure, we ll retire atleast good portion of su 30 squad without even upgrading, going by our speed to make a deal.
Apart from what you've addressed in your post , MiG-27 had a poor airframe life in part due to its swing wing role which usually is maintenance intensive more so for a Russian aircraft & which like it's predecessor the MiG-23 from which it was derived had design issues from it's very beginning which weren't adequately solved till the end .

Towards the end of its life , it further developed structural problems apart from engine troubles which finally led IAF to conclude it was best to retire the aircraft & consign the ground attack role to the Jaguars.

@Milspec would be able to elaborate on this topic better.

Reactions: Sathya and Ashwin
Newer he generation airframes have better life.
Mirages and Mig-29s were inducted in early 80s which will serve till early 2030s. MKIs inducted in early 2000s will serve till late 2040s.

Apart from what you've addressed in your post , MiG-27 had a poor airframe life in part due to its swing wing role which usually is maintenance intensive more so for a Russian aircraft & which like it's predecessor the MiG-23 from which it was derived had design issues from it's very beginning which weren't adequately solved till the end .

Towards the end of its life , it further developed structural problems apart from engine troubles which finally led IAF to conclude it was best to retire the aircraft & consign the ground attack role to the Jaguars.

@Milspec would be able to elaborate on this topic better.
Mig27 was cheap, supposed to be robust ground attack aircraft. Its swing-wing highlight is past it's value as that ability is quite well adapted by the better aerodynamic function of modern aircraft.

Mig23 was more of a stopgap, Mig27's I am not sure why they were bought in the first place. It took IAF good three decades to understand the value of multi-role which Pakistanis understood from day one of F16 induction.

I am still a big proponent of the conversion program for mothballed 23/27/21 into attack drones. With the development of cheap controllers, it shouldn't take much for these to be utilized as loitering mega explosive drones or decoys. Imagine a real strike package of 5-8 aircrafts obscured by additional 5 Drone decoy packages of 4-6 attack drones ingressing at 6 different locations simultaneously.

It took IAF good three decades to understand the value of multi-role which Pakistanis understood from day one of F16 induction.

Jack of all trades master of none , simply wouldnt make sense for a big air force. For pakistan it makes sense as all they would do is defend their borders and their budget is small. If we want to fight china and take the war to them , that woulnt work. Bombing lhasa will not evoke any fear in china. Problem is our budget is not sufficient to meet our capability aspirations. Instead of growing our economy & industry we take the easy way out by searching for silver bullets, those bullets will neither have the punch nor have the range......... silver bullets will no doubt make excellent show pieces.

I am still a big proponent of the conversion program for mothballed 23/27/21 into attack drones. With the development of cheap controllers, it shouldn't take much for these to be utilized as loitering mega explosive drones or decoys. Imagine a real strike package of 5-8 aircrafts obscured by additional 5 Drone decoy packages of 4-6 attack drones ingressing at 6 different locations simultaneously.

Their primary use will be target practice though.

But given the history of Migs, it's more than likely to fall on top of us before we can destroy it.

I've been reading about this upgrade on different forums for the past 10 yrs & counting . In many ways , the nation ought to be grateful to the MoD for having skipped a couple of generations of upgrades in avionics & other paraphernalia they would have had to undertake were this package in whatever form implemented earlier .

It's safe to say we can still continue with the same policy & retire the said FA without any upgrades beginning in a decade or so thus saving our nation valuable money .

I've been reading about this upgrade on different forums for the past 10 yrs & counting . In many ways , the nation ought to be grateful to the MoD for having skipped a couple of generations of upgrades in avionics & other paraphernalia they would have had to undertake were this package in whatever form implemented earlier .

It's safe to say we can still continue with the same policy & retire the said FA without any upgrades beginning in a decade or so thus saving our nation valuable money .

Before we accept your proposal
Let us surrender Kashmir and Arunachal to Pakistan and China and HOPE that they will let us live in peace

Wake me up the day the upgrades actually happen as opposed to Exclusive scoops on when & how it's supposed to be undertaken .

I am sure it is being done quietly
Without much fanfare

If we get it Right , and the EW suite capabilities become 90 percent of RAFALE , then we have a very good, and potent platform

I am sure it is being done quietly
Without much fanfare

If we get it Right , and the EW suite capabilities become 90 percent of RAFALE , then we have a very good, and potent platform
You know, there used to be a time, I was supportive of optimists even indulgent towards them but my experiences with them especially out here has turned me against even the slightest whiff of optimism to the point where I think they ought to be castrated & you know the best part - they won't even mind it as they're synonymous with incels.

Pls don't be an optimist. Be a realist.

You know, there used to be a time, I was supportive of optimists even indulgent towards them but my experiences with them especially out here has turned me against even the slightest whiff of optimism to the point where I think they ought to be castrated & you know the best part - they won't even mind it as they're synonymous with incels.

Pls don't be an optimist. Be a realist.

This Exercise happened in July 2019

The First Rafale landed in India in Nov 2020

It was the First time SU 30 flew in missions both with the Rafale and Against Rafale and thus IAF got a Very
Good look about what we need More
In the Su 30 , in terms of EW capabilities

Reactions: Picdelamirand-oil