S-400 'Triumf' News & Discussion

The procurement of the f-35's will most likely happen post 2025 when the j-31's are ready to be exported to pakistan.

I don't believe the Pakistanis have planned for anything until after 2030. Whatever Pak buys, it has to be way better than the Rafale F4. They can't guarantee that with J-31.

I know that these batteries are on move and not in offensive mode. But what about the s400 batteries guarding the airspace? It cant track and destroy?
Those are Buk-m2. Short range on the move systems like Pantsir-S1 or Tor should have been protecting those. Long range systems can't do much as it's in hostile territory.

Reactions: RISING SUN
GMLRS are hard to detect and maneuver when heading towards target the same goes for ATACMS. ATACMS are big but don't fly like ballistic missile unlike Tochka-U and Iskander's. S-400s have the problem firs gen Patriot missiles had in Desert Storm and that is it's hitting Tochka's in terminal phase as it breaks up and S400 being a blastfrag missile it's more than likely it's not detonating the warhead. Tochka's are responsible for a few ammo dump Booms and sinking of Russian naval ship. It also hit Belgorod airbase. Somehow Ukraine has been able to make inaccurate soviet era Tochka's to be very accurate.

This is the old cluster ATACMS which also has high G maneuverability.

Question is can Russia provide spares in the absence of chip supply? If they source from China, then the whole system will be compromised.
Both Russia and India would ensure that it won't happen. Also both India and China own SU30, but both versions are quite different. May be our S400 system is also quite different from theirs.

I don't believe they are the same.

The S-400 requirement was actually separate from the ER/XRSAM system, 'cause it's BMD capable, so it has radars and other systems specific to that role as well, not just air defence. But it works in our favour to replace the S-400 with an Indian equivalent.

Anyway...

I don't believe they are the same.

The S-400 requirement was actually separate from the ER/XRSAM system, 'cause it's BMD capable, so it has radars and other systems specific to that role as well, not just air defence. But it works in our favour to replace the S-400 with an Indian equivalent.

Anyway...
Same or not, we should not pour money on s400 anymore.

Same or not, we should not pour money on s400 anymore.

It's the only working system today that can protect the most amount of IA and IAF assets.

The SAM Jha is talking about is basically an Astra Mk2 with a booster. It's not meant to replace the S-400.

India does not yet have the capability to make a similar SAM as the S-400 at this time. It's a 10-year effort.

• Agree
Reactions: Bali78