S-400 'Triumf' News & Discussion

Finally, people are getting this right.

There are still a few mistakes or omissions though.

A launcher can carry a maximum of 16 missiles, not 12.
Big Bird is optional, it's a regiment level radar, and a CP can get its volume scan info from better radars. At the battery level, Cheese Board is required. Plus Cheese Board comes in two variants, for high altitude and low altitude. The Cheese Board is optional at the HQ level.
An additional Grave Stone radar is required if 2 more launchers are added to a battery of 4 launchers.

Reactions: STEPHEN COHEN
The guy that made this is an amateur who doesn't have a clue the way the US goes to war. His South China Sea scenario was also bad.

USN/Carrier strike group never attacks alone this would be an operation involving the USAF, USN, US Army and ISR from CIA, NRO and NSA.

This is the scenario he should have used in his first part.

Reactions: SammyBoi
Looks like India is going to ask for the F-35 offering such info. And it's not about helicopters and other aircraft the US doesn't "care" about that or they would not have sold them Apaches, P8s and Chinooks.

The US doesn't care about any of it. It's just politics. It's about preventing Russia from exporting their stuff giving any excuse necessary because they are earning a lot of money, a lot more than anyone else.

There's nothing the US can provide India in terms of "solutions" to prevent Russian snooping because the S-400 doesn't do any such thing. If they do come out saying such stupid stuff publicly, then it's merely optics.

The gist of what's happening--
US: Oh, yeah, the Indians are taking some 'steps' we have asked them to take so they can operate the S-400 alongside the F-35. But you lot can't.
Other countries: Can we take the same steps?
US: Nope.
Other countries: Why?
US: 'Cause reasons.
Other countries: What are the reasons?
US: Yeah.

Reactions: SammyBoi
Looks like India is going to ask for the F-35 offering such info. And it's not about helicopters and other aircraft the US doesn't "care" about that or they would not have sold them Apaches, P8s and Chinooks.
Could be, i dont see any problem in doing so. Its all about the interests.

I think it's the only reason. US wasn't concern about S400 when offering F-16 and F-18s.
Problem is. iAF isnt really interested in teen series now. If you are offering F35 with a competitive price, there is a chance that we go with F35. And i beleive a strong india your best arsenal against china than. A hundreds of usaf/usn f35s flying over Pacific. Use this opportunity wisely.

Problem is. iAF isnt really interested in teen series now.

Well of course it's not interested. India would be crazy to accept US teen series when US is selling 5th gen stealth fighters to many nations. India really didn't have a choice with the french plane it was the only advanced 4th gen fighter that is not a US fighter.
If you are offering F35 with a competitive price, there is a chance that we go with F35. And i beleive a strong india your best arsenal against china than. A hundreds of usaf/usn f35s flying over Pacific. Use this opportunity wisely.

The fact that India offered tech info of their S400 tells me they may ask for F-35.

• Haha
Reactions: AbRaj
The fact that India offered tech info of their S400 tells me they may ask for F-35.
Are you drunk or something ? How do you know that GOI offered anything like that to US ?

Doing exercises under S400 together to gain operational experience is one thing which I believe is very much possible. but compromising our top of the line BMD System for F35s is out of question.

Are you drunk or something ? How do you know that GOI offered anything like that to US ?

Doing exercises under S400 together to gain operational experience is one thing which I believe is very much possible. but compromising our top of the line BMD System for F35s is out of question.
Tech info could mean anything. Also India would never use its S400 with foreigners in any exercise especially the US. Would Russia even allow it? Many US fighters (especially F-35 F-22) will gain a lot of intel from the s400 if it starts blasting away its track radar. F-35 ad F-22 will sniff up all the EM signature.

Tech info could mean anything.
What tech info you are talking about? Any source of that claim ?
Also India would never use its S400 with foreigners in any exercise especially the US. Would Russia even allow it? Many US fighters (especially F-35 F-22) will gain a lot of intel from the s400 if it starts blasting away its track radar. F-35 ad F-22 will sniff up all the EM signature.
Almost all our Airforce and Naval assets were and to a great extent still are of Russian origin including those Su30s,Mig29s , Kilos, destroyers and frigates which we regularly pitch against USAF and USN.
I don’t think S400 is any different from those.
I believe there are some sort of training modes in Russian system which allows the system to operate in degraded capability.
And Russia has sold S400 system to many countries including Chinese and turkey the later can be easily persuaded to sell sensitive information by the US and it’s NATO allies or hacking and sabotage via Israeli spies.

Last edited:
IAF S-400

1643167023695.png

Reactions: SammyBoi and Sathya
Well of course it's not interested. India would be crazy to accept US teen series when US is selling 5th gen stealth fighters to many nations. India really didn't have a choice with the french plane it was the only advanced 4th gen fighter that is not a US fighter.

That seems to be the plan. Plus the f-35's are now cheaper than most 4.5 gen fighters on the market and on top of that the f-35 can use the meteor. So most probably an order of 18-36 F-35's might be procured through FMS. Since the su-57 isn't going to be ready any time soon.

• Haha
Reactions: RISING SUN
That seems to be the plan. Plus the f-35's are now cheaper than most 4.5 gen fighters on the market and on top of that the f-35 can use the meteor. So most probably an order of 18-36 F-35's might be procured through FMS. Since the su-57 isn't going to be ready any time soon.

For India? Unlikely. Right now we need money for MRFA and LCA Mk2. Only after these two are done can we work on something else.

Anyway, if India goes the F-35, it's going to have to be after the development of the F4 is complete. That's easily after 2027.

For India? Unlikely. Right now we need money for MRFA and LCA Mk2. Only after these two are done can we work on something else.

Anyway, if India goes the F-35, it's going to have to be after the development of the F4 is complete. That's easily after 2027.
The procurement of the f-35's will most likely happen post 2025 when the j-31's are ready to be exported to pakistan.