RudraM Series Air-launched Missiles : Updates & Discussions

Pyro bolt pusher for R3. is this what is used to jettison the booster part?

1691218625253.png

This picture from HAL shows Rudram III at LCA weapon station rated for max 1200 kg. Is Rudram III really gonna be 1.7 tonne???View attachment 30289

R3 weight is a rumour i heard, not confirmed yet. But judging by our missile weight to warhead ratio, what can you guess? if R2 has a 200kg warhead it would at least weight 1-1.2 ton easily unless it is subsonic. R3 with a heavy booster can easily be more I think, to 1.5ton range.

The other thing is about the HAL poster. I think one would happen, HAL increased Mk1a pylon rating/hardened & modified marked pylons like Su30 Brahmos case. Or they actually meant for Mk2 MWF instead of Mk1a, where we got 1.8ton rated pylon. Su30 stations are cited above for the testing, so we can approx judge the capacity & weight as well if anyone knows the rating?

Another thing could be they meant just the ARM version of the missile, which would obviously weigh less compared to ground attack role.

The radome, fin lock system (both the fixed and actuated control surface parts I guess) etc are being made. As expected , R3 will have fused silica ceramic radome for obvious reason. Pace picking up hopefully test done before election next year.

Screenshot.png