Project 75 India Diesel-electric Submarine Programs (SSK) : Updates and Discussions

Who will win the P75I program?

• L&T and Navantia

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • MDL and TKMS

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • It will get canceled eventually

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
Yes we designed them on our own that's why models were made for hydrodynamic studies.
You are mistaken. Its fully soviet design. We directly designing an SSBN is just impossible. No nation has done that. Even during manufacturing Russian were stationed here. It was part of the Chakra-1 transfer deal in 1986-7.

• Informative
Reactions: Valhalla
You are mistaken. Its fully soviet design. We directly designing an SSBN is just impossible. No nation has done that. Even during manufacturing Russian were stationed here. It was part of the Chakra-1 transfer deal in 1986-7.
I am talking about S5 and SSN class

We're getting consultancy on those as well plus no confirmation & this includes the N reactor if it's an indigenous design ( in all likelihood , it isn't ) .

You ought to read Trishul on this .PKS has covered this subject in some depth & detail.
PKS is joke nuclear reactor is indigenous developed by BARC may be some help was taken in improving the generation. In design also there will be considerable changes such as single hull, X rudder etc but it will be more indigenous than arihant.Consultancy is just a formality most of the work has to be done on your own.

Reactions: Lolwa
PKS is joke nuclear reactor is indigenous developed by BARC may be some help was taken in improving the generation. In design also there will be considerable changes such as single hull, X rudder etc but it will be more indigenous than arihant.Consultancy is just a formality most of the work has to be done on your own.
In the event I was referring to the design. It's common knowledge that we've manufactured the reactor & the submarines on our own with Russian consultancy.

The ATV project under which the S1 ( land based nuclear reactor ) & S2 - the Arihant was developed has been in the making since 1974 with BARC unable to develop it till 1986 at which point of time the GoI decided to approach the then USSR for design & manufacturing expertise of the N reactor & submarines as well as training under which we received our first SSN - INS Chakra a Charlie class submarine on lease in 1989 .

We could've had the SSN / SSBN nearly a decade earlier but the USSR dissolved & Yeltsin who came to power in Russia rescinded the agreement under US pressure ( incidentally the US also forced Russia to renege on their ToT for cryogenic engines to ISRO & limit supplies of the same besides sabotaging the entire program . Remember the Nambi Narayan case ) which is why we had to surrender the INS Chakra within 2 yrs of leasing it instead of utilising it's services for the full 3 yrs we signed up for .

It's only when Putin came to power in 2000 that we could renew the agreement. Hopefully , The rest of the story is known to you .

From what I've read the Russians helped us in building the reactor rest the design was inspired from the chakra not actual Russian assistance

From what I've read the Russians helped us in building the reactor rest the design was inspired from the chakra not actual Russian assistance
To design such a complex system from scratch there is nothing called inspire. It has to be direct assistance.
“India's first indigenous nuclear submarine, INS Arihant...would have just been impossible to realise without Russia’s massive all-round consultancy, technology transfer, technical services and training, technical 'know-how' and 'show-how,' design of the submarine as a whole, and above all numerous operational 'tips' based on 50 years of experience in designing, building and operating nuclear submarines.”
And if there were any doubts about the extent of Russian involvement, they were cast away on July 26, 2009 when 143 Russian engineers, designers and consultants – all participants in the project – attended the boomer’s launch ceremony at Visakhapatnam on the east coast.

nuclear reactor is indigenous developed by BARC may be some help was taken in improving the generation.
A cursory reading for Indian nuclear rector development would prove this statement preposterous.

Game Changer: AIP Submarine Has Fired A Ballistic Missile For The First Time

This is the strongest contender in my opinion....

Game Changer: AIP Submarine Has Fired A Ballistic Missile For The First Time

This is the strongest contender in my opinion....

They are not offering VLS as per this article.

They are not offering VLS as per this article.

Is it impossible India is asking to all the possible contender to adapt an indigenous VLS ? (so as to be free to use indian missiles, without any risk of possible politic ban)