PAK-FA / Sukhoi Su-57 - Updates and Discussions

1584562354326.png

That's a fukcing impressive array of sensors. One can only hope that ADA and HAL are watching. I'm looking at you AMCA and MWF. Maybe in their next iterations i.e. mk2 of both the planes.

Edit: Source-twitter.com/I30mki/status/1240341320306003968

• Informative
Reactions: TARGET
Under what circumstances will India purchase this aircraft? How is it superior or inferior to the defined configuration of AMCA? Will India purchase once the designated new engine / radar are integrated?
Su57 is a reality, even if it has to mature to be fully potent.
AMCA as for now is only a project, with some mock up in wing tunnel.
You will have long years to wait to be able to compare real jets and not paper datas.

Reactions: JustCurious

First batch-produced Su-57 delivered to regiment in Southern Military District — source​

The source added that another four such jets would be provided for the Aerospace Force in 2021

MOSCOW, December 25. /TASS/. The first batch-produced multi-role fifth-generation fighter jet Sukhoi-57 has been delivered to a regiment in the Southern Military District, a source in the defense-industrial complex told TASS on Friday.

"The Aerospace Force has obtained the first batch-produced Sukhoi-57 plane. It was delivered to a regiment in the Southern Military district," the source said, adding that another four such jets would be provided for the Aerospace Force in 2021.
On December 7, the CEO of the corporation Rostec, Sergey Chemezov, said that the first serially manufactured Sukhoi-57 with a first stage engine would be provided for the Russian military by the end of 2020, and the first Sukhoi-57 equipped with the second stage engine would be assembled in 2022. Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu told the Defense Ministry’s board meeting that a total of 22 Sukhoi-57 planes would be provided by the end of 2024. Under a contract concluded in 2019 a total of 76 Sukhoi-57s are to be delivered by the end of 2028.

The fifth generation Sukhoi-57 fighter jet is designed for destroying any type of air and surface targets. It has a supersonic cruising speed, intra-fuselage weapons, radar absorbing coating (stealth technology) and the newest set of onboard equipment.

Reactions: JustCurious
@vstol Jockey @Picdelamirand-oil

19 March 2019, 06:10
There is no indication of the lifetime of the engine, otherwise it is quite impressive!

I knew that it was a variable bypass engine or variable geometry engine.