Off-Topic Chit-Chat

I'd have to type everything again. Can't you activate the edit for some time
Na too much work
You can take it from me. He's pretty thick skinned.. He's spent a lifetime on PDF & was among the few Indian members who wasn't permabanned. He's among those who'd be so unperturbed by a fly on his nose that the fly would be so exasperated by his passivity to drive the fly off that the fly would fly off on its own. His hobby is to collect mosquito sperm.He's also a Malayali from Bangalore. Credentials for a hippo hide person don't get better than this.
Stop ragging newbies amit.

I'm tired of this . Just answer this even if India didn't pursue second strike would Pakistan also never pursue it.

Pakistans pursuit of second strike is independent of Indian pursuit of second strike. If you can't comprehend that I can't force you to see the logic of it.

You were the first who was giving definition of ssb and now you are saying Pakistan will go for cruise missile as deterrent. I don't know how seriously to take it.

I am now going to sleep it is futile to debate you. You have even discarded all the ssk range estimate that were given by another poster because they don't suit your views . You are slandering my posts on other threads because you can't handle debate here.

Sigh! Have your victory sir. I won't debate with you any longer.
You ought to learn stoicism from @randomradio though with that comes unbridled insane optimism. No, it's not an either or scenario.It's a package deal.All or none. And beyond a point it's sickening. Like breathing ozone.

You are putting the cart before the horse. India china both are nuclear powers with massive armies. Will china wage a war against India can't be answered without answering what will they achieve by risking nuclear war ? How will they achieve it ? In what time frame? At how many casualties? What will happen in after math of war? Could they capture the territory ? Of so could they hold it ? For how long?

Answering these questions would answer if there will be a war at all.

As we saw in doklam for all their incessant threats Chinese chose peace over war. Now we must see what compulsions drove them to that decision?

I believe I have answered this part. Where is that post now I do not know.
There we go again. I tried reductionist principles with you. You accused me of being childish.

To quote Sherlock Holmes - When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?”

At this point I'm choosing indifference. It is bit like stoicism but allows me to be jolly in the meantime.
I think I've identified your problem. You equate indifference to stoicism. Indifference isn't detachment. That's apathy. No wonder your analysis is all haywire

I think I've identified your problem. You equate indifference to stoicism. Indifference isn't detachment. That's apathy. No wonder your analysis is all haywire

Here is the dictionary definition of stoicism.

an ancient Greek school of philosophy founded at Athens by Zeno of Citium. The school taught that virtue, the highest good, is based on knowledge; the wise live in harmony with the divine Reason (also identified with Fate and Providence) that governs nature, and are indifferent to the vicissitudes of fortune and to pleasure and pain.

See the word indifferent there. Now stop throwing jargons around of which you no nothing sir. It doesn't make you seem wise .

There we go again. I tried reductionist principles with you. You accused me of being childish.

To quote Sherlock Holmes - When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?”

You have no idea how reduction works . Neither me nor Sherlock Holmes could teach you for you are filled with prejudice of your own thoughts.
Glad someone has the depth of understanding that answer to a question like 'Will China wage war against India' cannot be answered in a simple Yes or No.
The ease with which china will go to war with Mongolia cannot be compared with its reluctance to go to war with India.
Will China go to war with India ? Yes if push comes to shove it will, but then all nations will go to war with any other nation if certain conditions are met.

The correct question to ask here is how likely is china to wage war against India in this decade, or next 5 years, or over 'X' issue. Then you balance the risk and rewards against the time frame or 'X' issue and arrive at a probability.

Which is what you refer to as math of war (plus the logistics etc, of course)

Chinese have done well so far to screw the apparent probability factor or math in their favour. They have made war look inevitable if certain boundaries are crossed and weaker leadership of other countries have even bought into it.
Nobody called the bluff until now in Doklam.
I think, if we are to be slow to modernise or do not raise the risk to reward ratio, or were to we have a timid leadership, chinese could have considered the possibility to make an example of us in the coming decade, either by forcing us to (very) publicly cede ground Or by a quick small scale skirmish to be won quickly by overwhelming power.

Don't think this forum is suited for these discussions sir. At least not now. Perhaps some other time . For now I must take my leave for my own sanity .

Here is the dictionary definition of stoicism.

an ancient Greek school of philosophy founded at Athens by Zeno of Citium. The school taught that virtue, the highest good, is based on knowledge; the wise live in harmony with the divine Reason (also identified with Fate and Providence) that governs nature, and are indifferent to the vicissitudes of fortune and to pleasure and pain.

See the word indifferent there. Now stop throwing jargons around of which you no nothing sir. It doesn't make you seem wise .
Hmm. As usual you mistake the wood for the tree. Instead of coming up with the philosophical meaning of what the word connotes you come up with the literal meaning of the word. Here, let me help expand your consciousness. Hopefully that should expand your knowledge too.

Stoicism (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

Do stick around & we might make a fine strategic thinker out of you if not a philosopher , preferably both. Or not.

Don't think this forum is suited for these discussions sir. At least not now. Perhaps some other time . For now I must take my leave for my own sanity .

This forum is a storehouse of information. Analysis? not so much. Trick is to contribute what you can for the benefit of the discerning and not take anything else personally. Please keep on contributing.

Radio Control. Basically its a toy, a very expensive and elaborately made replica of the original.
do you have any idea about the cost ,i have seen many rc operator on you tube .looks like its quite common in europe /usa /russia .how much does it cost .wish we had the same competition/exhibition of these models in india itself

do you have any idea about the cost
Don't know. I am a RC enthusiast myself, or at least I used to be. The amount of pain buying a simple RC helo was unbelievable. This was before online purchasing was an option. They had to order it from China to be delivered, received it after 2 months. Had to fight import customs for weeks or so of ordering then it broke with in two weeks.:mad:
i have seen many rc operator on you tube .looks like its quite common in europe /usa /russia
About as common as Playstations are in India, I am told.
wish we had the same competition/exhibition of these models in india itself
That would be awesome. but its not happening.

• Agree
Reactions: vikata
Don't know. I am a RC enthusiast myself, or at least I used to be. The amount of pain buying a simple RC helo was unbelievable. This was before online purchasing was an option. They had to order it from China to be delivered, received it after 2 months. Had to fight import customs for weeks or so of ordering then it broke with in two weeks.:mad:

About as common as Playstations are in India, I am told.

That would be awesome. but its not happening.
for ppl like us it would be nirvana .

i have heard in russia you can have a ride on mig 29 in around 15 lakh INR,the cost is few years old i guess ,its pretty much expensive .if ppl here are aware of any place where these fantasies of small peple can be fulfilled in small budget

You have no idea how reduction works . Neither me nor Sherlock Holmes could teach you for you are filled with prejudice of your own thoughts.

Why dont you love birds go back to that basket-case echo chamber forum then.

This forum is a storehouse of information. Analysis? not so much.

There's some good info to be had, but analysis comes from informed viewpoints. Most here (barring maybe 4-5 persons) are amateurs relying on public info, hearsay and second hand sources. Very few members have ever been around military equipment, let alone had military experience or experience in the defence industry and those that do aren't jack-of-all-trades, but have a skills set and knowledge on a limited subject. And fewer are privy to the level of info required to make an informed analysis on even half the topics here. Anyone who posts on everything and every subject with equal authority and confidence realistically knows jacksh*t about any of the subjects they're claiming to speak on.

I was reading over a thread on the submarine Arihant and the amount of wonkery just about made my eyes bleed. I worked for the ASW/Sub-surface warfare division of Kongerberg Maritime as recent as last year. That thread is a very painful read for me as someone who does know the ins and outs of submarine operations and sub-surface warfare. It's hard for civilians to make a rational analysis on something as clandestine as sub-surface operations, and yet we've an entire, ongoing thread on just that with members speaking as though they've both authority on the matter and depth of knowledgeo_O. I made two posts on that thread, neither had to do with the topic. It hurts my head. So I just leave members to think their thoughts and argue their arguments and believe their beliefs, knowing what I know and dropping tidbits when I get around to it.

I like to provide info based on my experiences in the armed services and defence industry. The problem for me is that I have to feel motivated to post, and even more so to post anything in-depth or of value beyond pictures. I used to quite often on other forums, and for those that know me from other places, know I've shared a fair bit of info you wont find in public places, but now I largely just don't have the time or motivation to do anything substantial. I don't like or value circular discussions or chronic stubbornness.

But there's quality to be had here too. And no new member should feel intimidated about posting what they know. Members just shouldn't play themselves off as experts on everything when they're novices in all. And that's the root problem this forum has. Too many "experts".

Just do what I do - post info, but don't respond to queries or reply unless you feel like it or find it worthwhile. There's no reason to leave or get frustrated, just do what you can when you want to. You don't have to respond to anyone or debate or argue. Just post your views and be on with your day. Pick and chose what and when you want to post.

90% of what I've posted on this forum is on one singular thread:

Norwegian Armed Forces

Sometimes I post on other threads, but I don't often respond to replies, or even have reply alerts activated in my account controls (so I'm not bothered with notifications that someone replied to me), unless I really want to or feel up to it. I do at times read replies, and reply to some, but not always. Sometimes it's fine to just post and leave for the day. Less stressful that way.

I rarely have the interest in a long, rambling argument with someone on the internet. Just post some pictures and come back in a few days to do the same.

Last edited: