Norwegian Armed Forces

Norwegian F-35s are currently being employed in two exercises (Falcon Deploy and Arctic Challenge) and are deployed in Iceland for air policing of Icelandic air space.

These shots are from Arctic Challenge, which is a joint Norwegian-Swedish-Finnish air exercise.

(U)%202021-06-10%20-%20001%20(88)%20approved%20CSM.t61376d35.m800.xtMBfkoGr.JPG

(U)%202021-06-10%20-%20001%20(70)%20approved%20CSM.t61376d37.m800.xM63QSV-U.JPG

(U)%202021-06-10%20-%20001%20(31)%20approved%20CSM.t61376d3a.m800.xBan4q6Ho.JPG

(U)%202021-06-10%20-%20001%20(58)%20approved%20CSM.t61376d39.m800.xLhJgsZqy.JPG

(U)%202021-06-10%20-%20001%20(12)%20approved%20CSM.t61376d33.m800.x1lwpvZtz.JPG

NASAMS ??

That reminds me, in 2017 the Americans proposed that we buy the NASAMS as an alternative to the S-400. In 2018 our MoD had put up an AoN to acquire US$1 billion worth of NASAMS-II. By 2020 the IAF shot that AoN down saying they would rather go for the VL-SRSAM.

MoD probably issued that AoN to assuage the US while knowing full well that the IAF will not let this deal see the light of day. Previously the US had proposed the sale of Patriot PAC-3 & the THAAD. The end result was very similar.

Reactions: AbRaj
NASAMS ??

That reminds me, in 2017 the Americans proposed that we buy the NASAMS as an alternative to the S-400. In 2018 our MoD had put up an AoN to acquire US$1 billion worth of NASAMS-II. By 2020 the IAF shot that AoN down saying they would rather go for the VL-SRSAM.

MoD probably issued that AoN to assuage the US while knowing full well that the IAF will not let this deal see the light of day. Previously the US had proposed the sale of Patriot PAC-3 & the THAAD. The end result was very similar.

It was for the Delhi Defence Plan though, it wasn't a direct air force requirement, hence not in competition with what they actually wanted. However PAC-3 and THAAD were direct replacements for the S-400 where the IAF had more say. Different story that both were not suitable. So NASAMS still cannot be discounted, although the IAF is right in saying it's not necessary, especially at that insane cost.

It was for the Delhi Defence Plan though, it wasn't a direct air force requirement, hence not in competition with what they actually wanted. However PAC-3 and THAAD were direct replacements for the S-400 where the IAF had more say. Different story that both were not suitable. So NASAMS still cannot be discounted, although the IAF is right in saying it's not necessary, especially at that insane cost.

I have never understood , why Indians
Should be interested in NORWAY Armed Forces 🤣

LiveFist reported IAF wanted to use BMDs augmented with smaller SAMs like the VL-SRSAM for that role. About the cost though, it is ridiculously expensive. Wonder how many units were planned in that AoN.

Why not ? They are polar opposites of us in almost everyway possible. Weather, manpower, threat perceptions, infantry modernization etc. I cannot imagine what their security scenario is like. So I read about it here plus there are some great photos that I wont find elsewhere.

The Norwegian coast guards are making a new ASW OPV that's heavier than our Vizag class destroyer. So their latest ASW ship is thrice the displacement of the Kamorta class. Also their Coast Guard is a part of their Navy like our Coast Guards used to be. Fascinating.

Reactions: AbRaj
Marksman from the Porsanger Battalion train with the Rapid Reaction Forces Ida & Lyra. The Porsanger Battalion is an armored recon (cavalry) unit not technically part of the Norwegian Army's main battlegroup (Brigade Nord). Rather it's part of a localized territorial defence unit stationed in Finnmark along the Norwegian-Russian land border. Ida & Lyra are the QRFs of the local Home Guard garrison HV-17.

20210610FR-3681.t60c2662d.m800.x6DFSaxAb.jpg

20210610FR-3739.t60c26638.m800.xquVfzJa5.jpg

20210610FR-3810.t60c26659.m800.xxQHPfFtg.jpg

20210610FR-3839.t60c2665e.m800.xz41hmq9K.jpg

20210610FR-3762.t60c26655.m800.xleiBfvS5.jpg

Yeah, that deal was an absolute rip offo_O.

NASAMS ??

Thank goodness they shot it down. NASAMS is only good for static defence honestly. Good for slapping onto a rooftop in a downtown area and providing cover to local airspace. It's not so much a mobile battlefield air-defence missile.

That and NASAMS III came online the very next year:ROFLMAO:.

The same reason why a Norwegian would be interested in the Indian Armed Forces? Call me curious.

Reactions: AbRaj and Gautam
The same reason why a Norwegian would be interested in the Indian Armed Forces? Call me curious.

A Norwegian can be interested in Indian Armed Forces for 2 reasons

1 China and QUAD
2 War on Terror and thus by extension
Afghanistan , Pakistan and India

Right now , India is in the Thick of Both these Geo Political upheavals
So any body interested in Geopolitics would turn their attention on India

I dont mean to be Rude but
Norway is not a Major Defence Partner of India , Your Neighbour Sweden has given us Bofors and Carl Gustav guns and are always sending unsolicited offers on GRIPEN 😂

Therefore it does look Odd to me , this interest in Norway Armed forces

Yeah, that deal was an absolute rip offo_O.

It's likely the Americans thought we would be suckers for a political deal to make up for the S-400.

Thank goodness they shot it down. NASAMS is only good for static defence honestly. Good for slapping onto a rooftop in a downtown area and providing cover to local airspace. It's not so much a mobile battlefield air-defence missile.

That's actually what we need it for. No different from the way the Americans use it in DC. It wasn't for military use, it was for the protection of Delhi.

There might be a more sinister reason why the Americans jacked up the price. Protection of Delhi would also entail exercising the option of shooting down a hijacked civilian airliner threatening to repeat 9/11, the Americans probably wanted nothing to do with that, so the better option was to get GoI to back down instead.

A Norwegian can be interested in Indian Armed Forces for 2 reasons

1 China and QUAD
2 War on Terror and thus by extension
Afghanistan , Pakistan and India

Right now , India is in the Thick of Both these Geo Political upheavals
So any body interested in Geopolitics would turn their attention on India

I dont mean to be Rude but
Norway is not a Major Defence Partner of India , Your Neighbour Sweden has given us Bofors and Carl Gustav guns and are always sending unsolicited offers on GRIPEN 😂

Therefore it does look Odd to me , this interest in Norway Armed forces
Norwegians are one of the best equipped military in Europe. If you want comparitive analysis for the world's best equipped force there's no one better than them..So it's honestly not that bad. A lot of equipment inspiration should be taken from them tbh..

• Agree
Reactions: vargr and AbRaj
Why Not ?
They are amongst the best armed and trained Forces and often formulate practices which decades later become standerd for special forces of many countries. They have small but lethal nevy and airforce and know how to use them against capable adversary like Russians.
Their gears and equipment is drool worthy imo.

Also not everybody is interest/obsessed with Lahore in India.

Reactions: vargr
LiveFist reported IAF wanted to use BMDs augmented with smaller SAMs like the VL-SRSAM for that role. About the cost though, it is ridiculously expensive. Wonder how many units were planned in that AoN.

Why not ? They are polar opposites of us in almost everyway possible. Weather, manpower, threat perceptions, infantry modernization etc. I cannot imagine what their security scenario is like. So I read about it here plus there are some great photos that I wont find elsewhere.

The Norwegian coast guards are making a new ASW OPV that's heavier than our Vizag class destroyer. So their latest ASW ship is thrice the displacement of the Kamorta class. Also their Coast Guard is a part of their Navy like our Coast Guards used to be. Fascinating.
Absolutely true. His/Her pictures are joy to watch. I don’t know any other person who have such a vast collection of such high quality pictures of such a modern army in such a picturesque landscapes.
Even better than COD wallpapers. I often save them for my iPad wallpaper collection.

Reactions: vargr
20210914RNRN_77.t6142117c.m800.x9sT70gS6.jpg

20210914RNRN_110.t61421179.m800.x8SZ3gy54.jpg

20210914RNRN_534.t61421193.m800.xyrBybORD.jpg

20210914RNRN_241.t61421184.m800.x0CkEbd5L.jpg

20210914RNRN_167.t6142117b.m800.xnEVH_r_i.jpg

20210914RNRN_653.t6142119c.m800.xXPApfFY0.jpg

20210914RNRN_749.t614211a5.m800.xeGogjSa1.jpg

20210914RNRN_320.t61421186.m800.xAzE_MaPb.jpg

20210914RNRN_497.t61421193.m800.xx0qySlMH.jpg

"live" tissue injuries.

For those not familiar with medical training and practices, live tissue trauma training (LTTT) doesn't mean patching up someone who go injured during an exercise or training. Rather LTTT is a training practice involving live animals who are sedated into a coma, have battlefield wounds inflicted upon them once under anesthesia, operated on by medical trainees, and finally are euthanized while still under sedation.

It's a controversial practice, but there's really no training quite like it in regards to realism.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gautam