Multi-Role Carrier Borne Fighter For The Indian Navy - Updates & Discussions

What should we select?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Russia selling something to China will not be exclusively used by China against India. That's not the case with Pakistan.

And we need a weak Pakistan (an extremely weak one) to allow us the space to do something in Tibet.

Every alm given by US to Pakistan, cuts into that space of ours.
In the event of war Chinese will be using it on us, that matters a lot i guess .
I need a strong india over Pakistan & china.
China will also do the same.

Then you should have keep away Germany , France, Russi, Sweden , Italy, Turkey, Romania too. All these countries had sold weapons to pak. Russians are even worse, they sold top end equipment to Chinese.
For what it's worth, France has definitely blacklisted Pakistan as a customer since 2002.

• Agree
Reactions: Amarante
Then you should have keep away Germany , France, Russi, Sweden , Italy, Turkey, Romania too. All these countries had sold weapons to pak. Russians are even worse, they sold top end equipment to Chinese.
germany or sweden are america's chamchas they will do as US says. Its the US which has geopolitical agendas which ensures other countries are suppressed. You need to see the past history and their agendas not just sale.

Speaking of this very critical and extremely important capacity that is completely a "make or break" condition for the Indian Navy, did you know that the TEDBF does not have a dual seater configuration planned? This shows how crucial the dual seater thing is.
Hmm, I actually had no idea about this. But really? If ORCA comes, we might see a 2 seater then...
For what it's worth, France has definitely blacklisted Pakistan as a customer since 2002.
They got some of their men murdered while Agosta 90B submarines assembly in Pakistan right? That was a breaking point.

In the event of war Chinese will be using it on us, that matters a lot i guess .
Sure they will use it. And our reduction in imports from Russia actually prove this.

Russian defence industry itself will die outbin 2030s without our funds, so whatever.

TEDBF is still in design boards probably, until proper data gathered from mk2 canard config on TD , will anything really progress? I guess naval lca data from those prototypes are currently being compiled, but a proper canard configured jet with large wing area still needs lot more.

Reactions: Sathya
No idea what we sell but Turkey was named as an export country in the GoI booklet. One of Turkeys shipbuilders also probably work with one of our docks, I forgot the name but there is definitely some involvement.

no problem for you to prove what you say then. That the rafale carries twice the load of a fa-18e. Or is this just more frog fantasy? Like in a2a the min stall speed is 100kt. You have the laden rafale at 112 Kt take off from a ramp. LOL
100kt Stall? Rafale proved to be able to stay maneuvrable at far far less speed....

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    25.4 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: Amarante
No idea what we sell but Turkey was named as an export country in the GoI booklet. One of Turkeys shipbuilders also probably work with one of our docks, I forgot the name but there is definitely some involvement.
HSL I think..

Chinese have made industrial scale copies of Russian weapons and have crosses them in R& D...
Hereafter they ll be copying only specific tech.

So the promise of higher quality weapons export to India over China won't hold back the Chinese.

We need to develop or import better ones.

Unlike some of nation's we need to work hard and trade right. We don't survive on alms.

BTW is not working and always asking for alms not haram ? What will happen to your people? Will they still get all the promised sex and alcohol in heaven ? 😆😆😆
Wtf are you even talking about?
I asked a simple question.
Why are the two important figures from defence sector visiting Japan?
India doesn't take much defence equipment from Japan hence the question.

Wtf are you even talking about?
I asked a simple question.
Why are the two important figures from defence sector visiting Japan?
India doesn't take much defence equipment from Japan hence the question.
When the Defence minister of say Russia goes to say Brazil, he is not looking to buy Brazilian defence equipment. Is he?

India is not at a place where when the DM visits another country, he is not there for shopping. He is there for furthering our interests. Strategic cooperation.

Reactions: Amal
An other approach:
Rafale4.jpg
Apologies if this has been discussed before.

Is it possible to fit the Rafale in Vikrant's lift (with the wingtip pylons on) if it is placed at an angle?

One might say that it is not possible to move the aircraft into the lift at that angle, however, it is possible if a wheeled platform is placed under each wheel of the aircraft. Something like this...

Attachments

• wheel-car-dolly.jpg
    wheel-car-dolly.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 58
Apologies if this has been discussed before.

Is it possible to fit the Rafale in Vikrant's lift (with the wingtip pylons on) if it is placed at an angle?

One might say that it is not possible to move the aircraft into the lift at that angle, however, it is possible if a wheeled platform is placed under each wheel of the aircraft. Something like this...
I assume you put it on the upper deck and bring the lift down to the lower deck by placing the aircraft at this angle, but I'm not sure how you can bring the aircraft inside the ship's lower deck at this angle.

The length of the hypotenuse is equal to the square root of the sum of the squares of the other sides. So if you have 10 meter width (squared: 100) and you need to make it fit in 9 meter width (squared: 81), you need to raise one side by 4.36 meters (squared: very slighlty above 19).

That's the general principle. In practice, I do not believe that the dolly to raise one side would be practical during operations.