Multi-Role Carrier Borne Fighter For The Indian Navy - Updates & Discussions

What should we select?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
By comparison, for the Rafale we have 9500 kg at MTOW of 24500 kg and a take-off weight of 21710 kg. In the same conditions as the calculation we have just made, this gives a payload of 6710 kg.

The Rafale can carry twice the weapons and fuel load of the F-18 E and tops it in every technical capability and you think that shit is the best for IN ????

Are you sure they are the specs for the Rafale M being thrown off of an aircraft carrier? They look like normal rafale specs to me. do you have a link? you can also put up a link to the FA-18e. you have shown in the past, to be deceitful in your opinions

Last edited:
Are you sure they are the specs for the Rafale M being thrown off of an aircraft carrier? They look like normal rafale specs to me. do you have a link? you can also put up a link to the FA-18e. you have shown in the past, to be deceitful in your opinions
I think the doubt must be more on your side than on mine.

I think the doubt must be more on your side than on mine.
no problem for you to prove what you say then. That the rafale carries twice the load of a fa-18e. Or is this just more frog fantasy? Like in a2a the min stall speed is 100kt. You have the laden rafale at 112 Kt take off from a ramp. LOL

Last edited:
no problem for you to prove what you say then. That the rafale carries twice the load of a fa-18e. Or is this just more frog fantasy? Like in a2a the min stall speed is 100kt. You have the laden rafale at 112 Kt take off from a ramp. LOL
I have already given the proof with the calculations I have made, but the fan boys despise science because they cannot manipulate it.

"I have a target speed at the exit of the ski jump of 107 Kt with respect to the sea which is 80 Kt with respect to the deck"

in a2a the min stall speed of the rafale in 100kn, it's best configuration. You are throwing a laden (more drag, less lift) rafale off of a ramp at 107kn, if the wind is right. Just more frog nonsense, all talk no links

Last edited:
"I have a target speed at the exit of the ski jump of 107 Kt with respect to the sea which is 80 Kt with respect to the deck"

in a2a the min stall speed of the rafale in 100kn, it's best configuration. You are throwing a laden (more drag, less lift) rafale off of a ramp at 107kn, if the wind is right. Just more frog nonsense, all talk no links
It is obvious that you do not know the principle of taking off from a ski jump.

Still no links?
Aircraft 80kn, wind over deck 27kn = 107kn which I suggest is below the stall speed of a laden rafale, when a2a in flight is 100kn

The Rafale can carry twice the weapons and fuel load of the F-18 E and tops it in every technical capability and you think that shit is the best for IN ????
May be yeas, may he not. But whats the point in purchasing an aircraft which cannot fit inside the elevator for both AC, until & unless you tried in a knock down condition & reassemble at the deck. Can you imagine how frustrating this will be during the event of an actual war.

May be yeas, may he not. But whats the point in purchasing an aircraft which cannot fit inside the elevator for both AC, until & unless you tried in a knock down condition & reassemble at the deck. Can you imagine how frustrating this will be during the event of an actual war.
We are expecting a bid so high from Boeing that it will take some miracle actually for Finance ministry to clear funding.

That's why both Rafale and F18 are equals as of now.

Reactions: Hydra
The pylons under the wings are assembled and disassembled regularly on the deck and it doesn't shock anyone, the wingtip missile launchers are no more complicated to assemble and disassemble than the pylons under the wings and if it wasn't the case the Rafale would have been disqualified before participating in the tests.

We are expecting a bid so high from Boeing that it will take some miracle actually for Finance ministry to clear funding.

That's why both Rafale and F18 are equals as of now.
Three things are favouring F18 now one is possible low fly away cost, second it is compatible with elevator & finally the acces towards the vast majority of us made air to surface & air to ait weapons. We may even get agm 153 & its Variants and possible AIM 260.

Inter operability with US is an icing on top, though not much relevant against PN it will come handy against the Chinese.
The pylons under the wings are assembled and disassembled regularly on the deck and it doesn't shock anyone, the wingtip missile launchers are no more complicated to assemble and disassemble than the pylons under the wings and if it wasn't the case the Rafale would have been disqualified before participating in the tests.
Why IN should take that much pain? A small miss placement while lifting the Rafale will damage the aircraft, though that risk is existing with FA18,the margin of error in casr of Rafale is high.

low fly away cost,
Russian built Mig35 AESA (35 million USD)
Indian assembled Mig35 (60 million USD)
Russian built Su35 (55 million USD)
Indian assembled Su35 (90 million USD)

Gripen E/F fly away cost (75 million USD +)
F16 Block 70 fly away cost (85-95 million USD)

RAFALE (95-105 million USD)

Super Hornet fly away cost (115-120 million USD )
Eurofighter Typhoon fly away cost (125-130 million USD + )

F15 latest fly away (145 million USD +)

F35A export fly away for non partner non NATO nations ( expected to be around 120 million USD)

Mark this catalogue. Deviation for the aircrafts other than F35 will be under 5%.

• Informative
Reactions: Amarante
Why IN should take that much pain? A small miss placement while lifting the Rafale will damage the aircraft, though that risk is existing with FA18,the margin of error in casr of Rafale is high.
The F-18 E has a wingspan of 9.94 m when folded. For a lift that is 10m wide this is very risky. The Rafale has a wingspan of 9.6m without its wingtip missile launchers. I think it is less risky.

The F-18 E has a wingspan of 9.94 m when folded. For a lift that is 10m wide this is very risky. The Rafale has a wingspan of 9.6m without its wingtip missile launchers. I think it is less risky.
Never believe a Frenchman. This one has shown himself to be deceitful. Would you like to link the real 9.32m measurement?

Russian built Mig35 AESA (35 million USD)
Indian assembled Mig35 (60 million USD)
Russian built Su35 (55 million USD)
Indian assembled Su35 (90 million USD)

Gripen E/F fly away cost (75 million USD +)
F16 Block 70 fly away cost (85-95 million USD)

RAFALE (95-105 million USD)

Super Hornet fly away cost (115-120 million USD )
Eurofighter Typhoon fly away cost (125-130 million USD + )

F15 latest fly away (145 million USD +)

F35A export fly away for non partner non NATO nations ( expected to be around 120 million USD)

Mark this catalogue. Deviation for the aircrafts other than F35 will be under 5%.
I don't know where you are getting those costings from. The flyaway price on the US aircraft is incorrect. I'd have to google the others

Last edited:
There's a reason why I am saying that hold your horses. 😂😂😂
If you were using correct numbers, for the comparison between rafale, FA-18ef, F-15ex and F-35. You would make more sense and be taken seriously. It's not hard to google the flyaway cost of US aircraft, it is well publicised. The Rafale is harder.

You are now using a F-16 update to show something? The Indian SU-30 are also getting updates. The new Rafale India bought, had to have a $2 billion or $60 million each update before they could be used. So the flyaway was $160 million. About twice the price of a F-35A flyaway.

Lol. Nice try but Rafales wingspan is 10.90m clean. Don't make this hard for you.
I think he means taking off the wingtip launch rails. I don't know how much this would give, or how much labour is involved. Or if the design allows for repeated removal and replacement. It may need modifying

If you were using correct numbers, for the comparison between rafale, FA-18ef, F-15ex and F-35. You would make more sense and be taken seriously. It's not hard to google the flyaway cost of US aircraft, it is well publicised. The Rafale is harder.

You are now using a F-16 update to show something? The Indian SU-30 are also getting updates. The new Rafale India bought, had to have a $2 billion or $60 million each update before they could be used. So the flyaway was $160 million. About twice the price of a F-35A flyaway.
You are free to believe whatever you want.

Reactions: marich01