Malaysian tender for Light Combat Aircraft

Ankit Kumar

Team StratFront
Nov 30, 2017
Bangalore
Who all got shortlisted?
How long before we know the winner?
Su 30 maintenance package swung the deal for us?
All we can say is that we are one of the serious contenders along with atleast South Koreans.

PS:
Su30 maintenance deal is not so easy actually. Ofcourse we can offer it, but the customer (Malaysia) will only accept it if the OEM endorses us too. And Russians themselves wanted to take part in this competition... So you see I am not really sure if the offer is anything concrete.

Reactions: Sathya

randomradio

Nov 30, 2017
India
All we can say is that we are one of the serious contenders along with atleast South Koreans.

PS:
Su30 maintenance deal is not so easy actually. Ofcourse we can offer it, but the customer (Malaysia) will only accept it if the OEM endorses us too. And Russians themselves wanted to take part in this competition... So you see I am not really sure if the offer is anything concrete.

HAL has OEM status when it comes to maintenance and upkeep.

Ankit Kumar

Team StratFront
Nov 30, 2017
Bangalore
HAL has OEM status when it comes to maintenance and upkeep.
Correct me if I am wrong , but isnt it the UAC team which controls the QA and signs for deliveries to IAF? It sure was the case up and untill I don't know around 2012-13.

So HAL can surely do a lot , but it cannot sign off on behalf of OEM.

By value the LRUs we imported from Russia as kits even for the last batch was something like 25% +.

randomradio

Nov 30, 2017
India
Correct me if I am wrong , but isnt it the UAC team which controls the QA and signs for deliveries to IAF? It sure was the case up and untill I don't know around 2012-13.

So HAL can surely do a lot , but it cannot sign off on behalf of OEM.

By value the LRUs we imported from Russia as kits even for the last batch was something like 25% +.

No, HAL cannot sign off for UAC, but it can do what Malaysia wants for its MKM fleet. Basically, IAF does not have to communicate with the Russians to maintain their jets.

Ashwin

Agent_47
Staff member
Administrator
Nov 30, 2017
Bangalore
20220907_214054.jpg