Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning and F-22 'Raptor' : News & Discussion

It is if you tell the police to turn a blind eye. I mean JFC, you bitch about Jallianwala Bagh in which a few hundred died, meanwhile you have 'riots' which kill thousands that the authorities are apparently incapable of stopping?? I mean your first act of Independence was killing a couple million of each other. It's as if your lives only become important if you're not taking them yourselves or something.

I mean you killed more of each other in the first year of independence than died in massacres during 200 years of occupation. In fact, I say 'first year' but it was like 3.5 months, since independence only began on August 15th. Even Hitler would be proud of that ruthless efficiency, the best he could manage was 1 million every 12 months.

Intentions matter. Riots are just riots, people die in riots, happens all the time. But Jallianwala Bagh was a massacre, a govt-led massacre. Practically murder.

The post-independence riots were also orchestrated. It didn't happen overnight.

But Britain's killings of Indians was similar to Mao's killing of the Chinese, apathy. Really no difference there.

Pakistan's genocide of the Bengalis also saw a green light from the UK. Even the US played a significant part there. All murders.

So you're saying they didn't induct any new equipment between 2000 and 2014?

Yeah, not much. Most of it happened after 2014. The Russian conventional weapons modernisation was planned over the long term, they had to slow it down considerably after Crimea.

Intentions matter. Riots are just riots, people die in riots, happens all the time. But Jallianwala Bagh was a massacre, a govt-led massacre. Practically murder.
Funny how intentions don't matter if a death of an Indian occurred between 1751 and 1947. I would also argue that when 2 million people die in a riot, that's well beyond the point at which a mishap becomes blatant government negligence.
But Britain's killings of Indians was similar to Mao's killing of the Chinese, apathy. Really no difference there.
So when 2 million people die in a riot under GOI it isn't apathy but when far less people die under British rule it is? When 7000 Indians a day die from malnutrition/famine in the 21st century that isn't apathy but when famines occurred in 19th century it was, even though there was a global famine in the 19th century?
Pakistan's genocide of the Bengalis also saw a green light from the UK. Even the US played a significant part there. All murders.
No it didn't. :ROFLMAO: As many people died in the 1947 massacre in India. 7,000/day is >2.5m/year, also more. It was a shit-show from both sides in that war, lots of blame all round, the first killings were committed by Bangladeshis against Biharis. It was all quite typical for your area, one ethnicity against another followed by retaliation with either lesser or greater extents of government complicity.

Your lot seemed to be quite on board with violence against Bangladeshis at the time anyway.

Yeah, not much. Most of it happened after 2014. The Russian conventional weapons modernisation was planned over the long term, they had to slow it down considerably after Crimea.
P-800, Kh-101, KH-59Mk2... just from a quick scan.

Funny how intentions don't matter if a death of an Indian occurred between 1751 and 1947. I would also argue that when 2 million people die in a riot, that's well beyond the point at which a mishap becomes blatant government negligence.

An estimated 60 million died under British rule due to apathy, the same as Mao. And 60 million is an official figure, not the actual.

• Agree
Reactions: RASALGHUL
An estimated 60 million died under British rule due to apathy, the same as Mao. And 60 million is an official figure, not the actual.
Died doesn't equal killed. Specify causes.

This doesn't indicate apathy:

The monsoon of 1868 was late in coming. When it came, was light and brief, lasting until only August 1868.[1] There was a shortage of fodder in most areas of Rajputana, and some areas had water shortages as well. Since the much-needed grain could be brought in only on slow camel trains, the stricken areas were more or less inaccessible.[1]

Many inhabitants of the famine-stricken regions of Rajputana (for example, two-thirds of the population of Marwar) emigrated with their livestock or herds.[1] Initially, they did not go to the British territory of Ajmer, where relief works had been arranged; many wandered in search of food until they died from starvation.[1] Late in 1868, epidemics of cholera broke out among the vulnerable population, and there was no harvest in the spring of 1869.[1]

Additionally:

(Inside Science) -- What may be the greatest El Niño ever identified may have caused record-breaking droughts that helped trigger disastrous famines, likely killing more than 50 million people globally, a new study finds. Moreover, such an extreme El Niño could repeat in the future, scientists added.
From 1876 to 1878, droughts were followed by famines in Asia, Africa and South America that in total killed up to 3 percent of the world population at the time. No deadlier environmental disaster has occurred since, said climatologist Deepti Singh at Columbia University in New York. The deaths in India from this global famine prompted Florence Nightingale in 1877 to say, "The more one hears about this famine, the more one feels that such a hideous record of human suffering and destruction the world has never seen before."

There is simply no way Britain could have been expected to deal with that in the mid-19th century. I mean GOI is a net exporter of grain today while 7,000/day die from hunger and malnutrition, and it has never had to deal with anything like that.

By contrast Mao's Great Leap occurred in the late 20th century, post agricultural revolution, and he has no such excuses.

Now work out 7,000/day over 76 years before you dare talk of apathy again.

But to handle those upgrades — which F-35 manufacturer Lockheed Martin said will introduce about 518 capabilities — the military says the fighter will need much greater power and cooling abilities.

US Air Force secretary wants ‘another shot’ at adaptive F-35 engine​

By Stephen Losey
Mar 16, 08:42 PM

Z5KQMRUXTJFUZBULQNVQRBG26Q.jpg
The U.S. Air Force's top civilian is having second thoughts about a recent choice for the Joint Strike Fighter. (Senior Airman Alexander Cook/U.S. Air Force)
WASHINGTON — U.S. Air Force Secretary Frank Kendall is having second thoughts about the Pentagon’s decision to upgrade the F-35 fighter jet’s current engines instead of developing a next-generation replacement.
In a discussion at the McAleese & Associates conference in Washington, Kendall said the decision to upgrade the fighters’ current Pratt & Whitney-made F135 engines instead of developing a new adaptive engine “was the right decision, given the constraints that we have, but [a choice] that I worry about a little bit.”

“If we had the opportunity to reconsider that, I think that would be something I’d like to have another shot at,” Kendall said. “Right now, it’s unaffordable. The only service that wants the new technology is the Air Force right now, and we can’t afford it by ourselves.”
The F-35 is scheduled to receive a series of significant upgrades in the coming years known as the block 4 modernization effort, which will include the ability to carry more weapons, better recognize targets and conduct advanced electronic warfare. But to handle those upgrades — which F-35 manufacturer Lockheed Martin said will introduce about 518 capabilities — the military says the fighter will need much greater power and cooling abilities.
Since 2016, the Air Force has allocated nearly $2.7 billion for the Adaptive Engine Transition Program, which sought to fund research, development, prototyping and testing of a new kind of engine intended to provide greater thrust, power and cooling abilities. The adaptive engine model uses three streams of air for greater cooling, and has an adaptive cycle that would allow it to switch to the most efficient configuration for any given situation.

General Electric Aviation and Pratt & Whitney each developed adaptive engines as part of AETP — the XA100 and XA101, respectively. But while GE pitched its XA100 as a replacement for the F-35, Pratt said an upgrade of the current engines — which it calls the Engine Core Upgrade — would be a more cost-efficient option that would work on all F-35s.
Ultimately, the Air Force announced in its budget briefings March 10 and 13 that the military would not transition AETP to a program of record, and would instead go with the F135 upgrade.
The potential cost of an adaptive engine, which Kendall last year pegged at more than $6 billion, proved a major sticking point. So did doubts over whether it could be made to fit in the Marine Corps’ F-35B, which has an engine that swivels down to allow the jet to vertically land. While GE said it had found a way to make its engine work in the F-35B, the Pentagon was apparently skeptical.
Installing an adaptive engine into “the Marine Corps variant was going to be very, very difficult, if not impossible,” Kendall said in the March 10 budget briefing with reporters at the Pentagon.

Kendall also called the adaptive engine “a really good fit” for the Air Force’s F-35A variant on March 10.
And at Wednesday’s McAleese conference, he expanded further on what made an AETP engine attractive to the service noting that the adaptive engine would have provided more fuel efficiency than the F135 Engine Core Upgrade.
He explained the adaptive engine’s greater fuel efficiency would have translated to less fuel burned and more cost savings, plus extended range, which he described as a “really attractive” benefit — a handy capability in a fight in the large Pacific region.
Kendall said it also would have introduced competition into the F-35 engine market, which Raytheon Technologies-owned Pratt & Whitney has dominated.

If the Air Force were to decide to go it alone on AETP, Kendall said, it would be a multiyear, multibillion-dollar program — one that would have been out of the service’s reach. “It’s a major lift, and you just can’t do everything,” he added.
The Air Force plans to roll some of the technologies developed as part of AETP into its Next Generation Adaptive Propulsion program, which aims to produce similarly advanced engines for its future sixth-generation fighter known as Next Generation Air Dominance.
“The AETP technology advanced the state of the art,” Kendall said. “So we’re going to benefit from that indirectly.”

When I said this sometime back:
US should put F-35Bs in hardened blast pens in SK and Japan. They could be game-changing even when PLA Rocket Force wrecks havoc on all US operated air-fields.

This is how Mr. Aussie reacted:
With this thread and the missiles. I've come to the conclusion that you aren't just clueless, you're trolling.

Now as per some latest report, F-35B is going to be put across uninhabited Islands chain of South China Sea.

The F-35 stealth fighter, particularly its vertical take-off landing (VTOL) ‘B’ variant operated by the US Marine Corps (USMC), is emerging central to its island-hopping role of fighting China inside its anti-access/area-denial (A2/AD) bubble.A picture of an F-35B operating vertically from a forward base on open ground and being protected by a two-person Stinger MANPAD missile has revealed how the stealth fighter fits into the US Navy’s Expeditionary Advanced Base of Operations (EABO) and the USMC’s Force Design 2030 concepts.The tweet on Monday carried a picture dated May 2022 of a USMC F-35B on open ground, protected by a two-man Stinger MANPAD team. The same month on May 27 showed a US Marines Corps F-35B departing a Forward Arming and Refueling Point at Yuma Proving Grounds in Arizona
Link: 'Tip Of The Spear' Against China: Why F-35B Is The Best Suited Fighter Jet To Burst The Chinese A2/AD Bubble

So again my opinion was validated. It is quite obvious that it was NOT me who was clueless, but Mr. Aussie and Mr. Yankee(who liked his post) most certainly are:cool:

Reactions: _Anonymous_
I'm sure that wasn't the only post i referred to. Can you link me to the page?
No it's not. you are still clueless. Where are the hardened pens? What else has the marines got? as if they have a choice without the USN C

(if i really hurt your feelings, I'm sorry, I'm only playing)

Last edited:
I'm sure that wasn't the only post i referred to. Can you link me to the page?
No it's not. you are still clueless. Where are the hardened pens? What else has the marines got? as if they have a choice without the USN C

(if i really hurt your feelings, I'm sorry, I'm only playing)
The gist of my post was to use F-35B as a land based fighter against the Chinese. Why? Because of its ability to take off and land anywhere. That way, US forces will continue to fight the Chinese despite overwhelming PLARF firepower advantage. Basing F-35B in SK and Japan under hardened shelters was just the extension of my point.

Now that article proves what I was saying about destruction of runways by PLARF and usage of F-35B from remote islands. So my point was well validated(which seemingly went over your head...too much Aussie strong beer I guess, lol).

It's good that you're playing, cause I've only just started....mate:cool:

The US intends to buy a total of 2,443 F-35 aircraft. How many are the F-35B?

(353 B)...You think the rest will stay home?

If you want a response to why I said you are a clueless troll. Other than adding this to the list. You need to give me the 2 links to the pages referred to. "With this thread and the missiles. "

The US intends to buy a total of 2,443 F-35 aircraft. How many are the F-35B?

(353 B)...You think the rest will stay home?
No. All are important. I just presented a novel war idea which apparently even USMC is practicing.
If you want a response to why I said you are a clueless troll.

Don't give a damn about your certificate. Keep it to yourself.
Other than adding this to the list. You need to give me the 2 links to the pages referred to. "With this thread and the missiles. "
Can you debate with others politely without calling them "frogs" or "troll"?? The real actual trolls are you and your friends @Innominate & @BMD. But of course for you they are paragon of intelligence(reverse) like yourself, lmfao:ROFLMAO:

If you don't want me to explain why you are seen clueless or as trolling. Why bring it up? It wouldn't have just been about expeditionary basing. As to frog, you are welcome to call me skippy or kangaroo,

As to your current 'discovery' of austere expeditionary basing . This is what the USMC did with their Harrier jet aircraft. It is not new. The F-35b replacing the Harrier in this role was widely discussed on F-16 net. Particularly the takeoff runway matting, more than 10 years ago.

Last edited:
Not possible in practice : it would be a blow in the back of AMCA and TEDBF.
You need to eat weed three times a day to put faith on the proposed time line of AMCA. Some body with working brain had identified the problem,ie Chinese j20,j31.

Technically Pakistan will be offered three stealth aircraft in near future. J20,j31 & Turkish design. If we didn't act now or start chase Russian junk called su57,then that figure will turn to four by the addition of f35.

• Haha
Reactions: RASALGHUL
You need to eat weed three times a day to put faith on the proposed time line of AMCA. Some body with working brain had identified the problem,ie Chinese j20,j31.

Technically Pakistan will be offered three stealth aircraft in near future. J20,j31 & Turkish design. If we didn't act now or start chase Russian junk called su57,then that figure will turn to four by the addition of f35.
@Rajput Lion :p:p:p Hydra is on a roll?

No F35 on the horizon for Turkey, China or Pak.
J20 : some doubt of its real VLO asset.
J31 : only a prototyp so far.
Su57 : as all the russian weapons, I think all the russian weapon customers are searching alternatives seeing how unpotent they are in real war.