Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning and F-22 'Raptor' : News & Discussion

WTF! This is the first time I can recall someone calling stubby beautiful, lol. I find Raptor/B-2/B-21/F-15/F-16 quite beautiful though.

Super Hornet and Fatty, yuck!
Super hornet is ugly. But f-35 really reminds me of American muscle cars for some reason. The plane is legit.

No, I originally said $10B, and then edited out the number 'cause I felt it was wrong. "Tens of billions" was correct though, versus the EU's "hundreds of billions".

That's 'cause the discount is below the cap. So it's a good idea to market it that way. What really counts is what happens to prices are the war is over and the Chinese economy gains steam. Until then, we are fine with cheaper oil.

A lot of that is exported. Just so you know, one of the refineries in India is owned by Russia, and they are selling themselves oil, and is counted as an import too.

Rosneft owns a 49.13% stake in Nayara.

Nayara operates a 400,000 barrels per day Vadinar refinery...

And quite a bit of refined petroleum from Russia is exported to the EU. So you guys continue to fund the war in Ukraine, albeit indirectly.

This comes as Indian refiners snap up discounted Russian crude oil shunned by the EU and other Western powers, with analysts pointing to a clear possibility of products refined from Russian barrels reaching the EU’s markets via India.
petrol1.jpg

Funny how that works. Instead of buying straightaway from Russia, the EU is buying the same petroleum via India.
You originally said tens of millions. And no, the EU has not given Ukraine hundred of billions.

So basically laundering oil for the aggressor, but I guess it's >20-33% below market price.

Total EU oil product imports from India have only doubled, whereas Indian imports from Russia have increased 14-fold. So clearly it's not selling as much as it would like to the EU, and not making as much profit from what it does sell either. Laundering it in copious quantities is still scummy though.

So basically laundering oil for the aggressor, but I guess it's >20-33% below market price.

You are the customer. :ROFLMAO:

Total EU oil product imports from India have only doubled, whereas Indian imports from Russia have increased 14-fold. So clearly it's not selling as much as it would like to the EU, and not making as much profit from what it does sell either. Laundering it in copious quantities is still scummy though.

It's called "low base effect". So it's all good.

We are promoting peace and reconstruction.

First image is what the EU destroyed. The second image is what India is paying to rebuild.
FqpB1nnX0AA_Lcy.jpg

Even though India's crude oil imports have increased 14-fold, it's still less than a quarter of what the EU bought. And that's just crude oil, we don't import gas or petroleum from Russia. And the EU is still importing.

Reactions: Rajput Lion
You are the customer. :ROFLMAO:

It's called "low base effect". So it's all good.
Nope, you're amount has gone up 14-fold, EU imports from India only 90%.
We are promoting peace and reconstruction.

View attachment 26941
First image is what India paid Russia to destroy. Second image is the result.
Even though India's crude oil imports have increased 14-fold, it's still less than a quarter of what the EU bought. And that's just crude oil, we don't import gas or petroleum from Russia. And the EU is still importing.
Nope, more BS from you.

1678740598131.png

1678740694250.png

• Informative
Reactions: Bon Plan
You can't compare WW2 with modern tech today.

Today everything is software-driven, and it takes time to test software. WW2 was all mechanical, very easy to test.
Software tests may be shorten. OK it's a risk, but see what happend to HARM & JDAM on russian origin ukrainian fighters. They made it short.

And during WW2 we saw first jet fighters, we saw V2... some big leap in aero tech.

You know what sweetie, your trailer park bros in the Pentagon just lost you the war for Taiwan. .

I can see why the USAF is seeing aliens everywhere & you got the urge to post that bilge here but not this bit of news.

Hyuk hyuk hyuk hyuk hyuk hyuk...

@Innominate
All the F35 supporters may forget the supercruise, and the +20% in range etc....
You can scale up integration and production of existing stuff, all you need to do is bring more workers in. But R&D cannot be scaled up 'cause all the main tasks are handled by only a few people. R&D travels as fast as the slowest team.
Germany was a nice counter exemple

Software tests may be shorten. OK it's a risk, but see what happend to HARM & JDAM on russian origin ukrainian fighters. They made it short.

And during WW2 we saw first jet fighters, we saw V2... some big leap in aero tech.

Integration is not R&D though. Everything is already available for it to happen, it's not a new weapon.
All the F35 supporters may forget the supercruise, and the +20% in range etc....

Yeah, sad fate for the F-35. But there was no supercruise ever, though.

Germany was a nice counter exemple

What did they do?

The war would have ended the minute you properly sanctioned Russia instead of only pretending to.
I've provided the facts, all you've provided is accusations. EU use of Russian oil and gas has gone down to near zero, India's is up 14-fold. That's a fact, the rest is just your accusations.

I've provided the facts, all you've provided is accusations. EU use of Russian oil and gas has gone down to near zero, India's is up 14-fold. That's a fact, the rest is just your accusations.

Dude, we started buying oil in large numbers only much later during the war. And it was still only a fraction of what the EU bought.

And EU purchases should be counted from 2014, when Russia actually invaded Ukraine first, via Crimea. You've done a great job funding the war. It's also the time when the Russians actually built the military force that's now attacking Ukraine. It pretty much didn't exist before that.

What did they do?
They studied typ XXI sub, V2 missile, Me 262, Ar 163, first air to ground missile, first ground to air missile etc... in 5 years.
Another country that doesn't read internet forums. When will they learn to listen to fanboys?
The famous F35 that was promised soon with a new engine? LOL.
It's one of the several promises never kept by F35 as supercruise...

The US umbrella is at that price.

Dude, we started buying oil in large numbers only much later during the war. And it was still only a fraction of what the EU bought.

And EU purchases should be counted from 2014, when Russia actually invaded Ukraine first, via Crimea. You've done a great job funding the war. It's also the time when the Russians actually built the military force that's now attacking Ukraine. It pretty much didn't exist before that.
You ramped up from the very beginning when everyone in Europe was ramping down.

Well, they made the mistake of not sanctioning Russia early enough for sure. The Russian military didn't exist before 2014, who knew?

You ramped up from the very beginning when everyone in Europe was ramping down.

Er, yes. 'Cause it wasn't our war. As far as we are concerned, we are buying cheap oil and even selling them to you.

Apart from the fact that you did not sanction Russia immediately, you are still buying Russian oil via India. That says a lot more about you than it does us. Otoh, not a peep from your lot when the Pakistanis killed millions of their own citizens that we had to rescue, and while being threatened by your people to not rescue them.

Well, they made the mistake of not sanctioning Russia early enough for sure. The Russian military didn't exist before 2014, who knew?

Yep, pretty much everything considered modern was inducted after Crimea.

• Agree
Er, yes. 'Cause it wasn't our war. As far as we are concerned, we are buying cheap oil and even selling them to you.

Apart from the fact that you did not sanction Russia immediately, you are still buying Russian oil via India. That says a lot more about you than it does us.

We're buying FA oil from you compared to what we were buying from Russia. You increased 14-fold, that says everything about you I'm afraid.

Otoh, not a peep from your lot when the Pakistanis killed millions of their own citizens that we had to rescue, and while being threatened by your people to not rescue them.
And your lot weren't promoting Bangladeshi independence at the time of course. And haven't had any massacres of your own that a certain current Indian PM turned a blind eye to.
Yep, pretty much everything considered modern was inducted after Crimea.
It's a sh1t-eaters logic to essentially say that everything inducted in the last 8 years was inducted in the last 8 years. All militaries get upgraded constantly.

And your lot weren't promoting Bangladeshi independence at the time of course. And haven't had any massacres of your own that a certain current Indian PM turned a blind eye to.

Rioting is not the same as state-sponsored genocide. And both the US and UK actually supported Pak at the time.

It's a sh1t-eaters logic to essentially say that everything inducted in the last 8 years was inducted in the last 8 years. All militaries get upgraded constantly.

Not the case with the Russians. All their major inductions started from 2014, including about 400 Flankers that they are using today.

Rioting is not the same as state-sponsored genocide. And both the US and UK actually supported Pak at the time.
It is if you tell the police to turn a blind eye. I mean JFC, you bitch about Jallianwala Bagh in which a few hundred died, meanwhile you have 'riots' which kill thousands that the authorities are apparently incapable of stopping?? I mean your first act of Independence was killing a couple million of each other. It's as if your lives only become important if you're not taking them yourselves or something.

Partition of India1947Punjab, Delhi and Sindh,
23px-British_Raj_Red_Ensign.svg.png
23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png
Dominion of India and
23px-Flag_of_Pakistan.svg.png
Dominion of Pakistan
~ 200,000–2,000,000 peopleMassacre of Sikhs and Hindus by Muslims in West Punjab and of Muslims by Sikhs and Hindus in East Punjab. The communal violence resulted in the murder of 20,000–25,000 Muslims and 45000-60000 Hindus. UNHCR estimates 14 million were displaced by the violence.
[33][34][35][36]

I mean you killed more of each other in the first year of independence than died in massacres during 200 years of occupation. In fact, I say 'first year' but it was like 3.5 months, since independence only began on August 15th. Even Hitler would be proud of that ruthless efficiency, the best he could manage was 1 million every 12 months.

Not the case with the Russians. All their major inductions started from 2014, including about 400 Flankers that they are using today.
So you're saying they didn't induct any new equipment between 2000 and 2014?