LOC Flare up: Related news and Discussions

Perhaps I didn't make my point clear initially. Yes, I am discussing about current scenario only. Living in past isn't my forte mate.
That's your view & you're entitled to it but people tend to take past records into consideration to come to a more nuanced conclusion.

Frankly, I don't believe we've conducted any such strikes without public confirmation for the simple reason that we don't know how Paxtan may react. They could very well lump it up or they could turn adventurous like 27th Feb, just to make a point.

In case of the latter scenario, even if they don't actually strike a target, the very fact that they've attempted something would be news which we won't be able to suppress which in turn would agitate public opinion who wouldn't be aware of our initiation of hostilities to which Paxtan was only responding. In which case we would be forced to retaliate setting into motion a chain of events over which we wouldn't exercise much control.

OTOH if we did strike & make public statements to the effect, the Paxtanis would be forced to retaliate. The end result will be pretty much the same - a situation whose escalatory ladder isn't quite under control of both the participants. Then there's the LAC which engages our attention.

That's your view & you're entitled to it but people tend to take past records into consideration to come to a more nuanced conclusion.

Frankly, I don't believe we've conducted any such strikes without public confirmation for the simple reason that we don't know how Paxtan may react. They could very well lump it up or they could turn adventurous like 27th Feb, just to make a point.

In case of the latter scenario, even if they don't actually strike a target, the very fact that they've attempted something would be news which we won't be able to suppress which in turn would agitate public opinion who wouldn't be aware of our initiation of hostilities to which Paxtan was only responding. In which case we would be forced to retaliate setting into motion a chain of events over which we wouldn't exercise much control.

OTOH if we did strike & make public statements to the effect, the Paxtanis would be forced to retaliate. The end result will be pretty much the same - a situation whose escalatory ladder isn't quite under control of both the participants. Then there's the LAC which engages our attention.

Succinctly put! Fully agree.
The entire idea of hitting targets in PoK from air is a climb on the escalation ladder. Most importantly, if our aim is NOT to demolish Pakistan, what's the point in inviting trouble when we already have China to take care of.
Those who are claiming today's strike to be real, I believe they should keep these factors in consideration. Media warfare is fine, but claiming success for an OP that never happened shows IA establishment in poor light IMHO.

I don't wont to suggest such things online, but think carefully about this. Remember human capital is indispensible.

Funnily enough, Pak human capital will be the first ones to hide when the shooting starts.

From whatever I have learnt to date, killing the chain of command is the hardest, especially in situations where the chain of command is already very big.

Reactions: Paro
Funnily enough, Pak human capital will be the first ones to hide when the shooting starts.

From whatever I have learnt to date, killing the chain of command is the hardest, especially in situations where the chain of command is already very big.
In a hypothetical world, what if you have your intel guys embedded services, localities etc to neutralize specific targets before the start of such hostilities?

Reactions: jetray
In a hypothetical world, what if you have your intel guys embedded services, localities etc to neutralize specific targets before the start of such hostilities?

It's gonna be very difficult, 'cause the higher up you go the more responsibly they pick people that surround them. For example, RAW eliminates such a danger by simply not recruiting those who can be a danger to the organisation. It's almost the same case within our military chain of command as well.

The same with Pakistan, where people surrounding the chain of command will have proven their credentials to be there.

The best way to kill the chain of command is by either rolling a tank over them or nuking them.

The only realistic way to kill a political or military leader by assassination is if his own people attempt it. Some tried to do that to Hitler and failed. The most famous one is Julius Caesar. We had Indira Gandhi. Or if there's a complete failure of security. Like Lincoln and Kennedy, or Rajiv Gandhi closer to home. But the latter is unlikely to happen in war-like situation.

In our security environment, since nukes are involved, enemy generals will either be moving on the field or remain hidden in underground bunkers. So the options are limited. While field commanders can be captured/killed on the field, the ones in the bunkers will have to be fished out. War with Pakistan will be far too swift for us to play a waiting game.

Even the Americans struggled to take out the chain of command in both Iraq and Afghanistan even after major operations were over and they were in control of both countries.

It's gonna be very difficult, 'cause the higher up you go the more responsibly they pick people that surround them. For example, RAW eliminates such a danger by simply not recruiting those who can be a danger to the organisation. It's almost the same case within our military chain of command as well.

The same with Pakistan, where people surrounding the chain of command will have proven their credentials to be there.

The best way to kill the chain of command is by either rolling a tank over them or nuking them.

The only realistic way to kill a political or military leader by assassination is if his own people attempt it. Some tried to do that to Hitler and failed. The most famous one is Julius Caesar. We had Indira Gandhi. Or if there's a complete failure of security. Like Lincoln and Kennedy, or Rajiv Gandhi closer to home. But the latter is unlikely to happen in war-like situation.

In our security environment, since nukes are involved, enemy generals will either be moving on the field or remain hidden in underground bunkers. So the options are limited. While field commanders can be captured/killed on the field, the ones in the bunkers will have to be fished out. War with Pakistan will be far too swift for us to play a waiting game.

Even the Americans struggled to take out the chain of command in both Iraq and Afghanistan even after major operations were over and they were in control of both countries.
None of them have the advantages we do, anyways this is not something I want to discuss further.

None of them have the advantages we do, anyways this is not something I want to discuss further.

I don't think it's difficult to surround your chain of command with people you trust. Yeah, it's a pointless discussion anyway. No point wasting time on it. But if GoI manages to take out Pak chain of command during war, then that's great and everything.

If we couldn't do it in East Pakistan in 1971 in spite of confirmed info about the PA top brass including Niazi attending a vital meeting in Dhaka restricting our aerial bombardment to peripheral areas surrounding the meeting place, what great hopes do you entertain that our top brass would do so now.Not that the two scenarios can be compared. But except for the IA, I can't think of anyone who'd let the opportunity go abegging & prolong the war. Yet that's precisely what the IA did.

These are supremely insane optimistic expectations which are totally uncharacteristic of not just you but most out here save 1 & which I'm frankly surprised to see you harbor

If we destroy their War Fighting Assets and Machinery , they will have nothing to fight with

Killing Lt Generals and Major Generals is meaningless if Majors and Colonels can still fire away the Nukes

What if 100 Brahmos ALCM
And 100 Brahmos GLCM are launched Simultaneously destroying all SAM sites and NASR launchers at once

Will PAF still be willing to Fight

I don't think it's difficult to surround your chain of command with people you trust. Yeah, it's a pointless discussion anyway. No point wasting time on it. But if GoI manages to take out Pak chain of command during war, then that's great and everything.
Indeed. Though India should also invest in counter intelligence as well. We will be having moles in our setup.

This message by PM is being retweeted by Indian embassies across world in native languages. Since PM called a Cabinet meeting on a failed terror attack, don't know when that happened last time, it is safe to assume that meeting discussed much more than killing of 4 JeM terrorists.

I think an action plan has already formed to immediately respond in case some terrorist attack does take place in future and assets are moved and narrative is being build accordingly.

Paxtanis, as usual, trying to put on a brave face. This is nervousness on display.

Reactions: RISING SUN
This message by PM is being retweeted by Indian embassies across world in native languages. Since PM called a Cabinet meeting on a failed terror attack, don't know when that happened last time, it is safe to assume that meeting discussed much more than killing of 4 JeM terrorists.

I think an action plan has already formed to immediately respond in case some terrorist attack does take place in future and assets are moved and narrative is being build accordingly.

Paxtanis, as usual, trying to put on a brave face. This is nervousness on display.

Before BIDEN's Inauguration on Jan 20
We should INAUGURATE Our RAFALES
🤗🤗

Reactions: vikata