Line of Actual Control (LAC) : India & Tibet Border Updates

There is a concerted PsyOps from our side :

From Neeraj rajput twitter account. C17 & Chinook in Ladakh with fighter jet in the sky.
Eh7KsthUwAA8tHR.jpg
Eh85iNLUYAEJlLt.jpg

More videos :

Article :

Another Chinese company about to be banned ?

They will, and that was the gist of my post. You are only focussing on the mass they are acquiring while completely neglecting the volume they have to fill. I am emphasising on the fact that although they have acquired mass much more than us, it is more than compensated by the volume they have to fill. That is why overall density remains same. Their massive acquisition of ADS doesn't mean that they are more well protected than us. Even a recent US report indicates otherwise by starting that US still doesn't have adequate ADS to protect all its troops and military installations. Same goes for China and Russia. We can take out any target in Tibet or Xinjiang if we want to, even we can hit Bejeing. That's that. The reason we are not playing at that level is that we don't require to.

They have far more than us even when considering overall density. Not to mention, the Russians and Chinese do not protect everything, the same way we don't either.

Take the Russian border. Their main fighter jet threat is to their West and East, not the North or South. In the North, those areas are not approachable by air using fighter jets, only bombers, which need long range interceptors instead of the S-400. Strictly speaking, if they place SAMs all along their threatened borders, then they need roughly 20-30 regiments, even when covering the north, but their actual inventory is much, much bigger than that.

In comparison, our inventory is barely even enough to cover one of our fronts, and that's basically just the piddly nation of Pakistan. We have plenty of SAM holes at our threatened borders. If we go by Russian logic, we will also need about 12-15 regiments of the S-400 in order to cover only the Pak-China border whereas the Russians need only twice what we do even though their country is so big.

The Chinese inventory is completely unknown, but it's definitely very big. Merely their S-300 and HQ-15 batteries numbered 100 a decade ago. Our S-400 order is likely 20 batteries in comparison. So you can imagine what we are up against. Naturally, the Chinese need only as many SAMs as we need at our borders. So all their extra batteries are available in reserve, whereas we will have none in reserve, even if our entire S-400 inventory is operational. They have practically endless attrition replacements in a fight with India.

The American SAM inventory sucks, no doubt about that, although their mainland is practically untouchable thereby removing the need for large volumes of SAMs. Literally only Alaska is threatened directly by fighter jets. American allies have a lot of SAMs though.

No wonder the explanation & graphics were so illuminating. The channel is by Rohit Vats. I'd encourage all of you to subscribe to it on YT & his handle in Twitter. I just managed the first 5 min. Will complete it late evening .

Brilliant analysis by Rohit vats from BRF. He tried to explain it in Jaipur dialogues but couldn't due to bad internet connection.

I suspect if PA ever goes into so much depth before launching an op and start gambling lives of its troops. And none of enlightened, high IQ Chinese could come up with such analysis, including Gobar Times, that Indian unverified handle has done.

That's why they chose to rant and vomit their frustrations out in a particular toxic wasteland of losers.

Reactions: Defc0n
With all of the things discussed and done, my only fear is, this current situation shouldn't be allowed to be become the new normal and the new status quo.
Indian army already holds Siachen. Maintaining troops at high altitude is costly both in terms of fund and also personnel. The possibility that IA might have to hold and maintain strength in the forward areas of Ladakh for the foreseeable future is bit worrisome. Can we do it, sure! But will we be in a comfortable position with the current situation being the norm - I don't think so. A stalemate like this, drains the country of resources that otherwise could have been used somewhere else. Our defence needed a huge overhaul, and this might push our country to finally do that, and that is good. However, in the long run, we don't benefit from having a hostile situation both with Pak and China. By now, it is general knowledge that either of those countries will not change their stance towards India until they forced to. That should be the end goal of IA and GoI. We have to, at some point of time, put an end to this nonsense. Pakistan has been an issue for such a long time and despite having sh#tload of opportunities, we have not managed to take advantage of any of them. As a result we are perpetually at a state of war with Pakistan, with them doing all sort of nonsense at the border. We have to ensure that China doesn't go the same way. We certainly don't want a situation where both China and Pakistan are participating in a year long proxy war. At some point of time, we have to take the initiative to put an end to this.
Peace is not going to work, that's established, so the next step should be violence, if that's what they truly desire. I don't think, 20 years down the line, having both China and Pakistan sh*tting on us in tandem is a reality we would like to live in.

Hope GoI and IA and the common people of India appreciate this.

Take the Russian border. Their main fighter jet threat is to their West and East, not the North or South. In the North, those areas are not approachable by air using fighter jets, only bombers, which need long range interceptors instead of the S-400.
Southern border of Russia is adjacent to China, which does pose a fighter jet threat to Russia. At least Russians reckon that and you could judge it by their deployment.

Strictly speaking, if they place SAMs all along their threatened borders, then they need roughly 20-30 regiments, even when covering the north, but their actual inventory is much, much bigger than that.

In comparison, our inventory is barely even enough to cover one of our fronts, and that's basically just the piddly nation of Pakistan. We have plenty of SAM holes at our threatened borders. If we go by Russian logic, we will also need about 12-15 regiments of the S-400 in order to cover only the Pak-China border whereas the Russians need only twice what we do even though their country is so big.
Could you explain the maths here?? Russia has a border of 57000 kms with most of it adjacent to a security threat. While we have border of length 15000 kms half of which is a coastline with no threats whatsoever. Also the number of fighter jets and missiles deployed against Russia by USA, EU and China far outnumber those deployed against us by China and Pak. The situation of Russia and India is simply not comparable. So how could you state that Russia only needs twice as much ADS than us??
The Chinese inventory is completely unknown, but it's definitely very big. Merely their S-300 and HQ-15 batteries numbered 100 a decade ago. Our S-400 order is likely 20 batteries in comparison. So you can imagine what we are up against. Naturally, the Chinese need only as many SAMs as we need at our borders. So all their extra batteries are available in reserve, whereas we will have none in reserve, even if our entire S-400 inventory is operational. They have practically endless attrition replacements in a fight with India.
The threat China faces in its eastern sector is immense. World's most advanced Airforce and navies are deployed against it. The number of fighter jets and missiles ( both ground base and sea based) deployed against China in that sector is the biggest reason of their massive acquisition of ADS. Just because Chinese have huge inventory of ADS doesn't mean that they can deploy all of them against us. Situation in their East doesn't permit them. At most they could deploy 1/3 of their inventory.
As I have said earlier the overall density is somewhat equal with those bigger nations having slight edge due to obvious reasons but we are catching up too.

I think all indigenous platforms deployed in Ladakh have done trials earlier. This should be seen as operational deployment without FOC.
So you're saying IA would just deploy 1 or 2 WhAPs' or a couple of M4's without any prior operational expertise randomly against the chinese who have hundreds of such vehicles

What if they have to fight with USA afterwards?

At this time, they are incapable of fighting the US. They do not have tech parity. So their absolute superiority in air defence systems over the US does not matter. Also, the USAF does not have the capability necessary to attack Chinese ADS reliably since the F-22 and F-35 do not have the range or the bases, and USN does not operate enough F-35s. So all the US can do is drop their massive inventory of cruise missiles on the Chinese from long range. Things will change in the future for both, but only after 2030.

Southern border of Russia is adjacent to China, which does pose a fighter jet threat to Russia. At least Russians reckon that and you could judge it by their deployment.

With Southern, I meant Central Asia, not China. I put China and the US in the Russian east actually.

Could you explain the maths here?? Russia has a border of 57000 kms with most of it adjacent to a security threat. While we have border of length 15000 kms half of which is a coastline with no threats whatsoever. Also the number of fighter jets and missiles deployed against Russia by USA, EU and China far outnumber those deployed against us by China and Pak. The situation of Russia and India is simply not comparable. So how could you state that Russia only needs twice as much ADS than us??

Just use a map and cover up their east and west with enough 400Km circles. We need 12. They need anywhere between 20-25. Add some reserves and overlap and we get 15 and 30. The Russians only need 8 or 9 regiments along their west for example, whereas we need 5. Then I put 12 in their south and east, which takes us to 20-21. The rest would be overlap and reserves. The remaining territory will need fighter jets instead of SAMs. Then bring in other types of SAMs, like the Buk, S-350, S-300, and S-500.

Anyway, what you pointed out is exactly what I said. The level they are fighting at is very different from ours. Whereas what we have deployed is practically nothing so far. I mean, they already have 28 regiments of the S-400 while we have zero.

The threat China faces in its eastern sector is immense. World's most advanced Airforce and navies are deployed against it. The number of fighter jets and missiles ( both ground base and sea based) deployed against China in that sector is the biggest reason of their massive acquisition of ADS. Just because Chinese have huge inventory of ADS doesn't mean that they can deploy all of them against us. Situation in their East doesn't permit them. At most they could deploy 1/3 of their inventory.
As I have said earlier the overall density is somewhat equal with those bigger nations having slight edge due to obvious reasons but we are catching up too.

Bro, that's exactly what I'm saying. They are all at a level that we aren't.

And yeah, only a small amount of what the Chinese have is needed to fight us. Also, the US is not particularly comfortable with their current inventory against China, they need the B-21 and PCA in large numbers. Until then the Chinese have a lot of flexibility in moving their ADS towards India as attrition replacements, especially in a situation where the US decides not to attack China.

We are dealing with too many hypotheticals here. Let's get those 12 regiments of the S-400 that we need. By the time that's done our economy should start comparing with the Chinese.

Reactions: JustCurious