Line of Actual Control (LAC) : India & Tibet Border Updates

giving me infraction for telling truth will not help @Ashwin you can ban me directly. I am done. Try to show bravado and beat the chinese and take back mansarovar, I am not putting salt on your wounds just reminding you your past and what you have lost.

They want salt water? Man that is more unbelivable claim.

I have a better explaination. They want to secure access to Tibet via Xinjiang and access to Chusul. Its not a water war.

About China fighting to capture salt water lake for its water?
Not that , Pangong is indeed fresh on eastern side with aquatic wildlife but wester is saline

Reactions: screambowl
giving me infraction for telling truth will not help @Ashwin you can ban me directly. I am done. Try to show bravado and beat the chinese and take back mansarovar, I am not putting salt on your wounds just reminding you your past and what you have lost.
I edited out the abuse you wrote about former FS. It's not worth infraction. I see you are always looking for high horse.

I edited out the abuse you wrote about former FS. It's not worth infraction. I see you are always looking for high horse.

Shivshanker Menon deserves more abuses for what he did being as NSA in UPA. He could have resigned and gave the command to some one brave who could resist Madam ji and MMS but he melted for the greed of the post.

Not that , Pangong is indeed fresh on eastern side with aquatic wildlife but wester is saline
I am not even debating that. It is his rest of understanding which is weird. He believes it is for water... then for fish and now for Pakistan and now its J&K and economic reasons... See the pattern here?

Last edited:
They want all your J&K. For economic reasons, that's a better explanation.
They = China? Right?

So now it is economic reason and target is J&K AND Laddakh? That gets really weird really fast. Why? Because that will mean a fight with India AND Pakistan.

BTW what economic reasons they have in J&K? What kind of treasure is there in J&K for them?

Which exact tributry you are talking about? Because location of Dhumkar dam site is about 200 KM from LAC.

Nubra is the last valley on the way to Siachen, and Nubra river originates from Siachen, where India has got a dam, the river later meets the Shyok river very important for POK.
This is a strategic place and in Tibetan map this place was known as Yarma Tsangpo. Chinese also have eye on this. To cut Siachen taking on Nubra is very important for them. They can't take Siachen without having Nubra valley withing their reach.

This is basically a whole Indus river basin, what Chinese want. They don't want to reach Xinjiang, they want to reach Gilgit directly through Ladakh and from there to Xinjiang and Kazakistan.

This is why DBO is highly important for India and this is why India is making road to DBO which Chinese are objecting.

So now it is economic reason and target is J&K AND Laddakh? That gets really weird really fast. Why? Because that will mean a fight with India AND Pakistan

Pakistan has already given a part of POK to Chinese, you think Pakistan can say anything to China?

I am not really sure that gifting Kashmir to China will workout for any one in Pakistan. Its the sole reson for existance of Pakistan.

Really sir?

They have gifted Balochistan to China already. And 1/3rd of Ladakh is already in China lol. What is happening is Ladakh is not a tactical thing it has strategic importance this is why there is a fuzz at LAC.

This is basically a whole Indus river basin, what Chinese want. They don't want to reach Xinjiang, they want to reach Gilgit directly through Ladakh and from there to Xinjiang and Kazakistan.
Okay so its now connectivity. From water to fish to connectivity. Remember, some pages back you were talking almost exclusively about water...

Lets see connectivity. Remember they already have one connecting road going via karakoram pass. CPEC. And this route has not been much useful to either China or Pakistan.

Last edited:
No one migrates to desert people settle across river banks I guess. :unsure:
Wait a sec... Are you suggesting China want to settle people in Laddakh?

Why will anyone in China want to migrate to Laddakh? its not as if Chinese are running out of space?

Laddakh is as remote as it gets. Heck its even too far from eastern flank of China where all the industry is located.

If you are so sure that they won't then remove your military simple. 🤣
I roughly know about real Chinese designs in Laddakh, what I am not sure about those 10 feet Chinese you were talking about few pages back who wanted water and fishes from Ladakh. Or Chinese who want to connect to central Asia via Laddakh or those Chinese who want to live in Ladakh.

The Chinese I know want to secure their route to Tibet via Xinjiang and keep a route to Chusul to ensure that they have India by juglar vein.

BTW, the military there is to push our claim on the land they have acquired. Remember, we claim lands till johnson line.