Line of Actual Control (LAC) : India & Tibet Border Updates

I roughly know about real Chinese designs in Laddakh, what I am not sure about those 10 feet Chinese you were talking about few pages back who wanted water and fishes from Ladakh. Or Chinese who want to connect to central Asia via Laddakh or those Chinese who want to live in Ladakh.

The Chinese I know want to secure their route to Tibet via Xinjiang and keep a route to Chusul to ensure that they have India by juglar vein.

They already have India by juglar vein dude, it's only DBO which is left. You guys are very late this is what I believe and I could be wrong. It will be childish to mention it for water or connectivity, let's say for their economic designs.

BTW, the military there is to push our claim on the land they have acquired. Remember, we claim lands till johnson line.

This is the problem with Indians, they need a third world countryman to demarcate their borders as well.

They already have India by juglar vein dude, it's only DBO which is left.
I will leave that topic for later because its something of massive topic of its own.

It will be childish to mention it for water or connectivity

But weren't you drilling that point "World cares about water!!! China wants water!!! India does not!!!" just some pages back?

let's say for their economic designs.
I will love to know what economic designs.

But weren't you drilling that point "World cares about water!!! China wants water!!! India does not!!!" just some pages back?

I still am. Without water there is no economy. Or in your world there may be. remember a lake or river body can be used for both transportation and drinking. etc

It seems These talks are ought to fail. They will only succeed at PM and President level. Indian Military and PLA won't come to any conclusions. I think Xi wants to talk to Modi regarding current trade and global situation and Modi is not willing to talk. So pressure tactic.

They already have India by juglar vein dude, it's only DBO which is left. You guys are very late this is what I believe and I could be wrong. It will be childish to mention it for water or connectivity, let's say for their economic designs.

This is the problem with Indians, they need a third world countryman to demarcate their borders as well.

Not sure why someone holding india by juglar vein is helplessly showing to the world about Indian aggression in doklam

1591436505866.png

Reactions: Sulla84
My limited point is why despite knowing chinese design we were caught napping.
We are sending bofors to the LAC,whereas not even a limited order of ATAGS,we ordered M777 in a limited number yet did not back it with order for Bharat forge's M777equivalent.chinese were upgrading their flankers yet we were sleeping.we ordered Apache yet no order for LCH despite it clearing trials .we have whap by Tata yet it is waiting for order similarly no order for namica and pinaka .

Wasn't this govt supposed to be better at security ,if we would have given order to these indigenous system not only it would have acted as a stimulus package but also massive deterrence.adhocism can work against Pakistan but never against the China.

Most of the generals who write seems to convey that they don't have confidence in tackling the China and we are stuck neither here nor there ie .neither a massive domestic ecosystem which will ensure that in case of war we will never short of weapon nor foreign equipment in substantial quantity to create deterrence.

China claims arunachal by calling it southern Tibet wheras we are not even claiming mansarovar if nothing else it would have created more lever to our position.

I mean Chinese claim is based on cultural history yet we shudder even at the prospect of putting counter claim.

PS. Was mansarovar ever a part of India after independence??

Give source to your claims or just shut up.

You don't even give a convincing argument. Always going back to some lame statements like 'indians can't critical think'. How about start connecting your thinking and writing ?

Nope I won't give any source you can delete that post and live in ignorance!

Was mansarovar ever a part of India after independence??

Never, but could have been if India had supported Tibet. Dogras 200 years ago tried to capture it but got defeated. Gurkhas tried to annex it but again got defeated by the qing dynasts. It was a constant region of clashes. Later Chinese successfully annexed it.

Reactions: AbRaj and vikata
China using psy-ops in engagement with India .
China does not need to do anything. We have likes of "The Print", AAP, Retd Lt Gen Panag, Rahul Gandhi, Ajai Shukla, Praveen "5G AI Software defined" Sahawane to do it for them.

In my humble opinion, there is no need to be harsh. Do show him the facts though. The facts do not support his claim of a water war between India and China.

So according to you there is no water war b/w India and China?

Read about South north water transfer project
In addition, there are long-standing plans to divert about 200 billion cubic metres of water annually from the upstream sections of six rivers in southwestern China, including the Mekong (Lancang River), the Yarlung Zangbo (called Brahmaputra further downstream) and the Salween (Nu River), to the Yangtze River, the Yellow River and ultimately to the dry areas of northern China through a system of reservoirs, tunnels and natural rivers.[18] The project was considered too immense and costly to be undertaken at the time. The respective rivers are transboundary and any diversion would affect India and Bangladesh in South Asia, and Myanmar, Laos, Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam in Southeast Asia.[citation needed]

Both the Chinese and Indian governments have made assiduous efforts to desecuritise their water dispute. This is puzzling, because both countries have securitised most of the disputes between them, including the border dispute, Tibet, and the Dalai Lama issue. The triggers for securitisation exist in the China–India water dispute. Both countries are water-scarce, prone to floods and droughts in their shared river basins, and the water dispute is inextricably linked to their border dispute. Power asymmetries between the two countries also incentivise both sides to securitise their water dispute. China, the upstream riparian and more powerful of the two, could use water as leverage in border negotiations, while India could use securitisation as a tactic to gain attention and offset China's greater aggregate power. The tendency is also for water disputes around the world to be painted as existential threats. Why, then, do China and India desecuritise their water dispute? Furthermore, despite desecuritisation, cooperation between them has remained low, confined to an expert-level mechanism, and memorandums of understandings on sharing hydrological data. This refutes the conventional view that desecuritisation is a normative good that can lead to genuine cooperation. This paper uses the Q methodology, which is a quantitative measure of ideas and perceptions, to address these puzzles. Based on a Q survey of Chinese and Indian experts on the water conflict, we argue that ideas are essential to shaping Chinese and Indian behaviour. Material explanations do not adequately explicate the complexities and nuances of the water dispute because they are too broad and general to be useful. The Q survey revealed in depth the myriad of ideas and debates surrounding the water dispute. These views and beliefs explain why the Chinese and Indian governments desecuritise their water dispute and why, despite desecuritisation, cooperation remains low.

Overall, the pattern shows the PLA’s desperate design to snatch the lake at Lukung through a three-pronged strategy of attacking from Sirijap in the north, Chuchul in the south and through the lake water from middle. This is the key chokepoint from where the Chinese can cut off Indian access to the entire flank of Chip Chap plains, Aksai Chin in the east and Shayok Valley to the north, which means that Indian control is pushed to the west of the Shyok river and south of the Indus river, forcing India to accept both rivers as natural boundaries. And once China gets control of the southern side of the Karakoram it can easily approach Siachen Glacier from the Depsang corridor and meet at Tashkurgan junction from where the CPEC crosses into Gilgit-Baltistan
source: As China intrudes across LAC, India must be alert to a larger strategic shift

Last edited:
In my humble opinion, there is no need to be harsh. Do show him the facts though. The facts do not support his claim of a water war between India and China.
Have known him for so long enough. Running away is his thing. Also burden of proof.

I'm more concerned about wasting so many posts because he couldn't substantiate his argument. A new member now will have to go through so much of squabble to get to the point.
Nope I won't give any source you can delete that post and live in ignorance!
Yes, go running. You shouldn't have claim it without confidence.

Reactions: Rosicky7
Have known him for so long enough. Running away is his thing. Also burden of proof.

I'm more concerned about wasting so many posts because he couldn't substantiate his argument. A new member now will have to go through so much of squabble to get to the point.

Yes, go running. You shouldn't have claim it without confidence.

I would request others to prove me wrong.

Lol, Chinese are deploying light tanks against our T72s and T90s. I wonder how long it would take for our tanks to turn Chinese armour into hot metal.