Line of Actual Control (LAC) : India & Tibet Border Updates

Pangon Tso is brackish water lake. It has so much salt in it that its water is not fit for fishes or for drinking. It cann't support fish life. It freezes in winter. I don't see why will China go after it as a "source of water". It is basically as useful as sea water. The reason for Chinese claim is another. It provides access to strategically important Chusul. Also to Tibet in east.

I highly doubt it is about water. As far as I know it is about access to Tibet.

Fishery in Pangong lake, Where you get this news? :oops: It's a saline water lake, not freshwater.

The eastern side of Pangong Tso which is under Chinese control is fresh water and western part within Indian control is saline water. Chinese have put fishing industry there, some belly fish and making money, and Indian are sitting talking big only.

This is why I say, Indians don't understand what they fight for. Indians lack intitiative and critical thinking. Chinese took the fresh water part of the lake from you in 1962 😅

Indians Indians Indians!!!

No neta will tell you this.

• Haha
Reactions: TARGET and Ashwin
The eastern side of Pangong Tso which is under Chinese control is fresh water and western part within Indian control is saline water. Chinese have put fishing industry there, some belly fish.
What.. So, the chinese have installed a Reverse osmosis plant which is invisible to the naked eye, at the LAC which passes through the lake ? Some of your arguments are truly, out of the box, and worth pondering over.. but some are really insane...

The eastern side of Pangong Tso which is under Chinese control is fresh water and western part within Indian control is saline water. Chinese have put fishing industry there, some belly fish and making money, and Indian are sitting talking big only.

This is why I say, Indians don't understand what they fight for. Indians lack intitiative and critical thinking. Chinese took the fresh water part of the lake from you in 1962 😅

Source?

What.. So, the chinese have installed a Reverse osmosis plant which is invisible to the naked eye, at the LAC which passes through the lake ? Some of your arguments are truly, out of the box, and worth pondering over.. but some are really insane...
(n)
well if I put a source you will call it biased, I would request you to do your own research :)
Thank you!

I am yet to see one single reliable source to this claim, but lets EVEN take this at its face value. Lets assume eastern side is fresh water. Trouble for you is that India NEVER claimed eastern side :

1591428621408.png

Our eastern most claim, the johnson line DOES NOT pass through the eastern side. It pass through the middle of the lake. And ALL that part is salt water.

Source :

I am yet to see one single reliable source to this claim, but lets EVEN take this at its face value. Lets assume eastern side is fresh water. Trouble for you is that India NEVER claimed eastern side :

View attachment 16345

Our eastern most claim, the johnson line DOES NOT pass through the eastern side. It pass through the middle of the lake. And ALL that part is salt water.

Source :

That is India's problem, if they don't dare to claim. Claiming something and taking over the territory requires broad thinking which Indians lack. 70 years ago Indians were fighting which eachother and Britishers united Indians. So I have stopped expecting something big from India. At most Indians can boast about being Tamil, Jaat Gurjar and Rajput or fight for reservation. Maximum level of bravado!!

Coming to source, well, go there yourself taste the water. No matter how many sources I paste here, I am not going to convince you because ' you have made your mind' not to get convinced. :)

Tibet and Nepal could have been Indian territory if Indians had showed some balls and correct thinking irrespective of making victory sign on TV drinking tea and talking big.

Guru ji kya Bol rahe ho aap.1/2 lake salt and 1/2 fresh without any separation.
.Its violation of Diffusion principal. But agar aap ne bola hai to satya hi hoga.

That is India's problem, if they don't dare to claim. Claiming something and taking over the territory requires broad thinking which Indians lack. 70 years ago Indians were fighting which eachother and Britishers united Indians. So I have stopped expecting something big from India. At most Indians can boast about being Tamil, Jaat Gurjar and Rajput or fight for reservation. Maximum level of bravado!!

Coming to source, well, go there yourself taste the water. No matter how many sources I paste here, I am not going to convince you because ' you have made your mind' not to get convinced. :)

Tibet and Nepal could have been Indian territory if Indians had showed some balls and correct thinking irrespective of making victory sign on TV drinking tea and talking big.

Well, if you want to go that way, then put claim over Beijing directly! Why bother with Pangong Tso lake? This is simple baloney.

Lets get back to the point we were talking about. Why will China claim the western part of Pangong Tso lake which is under Indian control for water IF it is salt water? No fishes, no fresh water. What do they have to gain by claiming it? The aledgely good part, eastern part, which is in Tibet is already under their control and not even claimed.
.Its violation of Diffusion principal. But agar aap ne bola hai to satya hi hoga.
No he is saying something even more funny. The east side of the lake which has never been our claim -- forget if it is salt water or fresh water -- should be claimed because it has fishes. And China is claiming western part which is provably salt water for its water.

I mean this is pure baloney.

I don't mind claiming land in Tibet just to piss Chinese off, but for Fish and water???? WTF?

I guess its safe to say that entire "China invading India for fresh water" is pure BS. Tibet has massive amount of fresh water.

@Falcon Sir, am I missing some thing here?

Last edited:

Yes the eastern part of Pangong Tso is fresh water and more magic is it freezes completely despite being saline on western side as well, been there 5 times. Because east basin and west basin are both different in geography, one is monomictic and influences of river other dimictic
. Go to ladakh ask any one. Now days Chinese have restaurant there which sells fresh water fish directly fished from the lake ;)

There are lot of things which netas don't tell you and just fool citizens of India by showing themselves winner when in actual they failed the nation.
The east side of the lake which has never been our claim -- forget if it is salt water or fresh water -- should be claimed because it has fishes. And China is claiming western part which is provably salt water for its water.

Your netas tell you what India claims, and you believe them blindly. Mansarovar lost to China and Kailash parvat is now in China what more shameful is for Indians?
No fishes, no fresh water. What do they have to gain by claiming it? The aledgely good part, eastern part, which is in Tibet is already under their control and not even claimed.

Soon ladakh will be under Chinese control too, and some one like you seeing the map after 50 years will say, no India doesn't claim Ladakh because it's not in India's map and India doesn't claim it .

Well, if you want to go that way, then put claim over Beijing directly! Why bother with Pangong Tso lake? This is simple baloney

You can do so if you have will. When Mongolians can do that what's stopping Indians? Dhoti shivering?

Reactions: AbRaj
Your netas tell you what India claims, and you believe them blindly. Mansarovar lost to China and Kailash parvat is now in China what more shameful is for Indians?
Neta don't tell me, I have more reliable ways. It is called books and history. And lets talk about topic at hand first, shall we? : Why will China claim western part of Pagnong Tso lake, which is salt water, has no fishes when they already have eastern part with magic water and fishes? If all this was about fresh water? Especially when India does not even lay a claim on magical eastern side of the lake? Why go through so much trouble to get salt water when you can get all the salt water from the sea?

I guess its safe to say that entire "China invading India for fresh water" is pure BS. Tibet has massive amount of fresh water.

They invaded a free country. Tibet had a religious head of state!
Why will China claim western part of Pagnong Tso lake, which is salt water, has no fishes when they already have eastern part with magic water and fishes? If all this was about water? Why go through so much trouble to get salt water when you can get all the salt water from the sea?

To thrash your potential of tourism. But they won't , their main aim is Nubra from where main tributary of Indus comes. And Pakistan will make sure it happens.

China expected Modi or atleast Doval, Jaishankar to run towards Beijing by now. Forget about personal visit, no one is even dialing Beijing from Delhi
Why? We didn't do so in 2013.

Give source to your claims or just shut up.

You don't even give a convincing argument. Always going back to some lame statements like 'indians can't critical think'. How about start connecting your thinking and writing ?

Yes the eastern part of Pangong Tso is fresh water and more magic is it freezes completely despite being saline on western side as well, been there 5 times. Because east basin and west basin are both different in geography, one is monomictic and influences of river other dimictic
. Go to ladakh ask any one. Now days Chinese have restaurant there which sells fresh water fish directly fished from the lake ;)

There are lot of things which netas don't tell you and just fool citizens of India by showing themselves winner when in actual they failed the nation.

Soon ladakh will be under Chinese control too, and some one like you seeing the map after 50 years will say, no India doesn't claim Ladakh because it's not in India's map and India doesn't claim it .

You can do so if you have will. When Mongolians can do that what's stopping Indians? Dhoti shivering?
Freezing is not a problem. Sea water in polar areas freeze all the time. But this phenomenon of different salinity in the same lake is unheard of.

It is they want water and land what else armies fight for?
They want salt water? Man that is more unbelivable claim.

I have a better explaination. They want to secure access to Tibet via Xinjiang and access to Chusul. Its not a water war.
@screambowl is actually right. Instead of trashing him , do look up wiki

About China fighting to capture salt water lake for its water?

Errr... Largest tributory of Indus is Chenab. And it originates from HP. NOT Laddakh.

Oh Bhai, Chenab is itself a river and I am talking about Nubra not Himachal. Stay in Ladakh
They want salt water? Man that is more unbelivable claim.

I have a better explaination. They want to secure access to Tibet via Xinjiang and access to Chusul. Its not a water war.

They want all your J&K. For economic reasons, that's a better explanation.