Line of Actual Control (LAC) : India & Tibet Border Updates

India`s nuclear strategy shifts focus from Pakistan to China, Beijing now in range of New Delhi`s missiles: Report
India has shifted some of its nukes to China border I suppose...😳😳😱😱

If you think that the US is going to war with China just because the Chinese virus has claimed more than 1 lakh lives in the US & that it's going to initiate such a move in the SCS by targeting the PLAN then congratulations. I've nothing to say.
I have given one more reason. And yes due to Presidential elections, public sentiment is presently a very important factor in decision making of US administration.

India`s nuclear strategy shifts focus from Pakistan to China, Beijing now in range of New Delhi`s missiles: Report
India has shifted some of its nukes to China border I suppose...😳😳😱😱
Babaji is nice entertainment on twitter. Good for disturbing the peace of mind of pakistanis. Not good for any serious discussion though.

Reactions: Ashwin
Babaji is nice entertainment on twitter. Good for disturbing the peace of mind of pakistanis. Not good for any serious discussion though.
I agree he has lost his marbles.. but there are multiple sources confirming India has designated Chinese cities for Agni and other missiles. This means they are now hair trigger ready for the launch now while earlier nukes and missiles were kept separately. Only short range Pakistan specific nukes were ready to use earlier now China specific nukes too are on hair trigger ready status....

I agree he has lost his marbles.. but there are multiple sources confirming India has designated Chinese cities for Agni and other missiles. This means they are now hair trigger ready for the launch now while earlier nukes and missiles were kept separately. Only short range Pakistan specific nukes were ready to use earlier now China specific nukes too are on hair trigger ready status....
The SFC plans accordingly over a long period of time and accordingly assigns targets to its assets. Nothing is knee jerk. Nothing has changed now.

I don't think any leadership would want to lose a border war with an adversary. My point is more focused on OrBat and the escalation matrix. PLA (AF and RF) have committed troops and equipment with respect to border issue for WTC. Simply deploying troops without training for geography and nature of threat would be just putting up more Canon fodder.
Everything boils downs to logistics and supply lines. They have three to four airfields in the Tibetan areas, it certainly cannot harbor the entire PLAAF. The threat from their rocket force is real and the only unkown in the composition. Effectiveness of rocket artillery in Mountains is another matter.
Anyway force wise comparison will yield a better view.
If no government is willing to lose a war then you'd have to think like a Chinese & come up with what it takes to win it. With their present force levels deployed on the LAC, they can't win the war nor force a stalemate. So unless it's your contention that in case the first shot is fired , all we have to do is make an appearance & mop them up, let's factor in everything we haven't considered.

Even if this is a short sharp border war which ends in our favor & that's a big if, this doesn't end here. They'd come back for more either way. Then there's the threat of a live border like on our western Front . Of course the last two statements don't matter much as of today .

Their rocket forces would be targeting our forces & mostly our bases along with supply lines in the hinterland. Add to it their cyber forces & the disruption they can cause.

Reactions: Paro
US always wants to maintain a regional balance of power, that is why it waged war in gulf as the conventional capability of Iraqi armed force had created an instability there. And US destroyed those war machines and restored the balance
Iraqi conventional capability ? By the time of the US invasion in 2003, sanctions had pretty much destroyed Iraqi military capability. All that the invasion by the clown named Bush accomplished was destroying the self balancing enmity between Iran and Iraq, which was key to US balance of power politics in the middle east. Now Iraq is largely under Iranian sway, and it now takes a more active US involvement in the region to balance Iran.

Iraqi conventional capability ? By the time of the US invasion in 2003, sanctions had pretty much destroyed Iraqi military capability. All that the invasion by the clown named Bush accomplished was destroying the self balancing enmity between Iran and Iraq, which was key to US balance of power politics in the middle east. Now Iraq is largely under Iranian sway, and it now takes a more active US involvement in the region to balance Iran.
Sir ji I was talking about 1991 Gulf war.

India should cancel the next talks with China at the last moment and not give any reasons.
No point in holding so many talks without progress , keep them guessing by leaking news of build up on our side (does not have to be accurate). Be unpredictable. Before every talk , introduce a new sanction against the Chinese.

Also wishfull thinking like below should be restricted strictly to forums like this -
Pakistan wont join hostilities .
China won't use its best weapons.
Usa will open a 2nd front.
India will suddenly become super efficient and the Chinese will collapse.

Wishful thinking is like sending a 200 strong indian Olympics team every 4 years and expecting scores of medals from athletes who are not in the top 20 in the world.

Be prepared for the worse . Except a tough fight. Prepare the troops for a tough battle.
Dont depend on the goodwill or the perceived incompetence of the enemy.

After losing 20 men , a peaceful withdrawal should not be the preferred option. A limited kinetic action should take place.

Chinese are scum and i speak from having worked with them for years and from the experience of 62 veterans.

Reactions: Arvind
India should cancel the next talks with China at the last moment and not give any reasons.
No point in holding so many talks without progress , keep them guessing by leaking news of build up on our side (does not have to be accurate). Be unpredictable. Before every talk , introduce a new sanction against the Chinese.

Also wishfull thinking like below should be restricted strictly to forums like this -

Wishful thinking is like sending a 200 strong indian Olympics team every 4 years and expecting scores of medals from athletes who are not in the top 20 in the world.

Be prepared for the worse . Except a tough fight. Prepare the troops for a tough battle.

After losing 20 men , a peaceful withdrawal should not be the preferred option. A limited kinetic action should take place.

Chinese are scum and i speak from having worked with them for years and from the experience of 62 veterans.

You are Right

But China' s objectives of pushing the LAC have not been achieved

And they have withdrawn from a few places

We will have to wait till winter for more clarity about the actual position

We are doing 1 grave mistake here.

It's foreign ministers task to do negotiations. Not armed forces, armed forces are for fighting, not negotiating.

Everyone here reacts to the twitter posts of some people who have vested interests. Again and again I had pointed out that we must believe what comes out of IA only and Army Commander, Northern command had made clear statements as to what is demanded of Chinese and where the redlines are. members here seem to have lost their mental balance as well as they report of heavy movement of our own troops and yet fall pray to those idiots who say that war is not an option.
We will have to wait till winter for more clarity about the actual position
We will not wait till winter. We will excercise our options much before.

I doubt that. Any loss in mainland China is an existential threat for CCP and PLA. Authoritarian regimes survives on their image of invincibility. China couldn't risk it. IMO if thrust comes from both fronts then they would be happy to leave Tibet alone and fight with all their strength in mainland.

How so? The US is not going to commit to a land invasion. So most of the GAs they have can be used against India.

And they can't fight the USAF/USN today. All they will do is hide or suffer losses. Or use it against India instead.

Their options are to fight both India and US, do what you say, lose both, and lose their image in the process. Or retreat back entirely and play defence against the US, and push for a victory over India, thereby keeping their face.

Even the Chinese public know that the US is too strong to fight, so there is no loss of face in case of a defeat for the CCP. But they definitely cannot afford a loss against India, so more resources will be poured in towards a victory against India.

Also, they do not really have to commit as much as you think in a fight against India when it comes to the air force. 1/3rd of their modern 4th and 4.5th gen jets are enough to counter our own fleet of about 300 jets we have earmarked to deal with them and it will still give them numerical parity. If you simplify it, then it's just 2 regiments each of J11B(4/4.5th), J-16(4.5th), J-10A(4th) and J-10C(4.5th), only the J-10A and some J-11B lack AESA radar now. That's 240 jets. Add 2 regiments of JH-7 as well, which takes it to 288 jets minimum. And also add 40 H-6 minimum out of their total fleet of 180 bombers. All that and it still leaves 2/3rd of their fleet to deal with the US.

How so? The US is not going to commit to a land invasion. So most of the GAs they have can be used against India.
How could you be so sure?? US doesn't maintains largest marine force UN peace keeping operations. I also would like to make a bold prediction here that I won't be surprised if Indian troops get ferried in US LHDs for eastern coast of China.

And they can't fight the USAF/USN today. All they will do is hide or suffer losses. Or use it against India instead.
They would be suffering those losses in mainland China. All their resources are located there. Once it happens they won't be able to relocate anything against us.

Their options are to fight both India and US, do what you say, lose both, and lose their image in the process. Or retreat back entirely and play defence against the US, and push for a victory over India, thereby keeping their face.
Your assessment is based on your assumption of no land invasion in eastern theatre. But that is simply wrong. And once US will launch a full scale land invasion with its allies in eastern coast all the attention of Chinese leadership will be focussed on saving mainland and thus the skin of themselves. A barren Tibet land for them would be something which could wait.

Even the Chinese public know that the US is too strong to fight, so there is no loss of face in case of a defeat for the CCP.
Wrong. Chinese people only know what they are being told by CCP. While CCP may have made the image of US as a very big threat for Chinese sovreignity and values but at the same time it must has also painted its even bigger image of a saviour. That is how authoritarian regimes work. And when all those lies will start getting exposed in front of Chinese people in their own land there would be a revolt.
But they definitely cannot afford a loss against India, so more resources will be poured in towards a victory against India.
I would like to put an analogy here. Assume that a person's house is in danger by two other men. One is destroying his house and second one is encroaching a piece of his garden. Now you tell me that suffering a defeat from which one would be a bigger loss of face??

Also, they do not really have to commit as much as you think in a fight against India when it comes to the air force. 1/3rd of their modern 4th and 4.5th gen jets are enough to counter our own fleet of about 300 jets we have earmarked to deal with them and it will still give them numerical parity. If you simplify it, then it's just 2 regiments each of J11B(4/4.5th), J-16(4.5th), J-10A(4th) and J-10C(4.5th), only the J-10A and some J-11B lack AESA radar now. That's 240 jets. Add 2 regiments of JH-7 as well, which takes it to 288 jets minimum. And also add 40 H-6 minimum out of their total fleet of 180 bombers. All that and it still leaves 2/3rd of their fleet to deal with the US.
Problem is that they have no place to field even that number of jets against us. They have only four airbases 3 of which lack even hardened shelters. They may try to field jets in airports but they too suffer from this problem. CCP knows that they can't fight with us otherwise they have attacked us already. All this posturing is only for warning us to stay away from the bigger fight which is soon going to start.

• Haha
Reactions: Shaktimaan
Everyone here reacts to the twitter posts of some people who have vested interests. Again and again I had pointed out that we must believe what comes out of IA only and Army Commander, Northern command had made clear statements as to what is demanded of Chinese and where the redlines are. members here seem to have lost their mental balance as well as they report of heavy movement of our own troops and yet fall pray to those idiots who say that war is not an option.

We will not wait till winter. We will excercise our options much before.

By now the govt should have an idea about the economic impact of COVID, with majority of the public knowing by the end of August. And by end September, the govt should have a clear idea of the overall impact and whether we are going back to normal. Plus monsoons will be over. So I don't think anything's gonna happen until September at least.

India's Jan-Mar Q4 growth was only 4.2%, which was already not good. And the Q1 will be known next month, which should be negative.
China's Jan-Mar Q1 growth was -6.8% and Q2 was 3.2%, or so they claim.

The Chinese should have more options than we do considering their economy is going back on track soon. They can begin tonight itself, if they want to.

Reactions: Hydra
How could you be so sure?? US doesn't maintains largest marine force UN peace keeping operations. I also would like to make a bold prediction here that I won't be surprised if Indian troops get ferried in US LHDs for eastern coast of China.

Simple. Because it's impossible. The only way for a land invasion to work is for the US to first defeat N Korea and take over their country and use that as a launchpad for an invasion into China.

They would be suffering those losses in mainland China. All their resources are located there. Once it happens they won't be able to relocate anything against us.

They can defend that much.

Your assessment is based on your assumption of no land invasion in eastern theatre. But that is simply wrong. And once US will launch a full scale land invasion with its allies in eastern coast all the attention of Chinese leadership will be focussed on saving mainland and thus the skin of themselves. A barren Tibet land for them would be something which could wait.

That doesn't evne happen in movies.

I would recommend reading up on the Normandy landings.

Wrong. Chinese people only know what they are being told by CCP. While CCP may have made the image of US as a very big threat for Chinese sovreignity and values but at the same time it must has also painted its even bigger image of a saviour. That is how authoritarian regimes work. And when all those lies will start getting exposed in front of Chinese people in their own land there would be a revolt.

What lies? How do you tell the truth to a brainwashed mass?

I would like to put an analogy here. Assume that a person's house is in danger by two other men. One is destroying his house and second one is encroaching a piece of his garden. Now you tell me that suffering a defeat from which one would be a bigger loss of face??

Obviously such an analogy doesn't work here.

Problem is that they have no place to field even that number of jets against us. They have only four airbases 3 of which lack even hardened shelters. They may try to field jets in airports but they too suffer from this problem. CCP knows that they can't fight with us otherwise they have attacked us already. All this posturing is only for warning us to stay away from the bigger fight which is soon going to start.

Building a runway takes a day, and adding a tunnel or two into a mountain to house your jets takes less than a week. The Chinese can build 10 new air bases by the time we take down the ones they have.

By now the govt should have an idea about the economic impact of COVID, with majority of the public knowing by the end of August. And by end September, the govt should have a clear idea of the overall impact and whether we are going back to normal. Plus monsoons will be over. So I don't think anything's gonna happen until September at least.

India's Jan-Mar Q4 growth was only 4.2%, which was already not good. And the Q1 will be known next month, which should be negative.
China's Jan-Mar Q1 growth was -6.8% and Q2 was 3.2%, or so they claim.

The Chinese should have more options than we do considering their economy is going back on track soon. They can begin tonight itself, if they want to.
IMO, anything can happen after 20th Aug.

Reactions: HariPrasad