Jammu & Kashmir live updates: GOI remove all provisions of Article 370

Pakistan has formally requested Emergency session of the UNSC.

Expect a veto from US / France / Russia or all of them
Not so easy... All these permanent powers have an interest in the status quo... as it gives them leverage over India.. Also, no one likes an assertive new power..

• Agree
Reactions: jetray
EconomicTimes (@EconomicTimes) Tweeted:
They believe revocation of Article 370 will automatically pave their way directly to the central government to get their issues settled, largely rehabilitation.
#JammuAndKashmir We are 'misplaced' since 1947, say PoK displaced ( )

naresh fernandes (@tajmahalfoxtrot) Tweeted:
Mukul Kesavan explains why the case made by liberals for abolishing the state of Jammu and Kashmir is flawed The case made by liberals for abolishing the state of Jammu and Kashmir – and why it’s flawed via @scroll_in ( )

Ramachandra Guha (@Ram_Guha) Tweeted:
A must-read article by India’s leading IR and strategic affairs expert: Srinath Raghavan on Twitter ( )

Tilak Devasher (@tilakdevasher1) Tweeted:
#Article370Revoked Where does Pakistan go from here" My take for the @thetribunechd 'Not many options for Pakistan'
Not many options for Pakistan ( )

Pravin Sawhney (@PravinSawhney) Tweeted:
Gen Rawat confirmation that Pak troops movement on LC normal precautionary activity & dip in proxy war are clear indications that grounds being prepared by both sides for bilateral talks. Will happen before Xi comes to India in Oct 😊 ( )

I see grave fallacy in @subyroy thinking. He & most like him cannot understand role tech & mil power plays in China foreign policy. Advise to read & reflect more is all I can say 😊 Dr Subroto Roy on Twitter ( )

@sanfunhindu @AmitShah India’s claim political statement since not backed by military capabilities. China’s statements are dire indicators of the unknown. Both internal & external aspects of Kashmir expected to hot up in coming days. Script will not go as planned as we ignore/underplay China factor ( )

As I said, Chinese channels conveying China’s strong opposition to K development. Beijing concern is growing tensions between India & Pak. Beijing is mediator with implications for us. This mediation different from US as we have dispute with China & Beijing-Pak are aligned Global Times on Twitter ( )

India got polite dressing down. Agreed to mend ties with Pak. Expect meaningful talks to begin before Xi visit to India in Oct. China also said it does not accept changed status of K & L. So, 2 observations: China now mediator in India-Pak talks. And, talks to be on resolution Global Times on Twitter ( )

Ghazala Wahab (@ghazalawahab) Tweeted:
Optimists may hope it is early days yet, but it will increasingly become clear tht #Kashmir will expend most of r national efforts & resources -- military, economic & diplomatic. We have created a quicksand for ourselves which will consume more of us than we have bargained for Pravin Sawhney on Twitter (Ghazala Wahab on Twitter)

As I said, focus of talks was Kashmir developments. Jaishankar said India ready to start talks with Pakistan.😊 Suhasini Haidar on Twitter (Pravin Sawhney on Twitter)

We should bend over the Chinese now????so chinese can build islands anywhere in International water but no one should question that?whats up with the hypocrisy of the Chinese?
If Modi bends over the Chinese and starts bilateral talks with Pakistan with China as mediator ,it will be a political suicide for him.
We were quick to stand up to the US but are extremely coward in standing upto the Chinese.

Last edited:
Gen Rawat confirmation that Pak troops movement on LC normal precautionary activity & dip in proxy war are clear indications that grounds being prepared by both sides for bilateral talks. Will happen before Xi comes to India in Oct 😊 ( )

I see grave fallacy in @subyroy thinking. He & most like him cannot understand role tech & mil power plays in China foreign policy. Advise to read & reflect more is all I can say 😊 Dr Subroto Roy on Twitter ( )

@sanfunhindu @AmitShah India’s claim political statement since not backed by military capabilities. China’s statements are dire indicators of the unknown. Both internal & external aspects of Kashmir expected to hot up in coming days. Script will not go as planned as we ignore/underplay China factor ( )

As I said, Chinese channels conveying China’s strong opposition to K development. Beijing concern is growing tensions between India & Pak. Beijing is mediator with implications for us. This mediation different from US as we have dispute with China & Beijing-Pak are aligned Global Times on Twitter ( )

India got polite dressing down. Agreed to mend ties with Pak. Expect meaningful talks to begin before Xi visit to India in Oct. China also said it does not accept changed status of K & L. So, 2 observations: China now mediator in India-Pak talks. And, talks to be on resolution Global Times on Twitter ( )

Optimists may hope it is early days yet, but it will increasingly become clear tht #Kashmir will expend most of r national efforts & resources -- military, economic & diplomatic. We have created a quicksand for ourselves which will consume more of us than we have bargained for Pravin Sawhney on Twitter (Ghazala Wahab on Twitter)

As I said, focus of talks was Kashmir developments. Jaishankar said India ready to start talks with Pakistan.😊 Suhasini Haidar on Twitter (Pravin Sawhney on Twitter)
And people here were talking about capturing POK anytime now 😂😂

Sawhney being Sawhney... He is pedestrian in his assessments, and for the past ten years he has been getting worse. Onle sees what he wants to see... but don't wee all... then again we are not paid professional analysts. I hope policy and strategists keep his analysis a broomstick away from actual work.

We should bend over the Chinese now????so chinese can build islands anywhere in International water but no one should question that?whats up with the hypocrisy of the Chinese?

We are not bending over any one, to be great power one has to be great hypocrite, and act in national interest. WE will Keep our mouth Shut on Hong Kong and China will keep their nose out of J&K (the entire state). They'll probabaly get right of way one day. :p

And people here were talking about capturing POK anytime now 😂😂

I have been following him fro about a decade, today he thinks is a manner where the realpolitik has moved away from. No one, who has credibility. self advertises on breadcrumbs on Social Media. Let him Jump on Joy. We will Jump in joy in this closed forum when we are right. :p

We are not bending over any one, to be great power one has to be great hypocrite, and act in national interest. WE will Keep our mouth Shut on Hong Kong and China will keep their nose out of J&K (the entire state). They'll probabaly get right of way one day. :p
But they aren't keeping their nose out right? headlines of global times is official Chinese stand. We need to grow some balls and stand up to the Chinese , indirectly give statements on Tibet and Taiwan. And Modi should stop his fetish over the Chinese

Reactions: Paro
Just 2 weeks before nobody believed that article 370 can go. So who cares what these so called experts claim? Pakistanis who were displaying their bravado after 27th feb are now running from pilar to post to get some support.

But they aren't keeping their nose out right? headlines of global times is official Chinese stand. We need to grow some balls and stand up to the Chinese , indirectly give statements on Tibet and Taiwan. And Modi should stop his fetish over the Chinese

Bhai what they say in Global times is propaganda, it meant for certain audiences. They are not state policy or strategy. None of the P5 have supported to introduce the matter to security council. they can write anything in their paper, what they do is what matters... and they aren't doing anything against our interests, as of yet.

Sawhney being Sawhney... He is pedestrian in his assessments, and for the past ten years he has been getting worse. Onle sees what he wants to see... but don't wee all... then again we are not paid professional analysts. I hope policy and strategists keep his analysis a broomstick away from actual work.
I actually admire the way he makes his prognosis with blithe confidence. If you look at his Twitter handle, he's got into quite a few scraps with senior ex services personnel and takes great pridebin not only denigrating them and their views but also in highlighting those scraps and claiming that in spite of which a lot of these ex services personnel keep following his handle, read it and quote from it extensively to build their arguments.

Being an ex IA officer himself I'm guessing he didn't part ways with them on good terms. Either that or he's following a time tested tradition of some smart journalists to keep stirring the pot, be in the news , stay relevant and encash on it.

Between what is your appraisal of Pravin Sawhney's intellect and biases.... ? His claim that Indian Army is only suited for CI ops and is not geared for conventional war ? Don't you think he is too reverential towards the Chinese... He has even been openly challenged by ex army officers for his biases . Between China's reaction would have been gamed... China's idea of its disputed border with India is substantially shorter than India's. The only interpretation is that China does not see Ladakh as part of India. Marking it as a union territory was bound to shock China. Why do you think Jaishankar rebuffed China publicly saying that the change is India's internal affairs.. Did it look as if he was cowed down...

Show solidarity with Kashmiris or face action :

1565758182985.png

Top priority
Long live Pakistan

How insecure :rolleyes:

Reactions: Sam
Refer to # 1838 above yours. Moreover, I believe it's always good to have a contrarian view even if one doesn't quite agree with it just to get a 360' perspective of a situation.
Between what is your appraisal of Pravin Sawhney's intellect and biases.... ? His claim that Indian Army is only suited for CI ops and is not geared for conventional war ? Don't you think he is too reverential towards the Chinese... He has even been openly challenged by ex army officers for his biases . Between China's reaction would have been gamed... China's idea of its disputed border with India is substantially shorter than India's. The only interpretation is that China does not see Ladakh as part of India. Marking it as a union territory was bound to shock China. Why do you think Jaishankar rebuffed China publicly saying that the change is India's internal affairs.. Did it look as if he was cowed down...

And what will we achieve by giving some statements?? Few weeks back some folks were jumping around for Modi’s clarification after Trump’s lollipop to Imran. What happened now?? The best strategy is to keep quite and do his job which Modi is doing pretty well.

Bhai what they say in Global times is propaganda, it meant for certain audiences. They are not state policy or strategy. None of the P5 have supported to introduce the matter to security council. they can write anything in their paper, what they do is what matters... and they aren't doing anything against our interests, as of yet.
Between Global times issued so many apocalyptic warnings to India during the Doklam standoff.. saying the mighty Chinese pis s missiles instead of urine, that they will move mountains .. and what not... Ultimately the chicoms backed off.. and that road in "south" doklam is still not built..

Between Global times issued so many apocalyptic warnings to India during the Doklam standoff.. saying the mighty Chinese pis s missiles instead of urine, that they will move mountains .. and what not... Ultimately the chicoms backed off.. and that road in "south" doklam is still not built..
Those were the time every pakistani was getting orgasm merely by reading global times headline